What do you think would be different

miKevicK777 (5/19/2008)
What would be the biggest difference if Parcells was running the show here instead of TD and Coach Smith

yeah it would have sucked. All his old players he has brought to miami. switching to a 3-4.

Keith Brooking would have been cut a la Zach Thomas.  Also, Crumpler and Coleman would have still been here.  DHall would have been 50/50.  Parcells recognizes the difference between "troublemakers" and players that are sick and tired of losing.  I would have loved him as GM, not so much as a coach.

i think blank would have been very afraid of parcells. even if we had 2-3 more bad loosing season, blank wouldnt fire him. i think blank isnt afraid to pull the trigger and run TD out of town. parcells demands respect and puts his foot down when making decisions, i cant say the same about TD because i never knew of him before he got here.

First, the EGO of that bloated whale wouldn't fit inside the Georgia Dome. Blank would need a new, outdoor stadium............immediately.

Next, our team chemistry would be NON EXISTANT..........it's all about HIM, not the team.

Last but not least............ no decent, thinking, independant minded coach would WANT to work under Mr. EGO. It would be revolving door time, making the Petrino regime look mild. Watch what happens in Miami.

They can have him............on toast !!!

BILL IS A GUY THAT'S HARD TO FIGURE OUT. HERE, IT WOULD DEPEND ON HOW LONG BILL WAS PLANNING TO STAY ..... AND ONLY BILL WOULD KNOW THAT. BUT IF HE WERE PLANNING TO BE HERE FOR THE LONG HAUL, YOU'D SEE SOME REAL UP-GRADES AT EVERY POSITION, AND I MEAN IN A HURRY. AND THE VET'S THAT WERE LEFT, YOU'D SEE A NOTICEABLE RENEWAL OF THEIR YOUTH, IF THEY PLANNED TO BE HERE.:)

It really is a good question, loaded with conjecture. However, IMO our FO

has made some smart moves in a rebuild process that may or may not take

a couple of years. If Parcells were here, I would hope his decision making

process would also be for the long term of this franchise.Can't ever tell

what Jelly Roll is thinking....

I believe if Parcells were here we'd still have the focus on the running game and maybe would have still went out and gotten Turner, but the would be no way we would've drafter Ryan. Also, we'd have a lot more of a defensive overhaul to do since Parcells likes to run the 3-4 and we don't have the personnel. We probably would've had a draft a lot more similar to the Dolphins this year with a QB like Henne or Brohm being here. We also would've had to cut a lot more veterans including Keith Brooking and maybe even Joe Horn.

If you have to stop and think about who the coach is then you probably have a VP with an extremely inflated ego and a more than overwhelming presence.

He seems to be more front and center than in the background, which may be more media than reality.