Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swanlee

Why can new users post with no username?

7 posts in this topic

Seeing a lot of new trolls lately that seem to register with NO username. How does that happen and can you guys fix it so the user name has to be present?

This is just another "Feature" of this message board that makes it a play ground for trolls.

It would seem pretty easy to have a username as a standard required feature when signing up on these new message boards.

I've never seen a message board that allowed blank user names to post.

This board is terribly designed to deal with trolls.

Yeah, I looked up the software company responsible for this MB software.  They have no documentation available or anything that would suggest that there's an Ignore button feature available or why users can sign up with 'empty' titles/usernames.

Software like Vbulletin forum software has all of the features that will reduce Trolling...

THESE TROLLS HAVE MINDS LIKE CRIMINALS. THEY SPEND A LOT OF TIME STUDYING HOW TO GET AROUND THIS SOFTWARE. THERE HAS TO BE SOME WAY TO MESS'EM UP.

REV.2000 (6/6/2008)
THESE TROLLS HAVE MINDS LIKE CRIMINALS. THEY SPEND A LOT OF TIME STUDYING HOW TO GET AROUND THIS SOFTWARE. THERE HAS TO BE SOME WAY TO MESS'EM UP.

I agree with you 100% REV. 

I think the final solution is for the mods to change the trolls group to 'BANNED':w00t: