I thought that there was no more 6 year deals

joremari (6/8/2008)
if you are talking about mcfadden's contract, wow... 6 years 60 million dollars for the number 4 pick for a rb. That almost what Russell got last year at number 1. Jake Long must be kicking himself right about now.

I know that is crazy. what about the 6years though and the rush to sign him

meh, who cares really? what's important is that ryan was signed in time for training camp. especially when you consider what mcfadden got ryan got a fair deal for what position he plays and where he was drafted. Last year russell didn't join the raiders until regular season. glad we dont have that going on here.

joremari (6/8/2008)
meh, who cares really? what's important is that ryan was signed in time for training camp. especially when you consider what mcfadden got ryan got a fair deal for what position he plays and where he was drafted. Last year russell didn't join the raiders until regular season. glad we dont have that going on here.

Our current FO reminds me of the bush admin. Lies lies lies

MrPickles (6/8/2008)
joremari (6/8/2008)

Our current FO reminds me of the bush admin. Lies lies lies

lol i wouldn't go that far, and don't want to tread those waters in TATF, but I will say that I do not believe it was our FO that said that, but it was a ESPN writer. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

kicking himself for getting a 5 year $57 million dollar deal. He is an OT that will never touch the ball and he got 3mil less for a year less work.  Rb is a high profile position, OT, not so much.  I don't think that any of the Probowl Oline in the NFL would kick themselves if they got that same deal.