Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vicious

Get rid of the "visits" stat in the user information box!!

12 posts in this topic

It's ridiculous how large of a number of visits I have when I only login once or twice a day. I log in once I get to work and check back in every so often. This board has only been active since December, so there's no way that in 6 months that I have over 3000 visits!!! I think a more useful stat would be date joined or get rid of it altogether.

well since its a new board, then people would have the same start date from people who moved from the old MB. i can understand that the visit thing is crazy high, but its not like people think your a falcoholic, and if you are, then welcome to the club.

GEORGIAfan (6/6/2008)
well since its a new board, then people would have the same start date from people who moved from the old MB. i can understand that the visit thing is crazy high, but its not like people think your a falcoholic, and if you are, then welcome to the club.

Then I would suggest a different stat other than visits such as days active. That would be a better reflection of use than how many topics you have clicked on. I wonder if it doesn't mean how many topics you have viewed?

so are the visits how many times we have visited the AFMB or how many threads we've visited? i've heard both.

bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)
so are the visits how many times we have visited the AFMB or how many threads we've visited? i've heard both.

I'm not sure.  I think it might be threads, because there is no way that I've come to AFMB nearly 3,000 times, especially with a newer account.  I'm addicted, but not THAT addicted. :D

Scott24Falcons (6/6/2008)
bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)

I'm not sure. I think it might be threads, because there is no way that I've come to AFMB nearly 3,000 times, especially with a newer account. I'm addicted, but not THAT addicted. :D

yea that is what i was wondering. but it cant be threads because i've seen people with 3,000 posts and like 2 visits.

bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)
bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)

I'm not sure. I think it might be threads, because there is no way that I've come to AFMB nearly 3,000 times, especially with a newer account. I'm addicted, but not THAT addicted. :D

yea that is what i was wondering. but it cant be threads because i've seen people with 3,000 posts and like 2 visits.

That's because their post count actually made the trip.

bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)

WHICH IS IT?

Vicious"! (6/6/2008)
bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)
bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)

trip from where? from the old boards to the new boards?

bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)
Vicious"! (6/6/2008)
bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)
bossFALCON"! (6/6/2008)

trip from where? from the old boards to the new boards?

Yep. I had far more than 400 posts on the old board, but when we migrated that's what I had. Some people like SacFalcFan's posts made the migration, and others were wiped clean.

WHICH IS IT?

I think it's how many times you click on a different thread or switch forums. There's no way I've logged in 3600 times in half a year. I do open multiple tabs inside firefox and have a couple different forums pulled up so I can swap between them faster, so I'm constantly switching forums while I'm on this message board.