2 years ago the Tennessee Titans

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NiteFalcon (6/7/2008)
and that year they improved to a 8-8 team.

then last year they were 10-6 and a playoff team.

Now we are in a position where we have drafted a QB 3rd overall..can we be a playoff team in 2 years? If Dimitroff builds a team properly, as opposed to how mckay built a team around vick, then i think we can do it.

I'm not sure what Vick hasto do with your equation. McKay didn't "build the team around Vick"......no OL and avg. wr's aren't what I call "building the team around Vick".

Guest Gritz
easymoney (6/7/2008)
Vince Young is 10 times better than Matt Ryan. The titans O line is way better than the falcons. White and Henry are way, way better than you guys Rb's. And droppy white still hasn't learned to catch the ball.
All of your posts suck big time. You don't post anything at all to back up your claims.

You are a major league troll.

You and your posts fail.

I don't think you can compare Apples to Apples, I mean it's two different teams and completally different situations IMO.

I will say though I think the Falcons are making the right moves for the most part. This is gonna be an interesting season to watch them play. I hope Ryan gets some playing time but either way I hope the Falcons get more Wins than last year.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!

run and shoot (6/8/2008)
NiteFalcon (6/7/2008)

Now we are in a position where we have drafted a QB 3rd overall..can we be a playoff team in 2 years? If Dimitroff builds a team properly, as opposed to how mckay built a team around vick, then i think we can do it.

I'm not sure what Vick hasto do with your equation. McKay didn't "build the team around Vick"......no OL and avg. wr's aren't what I call "building the team around Vick".

Think again. Our WR's were taught mostly how to block downfield..our WR coach was a former Offensive lineman. Now why would that be? We built our team around running the ball with Vick and Dunn with the ocassional Duckett/norwood. The WR's were taught to block downfield for when vick ran with the ball. Years like 2006 our offense was specifically targeted to getting vick in open space.

ex.: knapp started to implement spread offense package's similar to those run in the college game...this was solely to generate fixed opportunities where vick can choose where to run the ball.

Then there is the zone blocking scheme, which was simply perfect for a mobile qb. By creating these zones we had 3 major plays in our offense: run dunn, bootleg vick and run, bootleg vick and pass. The unpredictability of this scheme lead us to lead the league in rushing for 3 years..

So in conclusion, our offensive line was tooled for zone blocking...because we had vick. Our WR's were focused more on blocking than receiving...because we had vick. We had a small scat back that had his best years while playing with....you guessed it, vick.

If you think for even one second that this team wasnt built around vick, then your uninformed and havent taken a look at our team. Watch the 2007 season and see what happens when you remove the core of your offense, and the players you have in place cant perform.

easymoney (6/7/2008)
Vince Young is 10 times better than Matt Ryan. The titans O line is way better than the falcons. White and Henry are way, way better than you guys Rb's. And droppy white still hasn't learned to catch the ball.

lolz... you know Vince Young was 1 INT away from having a 2:1 INT to TD ratio last year? 9 TDS to 17 INTs.

i don't think we can pull off the same scenario like the Titans did. The main reason i say this is because 1) the Interior Defense of the titans was more dominate.

Until we get that Haynesworth type of player in the middle. Just to be realistic. I feel we'll improve from 4-12, but not likely .500 or better.

I do believe that we will win 7 to 9 games next season....but, it will not be due to Ryan.....It will be due to improved defense, improved running game, improved offensive line play, improved special teams, and having Redman at QB. 

We lost 5 games last year by 7 points or less. 

k-phan (6/8/2008)
i don't think we can pull off the same scenario like the Titans did. The main reason i say this is because 1) the Interior Defense of the titans was more dominate.

Until we get that Haynesworth type of player in the middle. Just to be realistic. I feel we'll improve from 4-12, but not likely .500 or better.

we could have won at least 1 sb if Vick had Young's supporting cast.

joremari (6/8/2008)
k-phan (6/8/2008)

Supporting cast....I guess you mean the Titan Defense.  Tennessee was weak offensively.

