ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT

I believe that the best indication that we have made some positive steps this off-season, is the amount of troll activity by fans of other teams. I have seen negative posting by fans of all other NFC south teams, the Cowboys, and the Patriots. It is like a kid whistling in the dark because they know the Falcons are changing.......no more same old Falcons.....no more laughing stock of the league......no more primadonna players gathering personnal gains, but a team oriented group out for wins, wins, wins.

What do yall think? Agree or disagree it's just a thought for a slow day in the off season.

were we a laughing stock before last year? dont really remember that, but i agree that the fans of other nfc south teams might be a little worried about the direction we are going. we won 4 games last year given what was going on & would have won more under different circumstances. we arent even close to being as bad as some are saying(media) i just want to start being a consistent football team & after last year ....we deserve it.i also believe that back to back winning season thing will come to an end sooner than later. i cant remember being this excited about this team for a long,long time

mark hunter (5/19/2008)
were we a laughing stock before last year? dont really remember that, but i agree that the fans of other nfc south teams might be a little worried about the direction we are going. we won 4 games last year given what was going on & would have won more under different circumstances. we arent even close to being as bad as some are saying(media) i just want to start being a consistent football team & after last year ....we deserve it.i also believe that back to back winning season thing will come to an end sooner than later. i cant remember being this excited about this team for a long,long time

I wouldn't call us a laughing stock.

More like a bus full of nuns and infants slamming into a razor blade factory.

emt861 (5/19/2008)
I believe that the best indication that we have made some positive steps this off-season, is the amount of troll activity by fans of other teams. I have seen negative posting by fans of all other NFC south teams, the Cowboys, and the Patriots. It is like a kid whistling in the dark because they know the Falcons are changing.......no more same old Falcons.....no more laughing stock of the league......no more primadonna players gathering personnal gains, but a team oriented group out for wins, wins, wins.

What do yall think? Agree or disagree it's just a thought for a slow day in the off season.

Post of the year!!  We are starting to resemble our old Superbowl winning ways!!!  Glad to see us going BACK to our former Tradition of being a winning and relevant organization again.  GOOOOOOOOOOO FALCONS!!!

f.i.l.a. (5/19/2008)
emt861 (5/19/2008)

Post of the year!!  We are starting to resemble our old Superbowl winning ways!!!  Glad to see us going BACK to our former Tradition of being a winning and relevant organization again.  GOOOOOOOOOOO FALCONS!!!

drip, drip

f.i.l.a. (5/19/2008)
emt861 (5/19/2008)

Oh I forgot to add...please pass whatever it is that is being shared on this thread because I both WANT and NEED some....

emt861 (5/19/2008)
Its all good I just like to keep it positive.

Do I think Super Bowl......I wish, but I'm not that stupid. All I mean is back to respectable professional football.

Do you think we can go back to our historic Runs of the 80's and 90's when we played REAL football and had the respect and envy of everyone in the league?

The Falcons ....pre Mora era....were always respected. Not a powerehouse or perinial playoff team but always hard hitting respectable competition week end and week out. I see a similar mentality. From the days of Nobis, Zook, Humphrees....to the Hammer Jessie Tuggle, Jamie Dukes, Van Note.....we were a hard nosed team. You may beat us but you knew you were in a game. Since Mora, we have become IMO, weak, and soft. No power since William Andrews or Riggs....Now I see a different mindset, I saw it at mini camp, a swagger almost......a swagger from a team that went 4 and 12 in 2007.....yea and it starts at the top, just look at Coach Smith and this staff......look in their eyes when they talk. I have drank the kool-aid I guess.

O yea remember Scott Case.........to slow, lacks closing speed, but he could play.

emt861 (5/19/2008)
The Falcons ....pre Mora era....were always respected. Not a powerehouse or perinial playoff team but always hard hitting respectable competition week end and week out. I see a similar mentality. From the days of Nobis, Zook, Humphrees....to the Hammer Jessie Tuggle, Jamie Dukes, Van Note.....we were a hard nosed team. You may beat us but you knew you were in a game. Since Mora, we have become IMO, weak, and soft. No power since William Andrews or Riggs....Now I see a different mindset, I saw it at mini camp, a swagger almost......a swagger from a team that went 4 and 12 in 2007.....yea and it starts at the top, just look at Coach Smith and this staff......look in their eyes when they talk. I have drank the kool-aid I guess.

O yea remember Scott Case.........to slow, lacks closing speed, but he could play.

But if you aren't winning.......what does all of that matter?  Don't you play to win? Or do you play to get respect but still loose?

emt861 (5/19/2008)

So pre-Mora...the Falcons were like the Miss Congeniality of the NFL?

Yes you always play to win, always but one team has to loose. I am a fan and I want the Falcons to win every game....will they , not likely. But if you do loose a game which all teams do, do it in a dignified, professional maner, then we will stop being the whipping boys of the media, and will be respected by our rivals.

july425 (5/19/2008)
emt861 (5/19/2008)

So pre-Mora...the Falcons were like the Miss Congeniality of the NFL?

No read what I said pre-Mora we were a tougher team, more physical style of play.

emt861 (5/19/2008)

I AGREE WITH YOU 1000%  !!!!!!

mark hunter (5/19/2008)

Son...............we've been the laughing stock of the league since 1966, no if's and's or but's !!!!...............with or without any previous players or coaches. NOTHING COULD BE MORE OF A TRUE STATEMENT THAN THAT !!!!!!

I am sorry if some of you dont understand what I am saying.......I hope we win every game but get real.......I have a question for some of you if we agree that it is improbable that we could win every game........then how would you like us to act when we loose? and every teem looses at some point.......do the Colt get blown out or the Patriots or do the fight to the bitter end. This is what I am talking about...a "TEAM" of "MEN"

Bring It (5/19/2008)
mark hunter (5/19/2008)

Son...............we've been the laughing stock of the league since 1966, no if's and's or but's !!!!...............with or without any previous players or coaches. NOTHING COULD BE MORE OF A TRUE STATEMENT THAN THAT !!!!!!

i have to disagree with you respectfully....do you remember the aints,bucs cardinals ...they were the laughing stock alot more than we have been.....so to say since 1966,i think your exagerrating a bit & please dont call me son because im to old to be called son by anyone but my dad.....lol
emt861 (5/19/2008)
I am sorry if some of you dont understand what I am saying.......I hope we win every game but get real.......I have a question for some of you if we agree that it is improbable that we could win every game........then how would you like us to act when we loose? and every teem looses at some point.......do the Colt get blown out or the Patriots or do the fight to the bitter end. This is what I am talking about...a "TEAM" of "MEN"
i for one understand your point & i agree with what you are saying.cant win em all but win enough for teams to be concerned when they have to play you

IMO if you play that way the WINS will come and keep coming.......there have been many other laughing stock teams......bag headed saints fans....the original Buc fans....and last year, as bad as things got for us last year......prison, injuries, class-less coach wanna-be leaving mid season....discruntled players...a true lack of leadership.....all of that and for Miami it had to have been worse!!! The beloved Dolphins 1 and 15 no prison issuesor any of the News worthy crap....just a very bad football team.......and no matter how much tuna you feed it it still stinks like fish.