When did you join the AFMB?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined around the same time as GEORGIAfan. A few years ago now.

What made me join? I liked the teams colours, and grew to like them from madden.

Though I've looked past that now, they are my team.

IT was way way way better back then, now its full of countless amounts of trolls and haters. Atleast before we had the odd one, now its out of control.

Hmm I think it was 2002.  Maybe later I honestly don't remember.  I didn't post much when I first joined, I just read a lot of topics. I remember reading some things and I said I had to respond to what was going on in those threads.

I love talking Falcons stuff with my fellow fans.  Matter of fact I was running errands today after I was on the board for a while and I had an epiphone(spl)

I admit that I have been maybe a little bit snappy or "short" as some people say towards some other fans because we disagreed.  Its a common thing for people to disagree to say something negative about the other person's intelligence. 

I realized that, arguing with fellow fans is dumb.  It doesn't really matter who was right or who was wrong, at the end of the day it doesn't make me a better or worse person. 

We are all (except for the Trolls) Falcons Fans.  Our team has never been great for a period of time. We can't even put two back to back seasons together, but every Monday you defend them at work and take the ridicule of being a Falcon Fan. 

You all are my Falcons brothers and sisters, We all jump and cheer when we score touchdowns, and we all have that sunken feeling in our hearts when we lose, But you still love them and support them.

Its "hard" to be a Falcons fan, its not natural to support losing but we DO and do it proudly. 

So for the majority of us we are all Falcons fans win or lose, and I apologize if I have ever offended any of my Falcons fans.  But for you Trolls and Fans of other teams, ya'll can always plant your lips on my shiny black booty. Joking.  I wouldn't want pimples to form there anyways:P Joking

Probly around 1997.  I've gone through several mb changes that make me a rookie all over again every 4 years, or so.  Oh, well.

I've been banned 2, or 3 times for bustin' back on ignorance and Philly fans.

It's fun, but the racism ish does not, nor will ever have a comfortable place here.

Bird

Givemthebird (6/3/2008)
Probly around 1997.  I've gone through several mb changes that make me a rookie all over again every 4 years, or so.  Oh, well.

I've been banned 2, or 3 times for bustin' back on ignorance and Philly fans.

It's fun, but the racism ish does not, nor will ever have a comfortable place here.

Bird

Anonymity can create unreal or overstated ignorance.

I've been posting on Falcon boards for 8 years or so. Even during the AccessAtlanta days. Being in the military, I didn't have any folks around to talk Falcons football. So I searched the internet for any forum, I could find. I have 2 usernames and the other one, was the one I used more frequently prior to 2005. I became Al Sharpton, only after meeting him on a plane ride back to Jersey. Army brat, and became a Falcon Fan...only after my parents were stationed at Ft Mac. Born in Newark NJ...:cool:

The Falcon Ace (6/3/2008)
I "officially" joined the boards sometime late in 06, but I had been reading for quite a while. Long enough to remember Vick75, Gazoo, & Co to go back and forth over the would be Probowler TJ Duckett.

Hindsight is not wisdom and 2nd guessing isnt a policey.

Scott24Falcons (6/3/2008)
I think I joined in 2004.  I thought Bryan Scott was going to be the next great S in the NFL, but I couldn't have been more wrong.  I stopped posting from late 2005 and just started posting again back before this past season started.

Bryan Scott was the man untill he was afraid to hit.  Wasn't it a concusion that started it all.

bossFALCON"! (6/3/2008)
for those of you who dont know, i joined pretty recently. late 2007, the day petrino resigned. i saw on the TV that he resigned so i got on the computer and went to atlantafalcons.com to see if it was true and somehow i ended up stumbling across the MB.

I'm glad you joined, you're one of the fans that thinks before you type.

ltstorm1 (6/3/2008)
I think I joined in 2004.  I thought Bryan Scott was going to be the next great S in the NFL, but I couldn't have been more wrong.  I stopped posting from late 2005 and just started posting again back before this past season started.

Bryan Scott was the man untill he was afraid to hit.  Wasn't it a concusion that started it all.

Yeah.  He just wasn't the same after that first concussion.

ltstorm1 (6/3/2008)

Yeah.  He just wasn't the same after that first concussion.

I can't remember if it was a preseason game or a regular season game, but I remember Scott had gone to the Saints, and I remember saying " RUN THE BALL HIS WAY HE WON'T TACKLE YOU"

Fellow Falcons Fans,

As an always fan, I read the tatf board for the last 3 or 4 seasons, some posters are amazing for their football knowlege but some are amazing for their lack of same. So I signed up, made a few replies, and now I'm hooked. Now my "Falcon Fever" is **** near 12 months a year!

GO FALCONS!!!

The Falcon Ace (6/3/2008)
I "officially" joined the boards sometime late in 06, but I had been reading for quite a while. Long enough to remember Vick75, Gazoo, & Co to go back and forth over the would be Probowler TJ Duckett.

Man if Duckett wouldn't have **** tipped toe to the line every time he'd have been something.  I don't understand why a big(donkey) man like that would be so scared to hit the hole running. LOL oh yeah and I forget he was his own worst enemy sometimes.  I never seen a RB fall down on his own as much as he did.  There were plenty of times he could have taken it to the house and he trip up on his damnself.  I mean work Dunn (bless his little heart) would hit the hole like he didn't give a ****.

Thats why i'm LOVING Turner.  I think he has the Duckett power, but will hit that hole.  Might as well give him a secret headset and have the Ludacris' song "MOVE" playing.  Cause thats what he's going to be doing.

Err. wait they used to play the instrumental part of that in the Dome when Duckett ran someone over.  Bad idea nevermind.

it was the day i got this thing called "the internet". i'm not really not sure of the exact date, but it was the year we went to the superbowl. that was my first draft on the MB and i wasnt really sure what to think of keith brooking and why we passed on moss.

you know what, my memory is fuzzy, so it was the draft that we got KB.........i'll leave it there. did we take KB over moss? do i remember that right? lol

most teams passed on the thug.................:P