Rodney (6/8/2008)
joremari (6/8/2008)
k-phan (6/8/2008)

Supporting cast....I guess you mean the Titan Defense. Tennessee was weak offensively.

it's kind of hard not being weak offensively when your qb throws twice as many INTs as TDs. The Titans had more victories last year (10) then Young had TD passes (9). lol

k-phan (6/8/2008)

i agree. a great defensive line can make our team so much better

k-phan (6/8/2008)

i some what agree..... i agree that we need to have a Albert Haynesworth type DT for this cover 2 Defense to reach its max but look at the Buffalo Bills....The Bills finished 7-9 without a Albert Haynesworth type DT in their Cover 2 scheme

Next offseason 6'3 300lbs DT Tank Johnson will be a freeagent next year.... I really think Tank can be a probowl DT in our 4-3 system with Abe..... Tank also should come a little cheaper because of his past... The thing is will the FO take a chance on him

Dem Birds Can Fly (6/7/2008)
NiteFalcon (6/7/2008)

Unfortunately, it wasn't really Vince Young that helped turn that team around, they have a great defense. Vince gets away with a lot because of that defense, and he doesn't have to be the best passer because of his mobility, Ryan won't have that to fall back on like Young does. Hopefully our running will be his crutch though.

Agree
The Falcon Ace (6/7/2008)
Young also has the luxary of an above average offensive line and a very consistant running game.
And agree.

Tennessee had many more pieces in place than we do. It's going to be tougher for us to repeat their success. Vince Young is not a great QB, and he is definitely not the reason they have done well, but he also isn't really losing them games either.

NiteFalcon (6/8/2008)
run and shoot (6/8/2008)
NiteFalcon (6/7/2008)

Think again. Our WR's were taught mostly how to block downfield..our WR coach was a former Offensive lineman. Now why would that be? We built our team around running the ball with Vick and Dunn with the ocassional Duckett/norwood. The WR's were taught to block downfield for when vick ran with the ball. Years like 2006 our offense was specifically targeted to getting vick in open space.

ex.: knapp started to implement spread offense package's similar to those run in the college game...this was solely to generate fixed opportunities where vick can choose where to run the ball.

Then there is the zone blocking scheme, which was simply perfect for a mobile qb. By creating these zones we had 3 major plays in our offense: run dunn, bootleg vick and run, bootleg vick and pass. The unpredictability of this scheme lead us to lead the league in rushing for 3 years..

So in conclusion, our offensive line was tooled for zone blocking...because we had vick. Our WR's were focused more on blocking than receiving...because we had vick. We had a small scat back that had his best years while playing with....you guessed it, vick.

If you think for even one second that this team wasnt built around vick, then your uninformed and havent taken a look at our team. Watch the 2007 season and see what happens when you remove the core of your offense, and the players you have in place cant perform.

We did built a team around Vick, but man was it a bass akward idiotic way to do it...

NiteFalcon (6/7/2008)

uh ya and they drafted a QB who can run. We didn't draft Michael Vick. We drafted a guy we hope will blossom into a good player in a couple years. NOT this year. Vince Young had horrible passing numbers but they won games because of his legs. use your head.

NiteFalcon (6/7/2008)

AMEN  BROTHER  !!!!!

scott hartley (6/8/2008)
NiteFalcon (6/7/2008)

uh ya and they drafted a QB who can run. We didn't draft Michael Vick. We drafted a guy we hope will blossom into a good player in a couple years. NOT this year. Vince Young had horrible passing numbers but they won games because of his legs. use your head.

yeah, it wasn't their top 5 defense that also only gave up 18 ppg. let's give credit to the guy who ran for 400 yards and 3 tds all season all while throwing twice as many INTs as TDs.

scott hartley (6/8/2008)

Umm 395 yards is not all that terrific. Thats a whopping average of 26 yards per game there genius. That could be a help if he knew what team to throw to, but unfortunately I saw a kid with down syndrome throwing better passes to his friends.

btw, Cleo Lemon had more rushing TD's

Young was like Vick was when he came to Atlanta, We had one of the best defenses we ever had and they won a lot of games for us. Same thing with Young. I pray Ryan is much better than Young because Young is about as bad of passer as Vick was. Please don't compare Ryan to Young that is a bad thing.

jgentry162 (6/9/2008)
Young was like Vick was when he came to Atlanta, We had one of the best defenses we ever had and they won a lot of games for us. Same thing with Young. I pray Ryan is much better than Young because Young is about as bad of passer as Vick was. Please don't compare Ryan to Young that is a bad thing.

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know Vick was FAR better of a passer than Young was...