Who gets the better paycheck? Tom Brady or the rook who hasn't taken the field?

red2play (5/21/2008)
Take a look,

5/7/2005: Signed a six-year, $60 million contract extension through 2010. The deal included $26.5 million in bonuses that were paid in the first two years. 2008: $5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2009: $5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2010: $3.5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011: Free Agent. Cap charges: $14.626 million (2008).

Or does the rookie who has the 72 mil 34 mil bonus? One that has TONS of questions about him too. Goes back to what I originally said, had we traded to the 10th spot for a 1st and 2nd and next yrs 1st. Then we could have EASILY traded back up to the 7th spot for a 1st and 3rd and either taken him or Ellis.

This is what happens when you have King Arthur controlling the draft.

Exactly. King Arthurism involves paying huge amounts of money to a quarterback while leaving the rest of team depleted of money. Why don't we ever pay money to our key defensive players? Patrick Kerney anybody? DeAngelo Hall?

King Arthur still has not learned from the Vick fiasco that we need good players around the QB to succeed. Vick would have succeeded if he had a line to block for him, yet, we again draft a QB without fixing the supporting cast.

red2play (5/21/2008)
Take a look,

5/7/2005: Signed a six-year, $60 million contract extension through 2010. The deal included $26.5 million in bonuses that were paid in the first two years. 2008: $5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2009: $5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2010: $3.5 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011: Free Agent. Cap charges: $14.626 million (2008).

Or does the rookie who has the 72 mil 34 mil bonus? One that has TONS of questions about him too. Goes back to what I originally said, had we traded to the 10th spot for a 1st and 2nd and next yrs 1st. Then we could have EASILY traded back up to the 7th spot for a 1st and 3rd and either taken him or Ellis.

This is what happens when you have King Arthur controlling the draft.

Go away, Troll.

When you post it once, it could possibly seen as discussion> When you spam the boards with it? Troll.

ucsbdirtybird (5/21/2008)
Well, that deal was signed three years ago, and I would be willing to guess if he (Brady) signed a deal today it would be for much more than Rysn's deal. All first round draft picks are overpaid, that is the nature the business. Quit crying and stealing the catch phrases of the worthless trolls you now find yourself associated with.

I love how some of the people say we CAN'T compare it to Jamarcus russel because 'That was last year' yet they DO compare it to Brady and Manning. .who were several years ago. YOu coudl really only compare it to veterans who renegotiate their contract. . .now. .by those standards.

oregonsfan (5/21/2008)
red2play (5/21/2008)
Personal insults or trying to reference me to someone you don't like.  Whatever, people have their own opinion and I have mine.  The rest of you are lemmings.

Says the one who never calls anyone names! http://life.atlantafalcons.com/forums/FindPost3481238.aspx

ummm, I think that says that I DON'T call people out.  Its kinda funny you replying, after all, I was right about Hoey and now I'm calling Ryan out.  I'm REALLY suprised your showing up after being so wrong.

Guest Gritz
red2play (5/21/2008)
oregonsfan (5/21/2008)
red2play (5/21/2008)
Personal insults or trying to reference me to someone you don't like. Whatever, people have their own opinion and I have mine. The rest of you are lemmings.

Says the one who never calls anyone names! http://life.atlantafalcons.com/forums/FindPost3481238.aspx

ummm, I think that says that I DON'T call people out. Its kinda funny you replying, after all, I was right about Hoey and now I'm calling Ryan out. I'm REALLY suprised your showingup after being so wrong.

ummm, you're not going to win in an integrity battle with oregonsfan....

red2play (5/21/2008)
oregonsfan (5/21/2008)
red2play (5/21/2008)
Personal insults or trying to reference me to someone you don't like.  Whatever, people have their own opinion and I have mine.  The rest of you are lemmings.

ummm, I think that says that I DON'T call people out.  Its kinda funny you replying, after all, I was right about Hoey and now I'm calling Ryan out.  I'm REALLY suprised your showing up after being so wrong.

Really?  Were you right about the "hoax"?  Were you right about my lying?  I know you're not right about, "I never called you names.  Everyone knows I don't do that."  Clearly, by looking at this thread alone, "everyone" knows you do call other people names.  And, speaking of what "everyone" knows, isn't it about time for you to do your usual vanishing act from this thread?

BTW, thank you Gritz! :D