OFFICIAL ANTI-TROLL POST

Please don't feed the trolls!.

I have no problem with a "fan" who has a legitimate disagreement with a player, coach, etc...

but not those that constantly whine and complain. If we do NOT respond in any way the post gets buried in the back pages, if we ignore long enough they will leave all together and this will return to a fan message board.

Do I agree with all the front office moves, absolutely not. Do I support this team, h__l yes. Do I believe in everybodies rite to bi__h! yes I do but don't just bi__h to get a reaction from the rest of us.

Thanks

A Fan

emt861 (6/1/2008)

I have no problem with a "fan" who has a legitimate disagreement with a player, coach, etc...

but not those that constantly whine and complain. If we do NOT respond in any way the post gets buried in the back pages, if we ignore long enough they will leave all together and this will return to a fan message board.

Do I agree with all the front office moves, absolutely not. Do I support this team, h__l yes. Do I believe in everybodies rite to bi__h! yes I do but don't just bi__h to get a reaction from the rest of us.

Thanks

A Fan

DONT FEED THE TROLL

Why can new accounts be created without any users names? Do the mods want trolling? This message board seems to be setup with trolling in mind.

1. No ignore feature

2. Mods don't ban obvious trolls

3. New accounts can post immediately

4. New accounts can be created without screen names

Seriously all these factors make this message board a complete mess

Just ignore opinions you do'nt agree with and stop crying like little babys.  The falcons are in a business that wants good customer relations with everyone, not just a few message board geeks. geeze stop making these stupid threads and start righting your congressman or whatever.

buckeyes (6/1/2008)
Just ignore opinions you do'nt agree with and stop crying like little babys. The falcons are in a business that wants good customer relations with everyone, not just a few message board geeks. geeze stop making these stupid threads and start righting your congressman or whatever.
TRU DAT TRU DAT
(6/1/2008)
LOL
sorry, i meant to respond to buckeyes post.

i agree. i have been a member of the message boards since reeves was HC. this same topic was posted back then. i simply reply to whatever i want to. sometimes i chat with people that appear to be TROLLING! everybody matters. if you cant get along with someone dont interact with them. hardly anybody interacts with me, but i still post here because i love the falcons. my wife and i plan on attending two games.

peter griffin (6/1/2008)
(6/1/2008)
LOL

i agree. i have been a member of the message boards since reeves was HC. this same topic was posted back then. i simply reply to whatever i want to. sometimes i chat with people that appear to be TROLLING! everybody matters. if you cant get along with someone dont interact with them. hardly anybody interacts with me, but i still post here because i love the falcons. my wife and i plan on attending two games.

i might be able to make it to two games this year myself. albiet they will be away games. for sure i am going to the Falcons-Vikings game on December 21st (I will be back from college and the date has been circled on my calendar since i found out about it :) ) and if i can get tickets i will go with a couple of my friends going to Madison to the Falcons-Packers game in the middle of October (maybe the 14th? 15th? this one i dont remember).

hopefully they go better than the game i went to last year, which was the week one game against the vikings. that was pretty rough.

peter griffin (6/1/2008)
(6/1/2008)
LOL

I'm curious why you apologized for replying "lol"?  It wasn't you, "peter griffin", that did that.  It was a poster with no name and picture.  Forget who you were logged in as for a second?

;)

Kevy Kev

I'm curious why you apologized for replying "lol"?  It wasn't you, "peter griffin", that did that.  It was a poster with no name and picture.  Forget who you were logged in as for a second?

;)

oh man......I think you nailed that paricular troll. He forgot which name he was posting under! LMAO!

I couldn't disagree more with the trol either....trolls are worthless and pathetic as far as this message board is concerned. I come to this board to meet sincere passionate Falcon fans, I do not come here to engage in discussions with socially challenged misfits that visit here just to get attention.

swanlee (6/1/2008)
Why can new accounts be created without any users names? Do the mods want trolling? This message board seems to be setup with trolling in mind.

1. No ignore feature

Sir, This here is America!!!!!!!!!!!!

bucman

oh, that's right, I do have the right to say I hate trolls, they should be basnned from this site and they should be burned at the stake.....thanks for reminding me that the government won;t arrest me for speaking my opinion.

Of course, since this message board is owned by the Falcons, the Falcons have the legal right to ban trolls without government intervention as well.

swanlee (6/1/2008)

1. No ignore feature

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE SO MANY OF THEM. AND IT'S GOING TO GET EVEN WORST!

uup115 (6/1/2008)
you have so many because this ownership group has betrayed and taken advantage of a large portion of its fan base.

No it's mainly because of the factors I already pointed out.

This message board is poorly setup to deal with trolls.

No ignore feature is pretty annoying and allows every troll to be seen by every poster. With an ignore feature the obvious trolls would be ignored by the majority here and go away.

Invisible user names make it difficult to track trolls

Apathy from the mods, the mods here simply don't care about trolling even though as a user they won't even give us an ignore feature to block out the crap from the obvious trolls. There laxed and lazy attitude toward trolls is the biggest reason they run rampant here.

You can seeming create a new account using any type of email address and being posting within minutes. Most message boards have a time period wait before you can post or some other type of restrictions on new accounts.

I have never ever seen a message board so devoid of the ability to deal with trolls. Even mom and pop message boards are better able to deal with trolls. This is an official message board for an NFL team. You'd think they would run it like one

bucman (6/1/2008)
swanlee (6/1/2008)

1. No ignore feature

lmao @ bucman...are you serious? i question you because you & i both know that the bucs boards wouldnt put up with half of the crap that gets on in here....as  matter of fact , they are pretty ban happy in there.....they keep it clean on their boards for the most part
emt861 (6/1/2008)

Thanks

A Fan

One man's troll is another man's constructive critic.

This is an official message board for an NFL team. You'd think they would run it like one

contrary to popular belief this "NFL" team is run like an armature operation...the residue you see on the message boards by the moderators is just a trickle down effect.