Whatever happened to...?

Guest .WP

Guest genn0226

Hey,

Just wondering whatever happened to that kick who was our kicker for the first few games this season? I believe his last name was Prater? Not sure...

Anyhow, I was just wondering where his washed up ##### ended up. Poor guy couldn't kick to save his life. :w00t:

Guest genn0226
Sun Tzu 7 (6/10/2008)
You're going to LOVE this...

Denver picked him up and we got Elam....

HAHA, wow. You can't be serious!

Sucks for them, is he their #1 guy?

genn0226 (6/10/2008)
Sun Tzu 7 (6/10/2008)

HAHA, wow. You can't be serious!

Sucks for them, is he their #1 guy?

I doubt it.  I think he's just a training camp body.... Unless Shanahan thinks he can make a kicker out of anyone.... which he might...

Sun Tzu 7 (6/10/2008)

Given the luck this franchise has, Prater will have a perfect season & 2, 60+ yard FG's to win games & Elam bombs out making only 50% & nothing outside the 40 yard mark.

Guest genn0226

I forgot I had the Jacksonville game saved to my computer, so I opened it up and searched for his name...Full name is Matt Prater. This is what I found:

Prater has a chance to become the starter in Denver after Jason Elam left and signed with the Atlanta Falcons. The Broncos fully expect Prater to be their starting kicker in 2008.

Apparently Shannahan thinks he can turn him into a kicker :o

P.S I realized I wrote "Whatever happened to that KICK" i meant kid. Lol.

Prater was a head case. Almost as much of one a Feely, now you want to talk about a guy who could nail a 58 yarder if the Falcons were up or down by 28 with 3 mins to go, that was Feely. If we were tied or down by 2 or 3 with a min to go and you needed a 28 yarder to be true, then Feely would shank it. Anyone see that Giants/Seattle game where he missed like 5 in the clutch? That was vintage Feely. I'd take a 90 year old Morten Anderson over that guy anyday.

NCFalconfan (6/10/2008)
Prater was a head case. Almost as much of one a Feely, now you want to talk about a guy who could nail a 58 yarder if the Falcons were up or down by 28 with 3 mins to go, that was Feely. If we were tied or down by 2 or 3 with a min to go and you needed a 28 yarder to be true, then Feely would shank it. Anyone see that Giants/Seattle game where he missed like 5 in the clutch? That was vintage Feely. I'd take a 90 year old Morten Anderson over that guy anyday.

I assure you that Prater at this point is a bigger headcase than Feely.  Feely did make some kicks for us that won football games although I was never a fan of his I do have to say that.

As for why we ever had Prater I will never ever know.  We cut Cundiff and kept Prater who nobody ever even heard of before the last Baltimore pre-season game.  I never even got close to understanding that move and it took the little bit of momentum that we had at the start of the year and tanked us.  We imploded from there.

It's not Praters fault though so I don't blame him.  He was not a very good kicker to begin with.  To have successful expectations for him was wrong on anyones part.

Prater ended up in Denver, while we got one of the most clutch FG kickers in the league. Jason Elam, our new kicker, is as accurate as Morten Anderson with a +50 range. Think Morten Anderson, but 10 years younger. As a matter in fact, Elam was playing against us in our Superbowl back in 98 and kicked in 2-3 FGs.

Concerning Prater. He had an absolutely insane leg, bigger than Koenan. He was averaging around 70+ yards on punts(or was it kick offs?) and kicked many out the back of the endzone. The thing was though, he simply was a head case... he couldn't kick the chip shots in to save his life...

NCFalconfan (6/10/2008)
lol yeah.He missed 4 game winners and they went on to lose the **** game.On one of them Straham ran out on the field when he thought it was good.....and he was out there by himself looking stupid lol.

Guest genn0226

I agree. If he had made those kicks the Carolina and Jacksonville games could've had a whole different result. Those were 2 of the first 3 games so who knows IF we could've build any momentum. Had we beat JAC and CAR we would've had 3 consecutive wins if you count the Houston win. 3-1 after week 4 would not have been bad at all, specially for this team.

Not blaming it all on him, because we had many more issues...but who knows...

Guest genn0226
tweak (6/11/2008)
Sun Tzu 7 (6/10/2008)

You can't make up that kind of irony! :laugh:

I think Prater got his brain tattooed and it messed up his foot-eye coordination.

:laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I'm not too sure about Elam but I sure hope this guy blows in Denver. If he pulls a Favre and goes on to become a Vinatieri I think I'l shoot myself. :w00t: