Tampa released QB Bruce Gradkowski - he's on waivers

g-dawg

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808aaffe

Wednesday's "Around the League" with Adam Scheffter

Basically he said that Gradkowski has been put on waivers (3-days) and said that he would be a "bargain" at a remaining contract price of $445,000 in 2008 and $888,000 in 2009. He said he would anticipate teams looking for QB help would be interested and the teams that Scheffter thought COULD be interested would be:

Atlanta Falcons

St. Louis Cardinals

Detroit Lions

Chicago Bears

Personally, I would be all for this move if it means we can get rid of "Hoey" Harrington who just sucks in every imaginable way. Clearly we have Matt Ryan at #1 and Chris Redman at #2 but I would love to see Gradkowski fight for the #3 spot with DJ Shockley.   The guy(Gradkowski) has more "heart" than Hoey ever will.....

I say "pick him up":)   The Falcons should have a higher waiver claim than St. Louis, Detroit, or Chicago.

Matt Ice is Matty Bust (6/5/2008)
I don't know the odds of picking him up, they have some faith in Joey otherwise they wouldn't keep him around. Plus DJ is still here.
some players lost faith in Joey after the first few games of the season b/c of him holding the ball too long. The OL magically started to allow fewer sacks when Redman stepped in.

Dangit! This just proves once again how stupid our front office is.

They should have known Gradsowskiooojlkasdf was going to be released. Did they wait for his so we could snag our QB of the future at a bargain price? Nooooooooooooo! They went out and drafted Ryan.

I can't believe we're stuck with Ryan when we could have had Gradowskioijoijuopijlasdfklas!!! I tell you this will go down with the Favre trade as one of the stupidist moves in franchise history.

LADBABY (6/5/2008)
This thread is disrespectful of our current qb's, none of whom is any less than twice the player that Gradkowski is. That is not greener grass you are looking at it is something nasty.

I agree I think they are set at QB for now. I think Redman still has some thing left and I wouldn't mind seeing what DJ looks like in preaseason this year.

IHateThe Cowboys! (6/5/2008)
norwoodfan2132 (6/5/2008)
we needa use shockley on some trick plays..like randal el

I run faster than shockley does, what kinda trick plays are we talking about....fetching lunch?

1. I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT

2. You don't have to be fast to run a wr reverse pass..like randal el did to hines ward in the superbowl...

IHateThe Cowboys! (6/5/2008)
we needa use shockley on some trick plays..like randal el

I run faster than shockley does, what kinda trick plays are we talking about....fetching lunch?

1. I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT

2. You don't have to be fast to run a wr reverse pass..like randal el did to hines ward in the superbowl...

3. Qb's should know how to read defenses better than most receivers.(Just and added bonus to QB's who make the transfer to WR's)

Brookhaven (6/5/2008)

They should have known Gradsowskiooojlkasdf was going to be released. Did they wait for his so we could snag our QB of the future at a bargain price? Nooooooooooooo! They went out and drafted Ryan.

I can't believe we're stuck with Ryan when we could have had Gradowskioijoijuopijlasdfklas!!! I tell you this will go down with the Favre trade as one of the stupidist moves in franchise history.

HAVE YOU EVER STOPED AND WONDERED : IF GRADKOWSKI WAS SO GOOD .... WHY IS TAMPA RELEASING HIM? 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: WHY BUY A USED CAR ...... WHEN YOU CAN AFFORD A NEW ONE? .......... WE COULD AFFORD A NEW ONE ...... SO WE BOUGHT ONE OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR.:D

REV.2000 (6/5/2008)
Brookhaven (6/5/2008)

HAVE YOU EVER STOPED AND WONDERED : IF GRADKOWSKI WAS SO GOOD .... WHY IS TAMPA RELEASING HIM?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: WHY BUY A USED CAR ...... WHEN YOU CANAFFORD A NEW ONE? .......... WE COULD AFFORD A NEW ONE ...... SO WE BOUGHT ONE OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR.:D

I think that the OP was being sarcastic, REV :)