Who are your all-time favorite Falcons?

Farmer

Just wanted to talk about something positive.  So who are your favorite Falcons past and present?  I'll list mine, keep in mind I'm 28, so I'm not familiar with the early Falcons.  I wish I was.  I would love to see Nobis play, and be able to watch the Gritz Blitz just kill oposing QB's.  Anyway, here's my list in no particular order.

1. Tim Dwight - He will always be my favorite Falcon ever.  The guy played with reckless abandonment everytime he touched the ball.  The guy was lightening fast, but I loved it when he put his head down and run into a guy full speed. 

2. Keith Brooking - Mr. Falcon

3. Terrance Mathis - Most sure handed WR I've seen in a Falcon's uni.

4. Jessie Tuggle - The Hammer, enough said.  I'm hoping Loften turns out to be Tuggle v 2.0.

5. Jamal Anderson - Best running back I've ever seen in a Falcon's uni.

6. Deion Sanders - I hated his attitude off the field, but **** that guy could shut down half a football field by himself. 

7. Warrick Dunn - Classiest professional athlete I've ever seen.

8. Alge Crumpler - Only guy who could consistently catch Vick's ball. 

9. Morten Anderson - Never doubted this guy on any kick.

10. Bob Chirstian - Guy was a beast of a FB, both blocking and carrying the ball.

11. Patrick Kerney - I love the high motor guys.

12. Scott Case - Laying the wood.

13. Chris Chandler - Got us to the superbowl

Honorable Mention:  Michael Vick (pre 2007) - Most exciting player I've ever watched, even though he's an idiot. 

So, what do you think of my list, who would you add/take off?  Who are your favorites?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farmer (6/4/2008)
Just wanted to talk about something positive.  So who are your favorite Falcons past and present?  I'll list mine, keep in mind I'm 28, so I'm not familiar with the early Falcons.  I wish I was.  I would love to see Nobis play, and be able to watch the Gritz Blitz just kill oposing QB's.  Anyway, here's my list in no particular order.

1. Tim Dwight - He will always be my favorite Falcon ever.  The guy played with reckless abandonment everytime he touched the ball.  The guy was lightening fast, but I loved it when he put his head down and run into a guy full speed.  5

2. Keith Brooking - Mr. Falcon 14

3. Terrance Mathis - Most sure handed WR I've seen in a Falcon's uni. 3

4. Jessie Tuggle - The Hammer, enough said.  I'm hoping Loften turns out to be Tuggle v 2.0. 6

5. Jamal Anderson - Best running back I've ever seen in a Falcon's uni. 9

6. Deion Sanders - I hated his attitude off the field, but **** that guy could shut down half a football field by himself.  2

7. Warrick Dunn - Classiest professional athlete I've ever seen. 11

8. Alge Crumpler - Only guy who could consistently catch Vick's ball.  10

9. Morten Anderson - Never doubted this guy on any kick. 13

10. Bob Chirstian - Guy was a beast of a FB, both blocking and carrying the ball. 12

11. Patrick Kerney - I love the high motor guys. 7

12. Scott Case - Laying the wood. 4

13. Chris Chandler - Got us to the superbowl  8

Honorable Mention:  Michael Vick (pre 2007) - Most exciting player I've ever watched, even though he's an idiot.  1

So, what do you think of my list, who would you add/take off?  Who are your favorites?

My picks according to your list...;)

my top 5

1. Jamal Anderson - no reason to hate him he carrried our team

2.Jerious Norwood - he is just the only exiting player to watch now

3.Jesse Tuggle - THE best LB weve had

4.DeAngelo Hall - dont care what you say the kid can ball, just hate his attitude

5. Mike Vick - look dont care what u say, but still, how cant you like him ON THE FIELD??? off the field, lol i can understand y ud hate him

1.) Terrence Mathis.

2.) Jessie Tuggle.

3.) Jamal Anderson.

4.) Morten Andersen.

5.) Chuck Smith.

6.) Deion Sanders.

7.) Alge Crumpler.

8.) Bob Christian.

9.) Scott Case.

10.) Chris Chandelier (Misspelled on purpose).

11.) Patrick Kerney.

12.) Keith Brooking (During the bloody nose days).

13.) Andre Rison.

14.) Steve Bartkowski.

16.) William Andrews.

That's just the start. There's many more.

