does pacman =vick

mark hunter

does pacmans limited reinstatement mean vick will be reinstated as soon as he gets out....its going to be very interesting to see how roger handles that one. also he has state charges pending, even though you cant be convicted of the same crime twice.....i want to see vick play again...somewhere...but does pacmans reinstatement really have anything to do with vicks....any thoughts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PAC-MAN IS PAC-MAN. VICK IS VICK. EACH HAS TO ANSWER FOR  THEIR OWN MISDEEDS. REINSTATEMENT COMES IN THE SAME FORM. EACH JUDGED SINGULARLY BY THE COMMISH. WHAT HAPPENS TO ONE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY TRANSEND TO THE OTHER. ALL I CAN SAY IS  ...... TIME WILL TELL. BUT WHILE TIME IS GOING BY, I WILL NOT DWELL ON IT.;)

Farmer (6/3/2008)
I think Vick will be handled differently for two reasons.  One it will depend on what's going on with the state charges and two, there will no doubt be protesters and negative PR involved around Vick's decision. 

You're dead on. The major thing against Vick is the negative PR surrounding killing dogs. 

Goddell's obligation is to the league as a whole and to do what's best for everyone. If he thinks letting Vick in is going to do damage to the league then he won't let him in, regardless of how he feels personally about the situation. 

living404 (6/3/2008)
Farmer (6/3/2008)
I think Vick will be handled differently for two reasons.  One it will depend on what's going on with the state charges and two, there will no doubt be protesters and negative PR involved around Vick's decision. 

You're dead on. The major thing against Vick is the negative PR surrounding killing dogs. 

Goddell's obligation is to the league as a whole and to do what's best for everyone. If he thinks letting Vick in is going to do damage to the league then he won't let him in, regardless of how he feels personally about the situation. 

why would it do damage? when he does complete his time, that should be the end of it. you dont see people hounding leonard little about being drink and getting behind the wheel and killing a woman.

living404 (6/3/2008)

SO THAT MEANS THAT GODDELL COULD THINK THAT LETTING MIKE BACK IN WOULD BE NONE DAMAGING TO THE LEAGUE AND HE'LL LET HIM BACK IN ...... THAT DON'T SIT TO WELL WITH YOU ...... DOES IT?;)

REV.2000 (6/3/2008)
living404 (6/3/2008)

SO THAT MEANS THAT GODDELL COULD THINK THAT LETTING MIKE BACK IN WOULD BE NONE DAMAGING TO THE LEAGUE AND HE'LL LET HIM BACK IN ...... THAT DON'T SIT TO WELL WITH YOU ...... DOES IT?;)

Personally, I hope he plays again. He's the most entertaining athelete out there IMO. But I have my doubts because of the reason I stated. A lot of people love dogs- and these same people spend money related to the NFL.

living404 (6/3/2008)
REV.2000 (6/3/2008)
living404 (6/3/2008)

Personally, I hope he plays again. He's the most entertaining athelete out there IMO. But I have my doubts because of the reason I stated. A lot of people love dogs- and these same people spend money related to the NFL.

I LOVE DOGS TOO. I LOVE PEOPLE EVEN MORE. I HEAR WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM. I RESPECT YOUR OPINION TOO. BE GOOD TO YOURSELF.:)

mark hunter (6/3/2008)
does pacmans limited reinstatement mean vick will be reinstated as soon as he gets out....its going to be very interesting to see how roger handles that one. also he has state charges pending, even though you cant be convicted of the same crime twice.....i want to see vick play again...somewhere...but does pacmans reinstatement really have anything to do with vicks....any thoughts

I don't believe that Pacman's reinstatement has anything to do with Michael Vick's situation.  It's interesting to me as Pacman has baggage (arrested on charges of assault and felony vandalism, arrested on disorderly conduct and public intoxication, felony and misdemeanor obstruction of justice and other issues) I didn't think that he would get this far.  Jerry Jones could be an influencing factor.  But the two, Pacman and Vick, are unrelated.  Goodell's decision on Vick will be very interesting.  To me it's still about the dollars.

crankthatbatman (6/3/2008)
Sun Tzu 7 (6/3/2008)
Was Pacman convicted of a federal felony?

how many times has vick been the center of attention when it came to trouble? unlike pacman.

That was a yes or no question.

How about this... Has Pacman ever been charged with a federal felony?

Sun Tzu 7 (6/3/2008)
Sun Tzu 7 (6/3/2008)

how many times has vick been the center of attention when it came to trouble? unlike pacman.

ok and??vick has been charged and serving time. why continue to hang this over his head when he gets out. he will have paid his debt to society, so that should be the end of that.

Sun Tzu 7 (6/3/2008)
Sun Tzu 7 (6/3/2008)

ok and??vick has been charged and serving time. why continue to hang this over his head when he gets out. he will have paid his debt to society, so that should be the end of that.

last time i checked it was a felony to kill  someone while driving drunk but hey..if its all on only about the dogs I understand because god forbid you kill those,  but hey the woman that got hit was just bad luck on her part..do I got it right?;)

Sun Tzu 7 (6/3/2008)
Sun Tzu 7 (6/3/2008)

Packman was involved with a shooting, leaving a man crippled....but I'm not going to get into comparing two guys throwing their lives and money away...:pinch:

mark hunter (6/3/2008)

the state charges are not the same as the fed charges. double jeopardy does not apply.

joremari (6/3/2008)
mark hunter (6/3/2008)

the state charges are not the same as the fed charges. double jeopardy does not apply.

I as always wondering about that, so they are charging on different crimes in the same case?  Why is that not considered double jeopardy?

living404 (6/3/2008)
REV.2000 (6/3/2008)
living404 (6/3/2008)

Me too...just not in the NFC South....:pinch:

theyhateme (6/3/2008)
living404 (6/3/2008)
REV.2000 (6/3/2008)
living404 (6/3/2008)

Goddell's obligation is to the league as a whole and to do what's best for everyone. If he thinks letting Vick in is going to do damage to the league then hewon't let him in, regardless of how he feels personally about the situation.

Me too...just not in the NFC South....:pinch:

hah I was thinking a while ago how crazy that would be. Carolina or Bucs taking dude smh...I hope if he does get reinstated we can at least get some trade value from him

Eddie Jewell (6/3/2008)
We will deal with the Vick situation and his reinstatement when it comes up.  Right now he is cooling off.  Thinking of a master plan.  ;)
Haha my favorite song " Thinking of a master plan, there aint nothing but sweat inside my hand" haha that was a classic:)