Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jedi-Falcon

QB Almost quit after rookie season...looked up to "My man Michael Vick"

32 posts in this topic

maverick68 (5/27/2008)
Vince Young is known to be a "pouter". He doesn't have the mental toughness to be a successful NFL QB. The guy is WAY over-hyped.....

Vince will be fine - He's tasted the play-offs in his second season and I'm sure he will taste them again

Well, its good that he has the sense to know what NOT to do to screw up your NFL career now and persevere on.

Can you imagine the hate towards him if he would have just up and quit after signing his contract?

Statick (5/27/2008)
Well, its good that he has the sense to know what NOT to do to screw up your NFL career now and persevere on.

Can you imagine the hate towards him if he would have just up and quit after signing his contract?

You don't have to imagine, you can just read a few of the nearly 1000 comments about this article on ESPN and see the hate for VY right now.....and it doesn't have a **** thing to do with a contract.

gritblitzer (5/27/2008)
btrain5489 (5/27/2008)
gazoo (5/27/2008)
The Falcons determined Matt Ryan's mental makeup would allow him to handle he pressures that come along with being a 1st round QB with high expectations.

Matty Ice will not contemplate "quiting", not even with 50% of the fanbase holding him to unrealistic expectations and thenstating heis a bustfor making the same mistakes all rookie QBsmake.

Matt Ryan will not contemplate quitting because he will be shown the door instead. Young QBs don't get much time these days and the Falcons aren't going to be in any shape to support ANY QB anytime soon.

Link?

Oh, that's right. You don't have one. This is just your opinion.

Just like gazoo's response was an opinion.  How can anyone KNOW what a player is going to do?  Are you Matt Ryan?  Are you his mother?  How exactly can anyone know what is going on in these players heads? 

For those of you who can't see the obvious, Young was simply stating that he learned from the experiences of various friends, team mates and people who he admires about the importance of being selective regarding the people you surround yourself with. Hence, the statement, "I have a stronger circle," that preceded the examples he provided of people who had not been so discriminating about who they ran with. He was neither condemning nor excusing the behavior of Vick, Jones, et al.

He's still overrated, though.

I feel bad for Titans fans after reading this. 

I'm glad everything I've heard about Matt Ryan suggests we will never have to deal with any garbage like this.  Most football fans would crap themselves if they had even a slight chance to be an NFL quarterback, and VY has the nerve to go and whine about it like he has a tough life or something.  Sorry, Titans fans.  Glad it's not our problem though.