we have our draft picks and camp will begin soon

we have to stop all the rhetoric about we should have done this or done that...it is what it is.

we have our squad for the most part and we just have to find a way to cheer for our guys and hope for the best.

We have a new coaching staff and new players so this is our new era.

for better or worse the team is moving on.  We have good players on this team and we have new hope.

I think we did purge players a little too hastily, but this is where we are.

Our offense will be definately different than in years past, so there is reason for hope.

there is also reason for concern.  We have so many unproven players that will play big roles for us this year.  We have a team that resembles a college team with a few seniors and big crew of freshman and sophomores that look to make a run in a couple of years.  There will be many mistakes that will arise from youth and a new scheme. 

The defense will have some growing and proving to do as well. We have young guys that will play hard to make their mark in the NFL.

I really think that the falcons will be exciting to watch simply because the schemes and players are so different than what we have seen in the past.

Last year the passing game really came along and was more dangerous than Gregg Knapp ever dreamed up. We will revert back to the running game as the base for success and that can keep us in more games.

I believe that we can be a .500 team this year or at worst 7-9.

Are you guys with me in the support of our team?

We will beat some people that we are not supposed to beat this year.

Good Luck Falcons!!!

Thomas Dimitroff is such a breath of FRESH AIR in this once dismal organization, words can not adequately describe it !!

All the changes he has made will pay HUGE dividends. The players dumped were sent packing for valid reasons..........some known to us, some not.

We are going to be a lean, mean, football machine !!

We are not going to just surprise people, starting Sept. 7, we are going to kick their a-s-s !!

Bring It (5/18/2008)
Thomas Dimitroff is such a breath of FRESH AIR in this once dismal organization, words can not adequately describe it !!

All the changes he has made will pay HUGE dividends. The players dumped were sent packing for valid reasons..........some known to us, some not.

We are not going to just surprise people, starting Sept. 7, we are going to kick their a-s-s !!

I'm a believer but I do want to see how the interior lines work out. I know, with their experience, that they saw something most of us couldn't see in the players we had in the interior and the ones we picked up.

I'm putting my trust in them (no sarcasm)

I think we can surprise some people with low expectations.:)

Bring It (5/18/2008)

Tom D didn't bring Bill B with him so all that energy is going to waste. Your team will be lucky to win 4 games this year, don't get all crazy because of a GM. I'm not sure if you know this but the GM's don't play on Sunday's, it's the players. Unless your roster has been transformed into some kind of super team then don't get your panties in a bunch.

Jigga Donkey (5/18/2008)
Bring It (5/18/2008)

Tom D didn't bring Bill B with him so all that energy is going to waste. Your team will be lucky to win 4 games this year, don't get all crazy because of a GM. I'm not sure if you know this but the GM's don't play on Sunday's, it's the players. Unless your roster has been transformed into some kind of super team then don't get your panties in a bunch.

Go away troll. Play around on you own teams site.

Jigga Donkey (5/18/2008)
Bring It (5/18/2008)

You stated we will be LUCKY to win 4 games this year.

I think you're accurate there. We probably will win 4 CLOSE games where luck will be a factor, then we'll win another 7 by sheer guts, brains, and determination.

Not bad for an expansion team, huh ??

Jigga Donkey (5/18/2008)
Bring It (5/18/2008)

You still haven't fallen into a ditch and broken all your typing fingers?? :(

You'd probably learn to type with your toes just to spite us

YoYo YoYo (5/18/2008)
Every year I think that it's going to turn around and we're going to be in the playoffs and then I'm disappointed. Then the next offseason I do the same thing. I guess that's what being a Falcons Fan is all about and that's my cross to bear.

AMEN, to that.  I always have an "any given Sunday" attitude towards every game no matter who it is.

I agree, it is what it is, and if you are a falcon's fan it's time to root for the team and hope they are moving in the right direction.  It's up to the coaching staff and the players themselves to validate that the team has a positive future.

This year we won't contend for a playoff berth, but nobody expects us to.  So, we can use this time to structure the team for the long term.  We need another solid draft next year and a FA pick-up or two and we might be on the way.  The main thing we need is 'progress'.  The FO needs to aquire the needed talent, the CS needs to put together the right schemes, and the players need to have the right attitude and give maximum effort.