1. Deion

2. Vick

3. Hebert

4. Jamal 1

5. Steve

6. Grady

7. Tuggle

8. Boley

9. Chandler

10. Travis Hall

11. Schaub

12. Kerney

13. DMO

14. Crumpler

15. ABE

16. Riggs

17. Bob Christian

18. C. Bennett

19. Kevin McCadam

20. R.Coleman

21. Youngblood- he was officially on the roster in 2006

iDash (6/4/2008)
1. Deion

2. Vick

3. Hebert

4. Jamal 1

5. Steve

6. Grady

7. Tuggle

8. Boley

9. Chandler

10. Travis Hall

11. Schaub

12. Kerney

13. DMO

14. Crumpler

15. ABE

16. Riggs

17. Bob Christian

18. C. Bennett

19. Kevin McCadam

20. R.Coleman

21. Youngblood- he was officially on the roster in 2006

What ever happened to him? Did he have a bad attitude or something? He was always open and caught everything thrown his way. I was always hoping he would nab a spot.

1. Elbert Shelley - best special teams player in Falcons history...ALWAYS in on the tackle

2. Fulton Kuykendall - His nickname, Kaptain Krazy, tells you all you need to know

3. Deion Sanders - the MAN!!

4. Jesse Tuggle - played against him in college - was a BEAST

5. Jeff Van Note - the TRUE Mr Falcon....

6. Algernon Darius Crumpler - only jersey I have owned

7. The Jeff's - Morrow and Yeates....badass DTs in the 70's and 80's

9. The Bruise Brothers - Tom Pridemore and Bob Glazebrook - safeties from the late 70's and early 80's

11. Kenny Johnson - only corner I have ever seen that wore a full cage facemask

13. JAM! - the original dirty bird, Jamaal Anderson

14. Warrick Dunn - what is not to like about Dunn?

15. Brian Jordan - the other two star Falcon.

Shelley#37 (6/4/2008)
1. Elbert Shelley - best special teams player in Falcons history...ALWAYS in on the tackle

2. Fulton Kuykendall - His nickname, Kaptain Krazy, tells you all you need to know

9. The Bruise Brothers - Tom Pridemore and Bob Glazebrook - safeties from the late 70's and early 80's

Man, I'd like for you to elaborate on a couple of these.  I've never even heard of some of them.

Farmer (6/4/2008)
Shelley#37 (6/4/2008)

Played special teams well enough that he went to the pro bowl four times...was a Falcon from 87-96...just one of those 'cult players' you get to know and love

7. The Jeff's - Morrow and Yeates....badass DTs in the 70's and 80's played for Jerry Glanvilles record setting defenses. Two guys with that crazed look in their eyes that gave you everything on every down. Merrow played from about 75 - 83 and Yeates played from 76 - 84.

9. The Bruise Brothers - Tom Pridemore and Bob Glazebrook - safeties from the late 70's and early 80's They were part of the same defense as the Jeffs...two guys that would fly around the field with no care about their bodies. problem with them was they often got nailed on misdirection, but two HARD HITTERS before Case was here

11. Kenny Johnson - only corner I have ever seen that wore a full cage facemaskPLayed with the Birds for about 5 years before finishing his career with Houston...nothing really stands out about him other than he wore a linemans facemask playing corner...I don't know why

Man, I'd like for you to elaborate on a couple of these. I've never even heard of some of them.

Farmer (6/4/2008)
Shelley#37 (6/4/2008)

Man, I'd like for you to elaborate on a couple of these.  I've never even heard of some of them.

I don't recall Shelley that much but Jeff MERROW and Jeff Yeates were beasts in the day.  Pridemore was almost as physical as Scott Case was if you remember him.  Glazebrook could bust heads with the best of them too.  Kenny Johnson wasn't really that good but was better than some of the other CBs back in his day: ie: Bobby 'The Toast' Butler! 

Mr. Bartkowski - he wil always represent the Atlanta Falcons to me.

William Andrews - best RB to ever play for the Falcons. If not for the injury would always be spoken in football lore with names like Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith.

Jamal Anderson - Mr. Dirty Bird himself

Chris Chandler - Super Bowl QB baby

Deion Sanders - no explanation required, the prototype for today's CB's.

Jeff Van Note - A man's man, one of the toughest guys to ever play for the Falcons

Tim Dwight - just loved to watch him fly down the field

Keith Brooking - takes a lot of flack these days but was one of the best tacklers to ever put on the red and black

Jessie Tuggle - you all know why

Bob Chirstian - who couldn't love Bob?

Scott Case - great hitter out of the John Lynch mold

And an honorable mention for Andre Rison, Chris Miller, Morten Anderson, and Gerald Riggs

Oh, and #7 can go **** himself