WHAT'S UP WITH JOE HORN?

chuck

One things for sure -- if Joe chooses to pout and doesn't get himself physically and mentally ready to go -- he won't be able to help the falcons or anybody else.

He should be given the chance to show that he still has 'it', and could be a very valueable veteran presence as our young WR's develope.  The NFL is about quality depth and if White or Robinson were injured, you could do worse than having a JHorn to step in.

However, if he refuses to accept his role with the team, what then?  I doubt that a trade would net us much in return or if a team would take on his salary.  If he's cut, we take a cap hit, and he could be signed for less by another team and come back to haunt us.

Best case for the falcons -- he works hard and earns playing time through performance.

You answered your own question.  However, Horn is a cry baby and because of the way igmo McKay signed him we are about stuck with him.

Horn was a boost to the young wrs in camp only.  When it came game time, he wasn't plus he was a big contributor to the turmoil in the locker room.

I wish there was a way to get rid of his cry baby azz without getting hurt.

muskokas finest (6/7/2008)
Best case scenario for Horn - he agrees to a pay cut and we release him.
his selfish a$$ didn't take one for New Orleans. He still thinks he is 25 and in his prime. He basically is in the same situation he was with NO with better WR and him earning more money than them.

Guys,  this is the NFL and it is cut-throat...

If Horn decides to "dog-it" and not give 100% effort NO one will pick him up...

Why would another team want to pick up a WR his age who doesn't give 100%?

I think if Horn is still here when the season begins he will give 110% or whatever his body allows him to.

You can't fight your body...  and ever since Katrina I've liked Horn...  He showed me something during that mess that I can't explain...

I would try to trade him to a team who is on the verge of being over the top like the Vikings or Titans, they are play-off teams who need WRs and leadership.

I am not that mad at Horn. He has given everything he can to the NFL and he's starting to run low on gas, I can understand not wanting to just retire to being a bench rider who plays as a leader and high-five guy to the top WRs on the team. If I was him I would want to go to a winning team and get me a ring to, because the Falcons are not winning a Superbowl any time soon.

I've been a fan for close to 30 years, and Horn is the player I hate the most.  When Vick was going through problems last year, I kept seeing Horn on the TV commenting on the team, and the problem Vick was in.  Horn never played a game with Vick, and I got tired of listening to him of how good a team player Vick was without ever playing a down with him.  With White, Jenkins, Robinson, Douglas, and maybe Finneran, this troublemaker is not needed or wanted.  Go back and play your blues for the Saints!

Lets say the first four WR spots go like this.....

White, Robinson, Douglas, Jenkins, and 5th WR??

The 5th guy will be Finneran, Jennings, or Horn. Joe will have to show the coaches he has something left in the tank. The only reason he stays will be b/c of his dead money if the FO decides to cut him.

nobkowski (6/7/2008)
You answered your own question.  However, Horn is a cry baby and because of the way igmo McKay signed him we are about stuck with him.

Horn was a boost to the young wrs in camp only.  When it came game time, he wasn't plus he was a big contributor to the turmoil in the locker room.

I wish there was a way to get rid of his cry baby azz without getting hurt.

Horn a crybaby? Are you serious? He's no different than anybody here. The coach says he will play the best players but what does that really mean? Horn could have an incredible preseason but with the obvious move of going younger he won't get the PT he wants or deserves. How is he crying? This is very stupid. I am glad he's stating how he feels and now we can see the actual feelings of these players. He's not all about the money he wants to play.

ziggy58 (6/7/2008)
I've been a fan for close to 30 years, and Horn is the player I hate the most.  When Vick was going through problems last year, I kept seeing Horn on the TV commenting on the team, and the problem Vick was in.  Horn never played a game with Vick, and I got tired of listening to him of how good a team player Vick was without ever playing a down with him.  With White, Jenkins, Robinson, Douglas, and maybe Finneran, this troublemaker is not needed or wanted.  Go back and play your blues for the Saints!

But i bet if it was Brett Farve that horn was talking about it would be different. He was dedicated to this team and it showed in the play of White. He supported Vick like a teammate should. How was he a troublemaker?

If a trade cannot be worked out, then Joe ought to give his all to earn PT with the falcons.  I think we all expect our group of young and talented WR's to be very good -- this may not happen.  A year ago many were down on White, Robinson could have the 2nd year blues, Jenkins already has plenty of haters, and Douglas is said to have the top slot receiver position without having played a down in the NFL.  Injuries also are a part of the game.  Just imagine White going down -- I don't think the trio of Robinson, Jenkins, Douglas would exactly strike fear in the hearts of most teams.

It's up to Horn to get his mind and body right, but if he does, we could probably use him.

imo....joe can still contribute to this team.he still can play & he will do everything he can to help the young wr on this team.he helped roddy alot last year.....we need a veteran wr that has had success in this league & he has had some.if we can get something for him....ok....but to just cut him & have that "dead money" is just plain crazy. he can earn his $$$$ in more ways than one....imo

ziggy58 (6/7/2008)

horn had met him on the offseason before all this ##### happened and knew him then, they played in a pro bowl together as well so he knew him somewhat. Players meet each other when they all play in the NFL together and so he liked vick and decided to give him support because thats the kind of guy he is. There is nothing wrong with that just like there is nothing wrong with him not wanting to sit back and watch everyone else play. He wants to win and deserves the chance to be on a winning team.