Newbe

Sosban

Hey from United Kingdom and have followed the NFL for some 8 years now, havent really settled for a team but thought it was time to, considering the falcs as i loved watching Michael Vick play, i know thats all gone sour but he did attract me to the falcs first of all. Just wanted to know some background stuff, what pick did we Falcs, thanks.

Sosban (6/5/2008)
Hey from United Kingdom and have followed the NFL for some 8 years now, havent really settled for a team but thought it was time to, considering the falcs as i loved watching Michael Vick play, i know thats all gone sour but he did attract me to the falcs first of all. Just wanted to know some background stuff, what pick did we Falcs, thanks.

Welcome to the boards!!!  What was your question again??:)

Sosban (6/5/2008)
What did we get for the Hall Trade?

See us struggling again this year? seccondary seems weak

Any general info i should know about the falcons?

Where should I start...

2nd round pick for D. Hall

I do see us struggling a little this year, but I'm hoping for an 8-8 season.

Secondary seems a little weak if you're judging actually height and weight.

General Info:  We are in TOTAL Re-build Mode:  New Coaches, New QB, New Offensive Scheme, New Defensive Scheme.  QB/WR coming back from knee surgery, PAY NO ATTENTION to some Message Board Members, as they are TROLLS!!  :w00t:

Welcome to the boards - we're glad to have you!  the best general info one could know about the Falcons is that they Rock - You picked a good time to become a fan because thier time is comming!  They had to tear down the team to rebuild it and they've got a couple of great architects in Thomas Dimitroff and coach Mike Smith - lots of good things to come!!!

Welcome, I would recommend picking another team if you weren't born here,

If we win one game this coming season ,

I will be shocked.

Our Secondary really isnt weak, yes I said it.

We have 4 decent CB, not including JWill which he should start if I was the coach.

But, Our DL is going to let all the QBs we face have 10 sec to throw the ball so who knows.

But, the DB backfield is Filled with talent

Our main weakeness is OL, they are worse than a many College Teams

I expect that we will go through all the QBs before the season is done, like Carolina last year.

Turner wont last long, thank God for Snelling.

Norwood probably wont make it to the first game unless they only let him play a few downs in preseason.

Also, I dont believe we got anything for DHALL, but it doesnt matter anyway ,

we would have picked a Filtered TE or LB.

General Info: We are in TOTAL Re-build Mode: New Coaches, New QB, New Offensive Scheme, New Defensive Scheme. QB/WR coming back from knee surgery,

PAY NO ATTENTION to some Message Board Members, as they are TROLLS!! :w00t:

ts?t=7992451016565418002

They're everywhere!!:P

WELCOME ABOARD. FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS BUCKLE UP YOUR CHINSTRAP. GET READY FOR SOME HARD AND HEAVY HITTING. PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES. WATCH OUT FOR THE CRACKBACK BLOCKS, THERE ARE A FEW DIRTY PLAYERS HERE. NEVER ..... NEVER THINK A THREAD IS DEAD ..... EVEN AFTER THE WHISTLE HAS BLOWN.:)........ GLAD YOU'RE HERE!;)

Sosban (6/5/2008)

if you want to follow a good team than follow the Bucs, not the Falcons:D...

j/p:P

bucman (6/5/2008)
Sosban (6/5/2008)

j/p:P

haha...

Welcome!

As you know we picked up 11 draft picks this year.  A new QB to replace Vick and a new OT to replace our old man Gandy at LT.

We'll have an interesting year.  We are rebuilding but we are in a weak division so anything can happen.

Our CBs are actually pretty good this year. As are our WRs!

go Falcons!

Nice to have you aboard.  As others have said: prepare for almost everything/anything on these boards. Once you get past the posts from the usual uber-trolls, haters and negativity nerds, you will find some insightful comments about the Falcons and have an opportunity to ask questions and/or opine on all things Atlanta Falcon. Some of the threads you will certainly see over and over (and over) again include:

Love/Hate Vick, Cut Shockley/Shockley is the future, Love/Hate Brooking, Love/Hate Ryan, Love/Hate the front office, We should have drafted.../We should never have drafted...

One thing most of us will agree upon: we hate the Bucs, Panthers and the Saints. Some of their fans will infiltrate these boards and toss in an occasional grenade, just to get something going.  Buckle your chin-strap and hang on.

NewFalcon (6/5/2008)
Nice to have you aboard.  As others have said: prepare for amost everything/anything on these boards. Once you get past the posts from the usual uber-trolls, haters and negativity nerds, you will find some insightful comments about the Falcons and have an opportunity to ask questions and/or opine on all things Atlanta Falcon. Some of the threads you will certainly see over and over (and over) again include:

Love/Hate Vick, Cut Shockley/Shockley is the future, Love/Hate Brooking, Love/Hate Ryan, Love/Hate the front office, We should have drafted.../We should never have drafted...

