When will we be able to read an article about the Falcons and not have

I mean enough already.  Anyone with a television knows the MV story.  Poor Falcons... cry, cry, cry. 

You know what, we don't want or need your sympathy and I'm sure the Falcons don't either.  Do these people really think this is what people want to hear or read?  Is this really what sells newspapers?  I don't think so. 

Enough of my bitchin', I was just wondering if you people that it would ever end.

it will be a long time before we stop hearing about it....it may die down for a few months, but then we have, when he gets out,whats the state charges going to bring, what are the falcons gonna do with him,will he be reinstated ,& if not now , will he ever be,who will take a chance on him,etc.,etc.....im tired of it too but, it will be a long,long,long time before it stops, so we might as well get used to it......forgot to mention the people that dont want to ever let it die......he is still a god in some eyes

mark hunter (6/11/2008)
it will be a long time before we stop hearing about it....it may die down for a few months, but then we have, when he gets out,whats the state charges going to bring, what are the falcons gonna do with him,will he be reinstated ,& if not now , will he ever be,who will take a chance on him,etc.,etc.....im tired of it too but, it will be a long,long,long time before it stops, so we might as well get used to it......forgot to mention the people that dont want to ever let it die......he is still a god in some eyes

You know when we drafted Ryan everyone was saying we were trying to close the door on Vick and I didn't really think that was the reason.  I just thought we desperately needed a QB and he was the best pick.  Now I'm starting to think that Vick had a lot to do with us picking Ryan.  As much as we hear and read about the guy, think how much Blank must have to hear about it.  That has to suck. 

Guest genn0226

Unfortunately this guy is gonna haunt us for a while.

If we suck, they'l say "The falcons have failed to be successful since Vick."

If we make the playoffs, the headlines won't be " Matt Ryan (or whoever is QB) leads Falcons to playoff berth", they will be "Falcons make playoffs for the first time w/out Vick"

IF YOU REALLY WANT HIM TO GO AWAY, AT LEAST AT THIS LEVEL OF COMMUNICATION, THIS MESSAGE BOARD ........ JUST STOP THREADING ABOUT HIM. JUST STOP POSTING ABOUT HIM. BUT THE REALITY OF IT ALL IS, EVEN THOSE WHO CLAIM TO HATE HIM JUST LOVE TO TALK ABOUT HIM, THREAD ABOUT HIM. THEY DO IT AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT THE MORE THEY BASH HIM ON HERE, THE MORE THEY KEEP HIS NAME AT THE FRONT. MANY SAY THEY WANT HIS NAME TO JUST FADE AWAY ....... BUT THEY WON'T LET IT FADE ..... THEY KEEP THREADING ABOUT HIM. IT'S THERE RIGHT. BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. YOU WANT HIS NAME TO GO AWAY, BUT YOU WON'T LET IT GO AWAY. AS FOR THE MEDIA, THEY'LL BE THROWING IT IN OUR FACE FOR YEARS TO COME. AS FOR ME ..... "FRANKLY MY DEAR I DON'T .... ...... ....

REV.2000 (6/11/2008)
IF YOU REALLY WANT HIM TO GO AWAY, AT LEAST AT THIS LEVEL OF COMMUNICATION, THIS MESSAGE BOARD ........ JUST STOP THREADING ABOUT HIM. JUST STOP POSTING ABOUT HIM. BUT THE REALITY OF IT ALL IS, EVEN THOSE WHO CLAIM TO HATE HIM JUST LOVE TO TALK ABOUT HIM, THREAD ABOUT HIM. THEY DO IT AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT THE MORE THEY BASH HIM ON HERE, THE MORE THEY KEEP HIS NAME AT THE FRONT. MANY SAY THEY WANT HIS NAME TO JUST FADE AWAY ....... BUT THEY WON'T LET IT FADE ..... THEY KEEP THREADING ABOUT HIM. IT'S THERE RIGHT. BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. YOU WANT HIS NAME TO GO AWAY, BUT YOU WON'T LET IT GO AWAY. AS FOR THE MEDIA, THEY'LL BE THROWING IT IN OUR FACE FOR YEARS TO COME. AS FOR ME ..... "FRANKLY MY DEAR I DON'T .... ...... ....