We are digging out of a hole that seemed unimaginable only a few months ago, and only time will tell if the fog is clearing.  This is year 1 -- by the start of year 3 we need to  have a decent chance of making the playoffs. 

Offense -- If Ryan turns out to be 'the real deal', our offense should be first-rate to start year 3.  Our running game appears solid (and balanced)and our talented young receivers will be talented, experienced players.  Next year's draft appears to be loaded with quality OT's and we need another one, who along with Baker and Blalock (and others) could form a solid o-line.

Defense -- there are many questions on defense, and we simply have to see what happens this year to determine what adjustments need to be made and what holes still need filling. With so many young players, which ones will step up and which ones can't cut it.  There is great hope for Anderson, Lofton, TLewis, Houston, Jackson, Nicholas, DeCloud, Irons, Grimes and others.  DT needs to be strengthened and the young talent in the secondary needs to come through.

YoYo YoYo (5/18/2008)
Every year I think that it's going to turn around and we're going to be in the playoffs and then I'm disappointed. Then the next offseason I do the same thing. I guess that's what being a Falcons Fan is all about and that's my cross to bear.

You have the right attitude, what is the point in hating the team you are supposed to root for?

Honestly if you can't look forward to the season this early into the off season then it would be best to find a new hobby.

The trolls are lame, in the NFL a team can pretty much turn their luck around in a single off season, We have made enough upgrades and changes so far this off season to at least have a little bit of hope.

we have a good team....look at last year..we won 4 games (should have been 5) with players that didnt want to be there(because of how they were treated)now we have a coaching staff... that it seems right now...the players respect & will want to give 110 percent for...we also have a new rb who seems like he will make a big difference(if hes as good as advertised)...our cs saw something in our d that they liked enough not to draft or bring in any undrafted dl...they have a plan & right now, hope & faith is all we have. i truly believe that our fo & cs is an upgrade from what we have gotten used to in the past few years & its gonna show. so to all those people saying we are the worst team in the nfl, grab a beverage because crow doesnt go down easily....sry for the soap box

First of all good post!!!

Second I will no longer respond to post from trolls so they will go away quicker

Third I too have hope for this season and I believe that we will, at the very least see "professional" football in Atlanta again. A hard nosed hard hitting team is all I hope for for this year. The talk of all the player turnover is, IMO, overated. If they were (the one that are gone) that good we would have been better the past few years.

Keep these positive post going and let the trolls fade to the back pages.

I just can't wait to see how turner runs as the primary back for the 1st time in his career.

I can't wait to see how lofton plays in the middle.

I can't wait to see how the new secondary plays the ball.

I can't wait to see how our new defensive scheme will look.

I can't wait to see how the whole attitude of the team will be.

I really can't wait to see us just surprise people this year.

I think having so many young players can prove to be an advantage. They will all be playing with something to prove to themselves and the rest of the NFL. What we may lack in experience as a team, we should make up for in youthful exuberance, athleticism and sheer determination.

Jigga Donkey (5/18/2008)
Bring It (5/18/2008)

Don't worry, we have a great coaching staff now too.  We won't be a super team, but we'll be much improved and I think we have a good chance of winning this sorry division.

By the way, you're always trolling our boards and telling us how much we suck.  Yet you don't tell us what team you actually root for.  kind of gutless don't you think? :cool:

snicker (5/19/2008)
Jigga Donkey (5/18/2008)
Bring It (5/18/2008)

Don't worry, we have a great coaching staff now too.  We won't be a super team, but we'll be much improved and I think we have a good chance of winning this sorry division.

By the way, you're always trolling our boards and telling us how much we suck.  Yet you don't tell us what team you actually root for.  kind of gutless don't you think? :cool:

like I said if we dont respond the trolls fade to the back pages very quickly

This is a great tread!! Real positive! :).. Nothing we're used to see a lot of here, so it is a breath of fresh air on these boards.. Let's keep it going! :)

I'm also really looking forward to the season! I think we are going to surprise a lot of people.. We are not going to be a top team, but we will definately be much improved!

"It's an all new season" ;), and anything can happen come september, so let's root for the Falcons and support them in the best way we can, cause the future is looking bright!! :D