One thing most of us will agree upon: we hate the Bucs, Panthers and the Saints. Some of their fans will infiltrate these boards and toss in an occasional grenade, just to get something going.  Buckle your chin-strap and hang on.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:  You said it!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Where abouts in Great Britain you from? My ex-wife is from Gosport...

Anyway, just making sure you are aware that the Falcons are an

American style Football team:P .By the way, welcome aboard and bear w/

an upstart young team that should be loads of fun to watch over the

next several years. GO FALCONS!!!!

welcome...i hope you decide to join us...ive been a falcon fan since 75 & last year was the worst ever....we have a promising future as we are starting over so to speak....if you stay around you will figure who to ignore & who to read & respond to.....not everyone on here is indicative of what most fans of the falcons are. also you will need to have patience with some & our team,& if you do , you will be able to proudly say....im an atlanta falcons fan

Welcome aboard the "A" train.  Great to have a new fan come aboard from overseas.  One thing's for sure, you really have to earn your 'wings' being a Falcon fan.  I've been one for over 40 years and although we've had so much limited success, it's those years when we can overcome the odds to make it to the playoffs that really make you feel good about this team at times.  I feel like our time is going to come soon when we're no longer the pushovers in the league and will start becoming world beaters for once.

OK, let's get you up to speed on what's been going on this offseason...

First off, we drafted a guy named Ryan or something to fill in at QB for a few games while future Hall of Famer DJ Shockley puts the finishing touches on his preparations to become the perrenial All Pro face-of-the-franchise QB that he is. DJ is the future - that's a given. Now, here's the problem...

For some reason, we signed this Ryan guy to a huge contract - which was a huge mistake, given that he's never played one down of football at the NFL level. What we should have done was signed this guy named Dorsey to a huge contract, given that he's, um... never... played... one down of football at the NFL level.

Anyway, it's likely this move for Dorsey would have been made, had the puppet GM that the team's owner installed before the draft actually been allowed to pick the players he wanted. Or if that other GM that said owner desperately tried to hire before he settled for the current one had accepted the position. Because everyone knows that Bill Parcells has never bowed to the wishes of a meddling owner in his life. *cough* Bob Kraft Jerry Jones *cough*

Oh, and we drafted an OT with no arms. That's right, you heard me - no arms. Just hands that extend from his shoulders. It's crazy. And to accomplish this, we traded two 2nd round picks and a 4th rounder for a 1st, 3rd and 5th. It doesn't take a mathmatician to see that we obviously came away two picks short in this deal.

Sooo... I think that about covers it.

Confused? Then either you must know nothing about football or are a racist.

Welcome to the boards! :)

cooperbh (6/5/2008)
OK, let's get you up to speed on what's been going on this offseason...

First off, we drafted a guy named Ryan or something to fill in at QB for a few games while future Hall of Famer DJ Shockley puts the finishing touches on his preparations to become the perrenial All Pro face-of-the-franchise QB that he is. DJ is the future - that's a given. Now, here's the problem...

For some reason, we signed this Ryan guy to a huge contract - which was a huge mistake, given that he's never played one down of football at the NFL level. What we should have done was signed this guy named Dorsey to a huge contract, given that he's, um... never... played... one down of football at the NFL level.

Anyway, it's likely this move for Dorsey would have been made, had the puppet GM that the team's owner installed before the draft actually been allowed to pick the players he wanted. Or if that other GM that said owner desperately tried to hire before he settled for the current one had accepted the position. Because everyone knows that Bill Parcells has never bowed to the wishes of a meddling owner in his life. *cough* Bob Kraft Jerry Jones *cough*

Oh, and we drafted an OT with no arms. That's right, you heard me - no arms. Just hands that extend from his shoulders. It's crazy. And to accomplish this, we traded two 2nd round picks and a 4th rounder for a 1st, 3rd and 5th. It doesn't take a mathmatician to see that we obviously came away two picks short in this deal.

Sooo... I think that about covers it.

Confused? Then either you must know nothing about football or are a racist.

Welcome to the boards! :)

this is an example of what a troll is & this isnt the worst example either...if you stay, you will see worse......the good fans will make you want to stay though

Sosban (6/5/2008)
Hi :) it doesn't matter how you became a fan as long as you stay a fan of the team ;)

Nice to have you here.

bucman (6/5/2008)

THIS IS ONE OF THOSE CRACKBACK BLOCKS I WAS TELLING YOU TO LOOKOUT FOR.  ON YOUR FIRST THREAD, THIS GUY IS TRYING TO TALK YOU INTO COMMITING SUICIDE.:D

REV.2000 (6/5/2008)
bucman (6/5/2008)

THIS IS ONE OF THOSE CRACKBACK BLOCKS I WAS TELLING YOU TO LOOKOUT FOR.  ON YOUR FIRST THREAD, THIS GUY IS TRYING TO TALK YOU INTO COMMITING SUICIDE.:D

:hehe:... Im only trying to show him the light.