Talking about Vick on this board is not my complaint.  I choose to ignore that stuff.  My complaint is reading articles in the newspaper or the Net and Vick's name is always mentioned.  They might as well be talking about Chris Chandler. 

It is part of the journalistic formula taught in every journalism school in the country.  No story every lists the facts chronologically.  Reporters write the recent news first, followed by supporting facts and information, then end with salient background information on the subject.  Vick for the foreseeable future, will remain salient background information. Sorry.  i too am sick of hearing his name.

Paranoid, I know, but I really do believe the media in general and the AJC in particular are out to get the Falcons.  I think it s because the Falcons for so long made an easy whipping boy for hack sports journalist .

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Heck, I know the day after the Falcons win the NFL Championship Game, the headline in the AJC will read Atlanta Falcons Fail to Lose Super Bowl .

REV.2000 (6/11/2008)
great post REV

Just think in global terms. Outside of Atlanta the only notable things about the Falcons are Mike Vick and Matt Ryan.  Turner was a national story for just the day after the signing.  Now its reported that he is no longer with the Chargers almost daily, but the team he went to is rarely mentioned.

This is the reality of the Falcons.  The franchise will continue to be an NFL footnote until their play on the field merits mention.

I love the Falcons.  Once they play their last game the season is over for me even though I love football. However, even here in Atlanta, that makes me a strange bird.  That said, I do realize the score outside of my own reality.

falcndave (6/11/2008)
Just think in global terms. Outside of Atlanta the only notable things about the Falcons are Mike Vick and Matt Ryan.  Turner was a national story for just the day after the signing.  Now its reported that he is no longer with the Chargers almost daily, but the team he went to is rarely mentioned.

This is the reality of the Falcons.  The franchise will continue to be an NFL footnote until their play on the field merits mention.

I love the Falcons.  Once they play their last game the season is over for me even though I love football. However, even here in Atlanta, that makes me a strange bird.  That said, I do realize the score outside of my own reality.

You know, it's like watching CNN and listening to all the stories of roadside bombs in Iraq but hearing nothing about schools and hospitals being built and little children having medicine for the first time in their lives.  I can assure you that what the media feeds you isn't the whole story.  Their sole purpose is to sell doom and gloom. 

mark hunter (6/11/2008)

dead on man. the state charges will bring up tons more attention on vick again after he gets out, which im sure will be on ESPN, NFL Live, etc. then theyll segway into talking about the falcons and they will say how they dont expect us to be good this year (schlareth will say we cant win because we dont have a good enough oline, jackson i think it is will say we wont win because there is too much turmoil and wingo will wrap it all up with some stupid conclusion sentance like "well they have no where to go but up after last year" once again proving he knows nothing about football and is nothing short of a teleprompter with ears.)

if you cant tell, im tired of this crap too. :laugh:

i can deal with people talking about vick all the time, but i dont like it when people just use him as a segway into talking about how little they expect from us.

Bill Cox (6/11/2008)
REV.2000 (6/11/2008)

Talking about Vick on this board is not my complaint.  I choose to ignore that stuff.  My complaint is reading articles in the newspaper or the Net and Vick's name is always mentioned.  They might as well be talking about Chris Chandler. 

GET USE TO IT. LIKE I SAID, THE MEDIA WILL BE THROWING IT IN OUR FACE FOR YEARS TO COME. YOU'LL HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING WITH THE MEDIA THAT YOU SAY YOU DO ON HERE ..... IGNORE THE ARTICLE .... JUST DON'T READ IT. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

bottom line is mv7 screwed up big time, I along with many other falcon fans have accepted that. but the 1 thing u haters cant never erase, is what mv7 did for this franschise. 6 year sellout rate, 90,000 season ticket waiting list and most importantly, national aclaim 4 monday night games in 1 season

dyrtebirdz (6/12/2008)
bottom line is mv7 screwed up big time, I along with many other falcon fans have accepted that. but the 1 thing u haters cant never erase, is what mv7 did for this franschise. 6 year sellout rate, 90,000 season ticket waiting list and most importantly, national aclaim 4 monday night games in 1 season
in a season in which he didnt play & now it will be a longer time before the falcons see a monday night game again....& the sellout rate was because we have to many fans of a player & not the team....its embarrasing to me as a long time fan of the falcons....im not a hater but, im not a defender either