how many interceptions will matilda ryan throw this year

gritblitzer (5/16/2008)
All of the trolls are just waiting for their one pathetic moment in the sun:

RYAN'S FIRST INTERCEPTION!

The rest of us enjoy our jobs, being with women, having an occasional beer or six.......

Well, I hope he throws it on his first pass then. Go ahead and get the spamming out of the way;)

And oh do I enjoy your list. I'm so stopping by the store and picking up some Heineken when I get off in an hour!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gritblitzer (5/16/2008)
All of the trolls are just waiting for their one pathetic moment in the sun:

RYAN'S FIRST INTERCEPTION!

The rest of us enjoy our jobs, being with women, having an occasional beer or six.......

What's sad is many of these people could probably tell you where they were when Vick threw his first pick...there's something wrong with hero worship.

You win.

There is no question Ryan will throw as many or more interceptions than Vick will throw (0) in 2008.  I'll be bolder and say Ryan will without a doubt throw the same or more interceptions than Vick will throw (0) in 2009. 

You see Vick will not throw anything, TD/Int or even birds in the NFL in 2008 or 2009.

I'll wait to see IF Ryan starts this year or how much playing time he's allowed before speculating on the interceptions.

And I'm sorry your feelings are hurt that the Falcons were not willing to put their team on hold for at least 3 years until Vick gets out of jail and (possibly) back to football.

For those asking, Vicks 1st year 2001 he saw limited action with only 2 starts. He played in 8 games and had 2 TD and 3 Ints.  He also rushed 289 yds and 1 TD.  He also had 6 fumbles with 5 lost.  So he committed 8 turnovers total in 8 games played. 1:1 ratio.  Pretty loose ball handling.

In Vick's "first full year" - 2002 which he was no longer a rookie is what someone cites for his stats he had 16td, 8 ints, and 9 fumbles, 6 lost.  So Vick committed 14 turnovers his first "full" season in 15 games, a ratio of 1:1.07; 1 turnover per 1.07 games

I'd be happy with 14 ints and 2 fumbles in 16 games from Ryan.  In fact, I'd be happy with 20 ints as long as he looks like he is improving by the end of the season. 

I was happy with Vick as he kept improving in 2002, but then he regressed in 2004 (2003 injury season hard to draw conclusion about).  I now hate him based on what he did to this franchise by lying to us and costing us even considering drafting a QB in 2007 when he lied and said dogfighting never happened right before the draft.  He can rot.

Vick Stats courtesy of CBS:

Passing
YearTeamGGSAttCompPctYdsYPALgTDIntTkld20+40+Rate
2001Atlanta Falcons821135044.27856.95522321/11311462.7

Rushing
YearTeamGGSAttYdsAvgLgTD20+1st
2001Atlanta Falcons82312899.3351615

Fumbles
YearTeamGFumLostFum ForcedOwn RecOpp RecYdsTot RecTD
2001Atlanta Falcons865000000
crankthatbatman (5/16/2008)
IHateThe Cowboys! (5/16/2008)
He will have less turnovers than Vick...guaranteed!

But that is not a hard thing to do.

vick had 16 touchdowns and 8 int's his first full season...u think ryan will have less than 8 picks his first season? i dont think so.

Did you add the 8 fumbles as well...yeah I didn't think so....do some research son.

make yourself more clearer next time SON...fumbles and interceptions arent the same thing. and was all of those 8 (supposedly) fumbles, were all of them recovered by the defense?

I said turnovers...I know it is a big word, but comeon....read the **** comments befroe going oiff on people, and 6 were, 2 were covered by OL

bossFALCON (5/16/2008)
>20 is such a stupid #. after he throws so many dont you think the coaching staff would bench him and let him learn for next year? i doubt they would let him sit in there and screw up that bad behind a sub-par oline. i think they'd pull him and let redman, harrington, or shock finish off the season.

not the way they have invested hope in him

vick had 16 touchdowns and 8 int's his first full season...u think ryan will have less than 8 picks his first season? i dont think so.

Did you add the 8 fumbles as well...yeah I didn't think so....do some research son.

boy you got to love internet tough guys.

make yourself more clearer next time SON...fumbles and interceptions arent the same thing. and was all of those 8 (supposedly) fumbles, were all of them recovered by the defense?

I said turnovers...I know it is a big word, but comeon....read the **** comments befroe going oiff on people, and 6 were, 2 were covered by OL

wow maybe you should read the thread before running your mouth it said how many INT'S will he throw

And a fumble is worse than an interception, and Vick was the champ of that. he carried the ball like a rich girl does her purse instead of a fat girl holding on to a wing. YOU GOTTA TUCK THE ROCK! It was his biggest flaw IMO.

I agree.  At least on an interception they have to return the ball back towards the line of scrimmage.  The fumbles are usually in the backfield...  Yeah, I hated those one handed, loaf of bread carries, they always made me nervous as ****...

MIKE VICK SEEMS TO BE MORE POPULAR THAN MATT RYAN IN THIS THREAD, AND YOU GUYS MADE HIM THAT WAY. DOES EVERY ANSWER HAVE TO HAVE A VICK IN IT? YOU'LL NEVER MOVE ON FROM THE VICK THING, UNTIL YOU STOP BRINGING HIM UP AT THE SLIGHTEST LITTLE THING.;)

For those asking, Vicks 1st year 2001 he saw limited action with only 2 starts. He played in 8 games and had 2 TD and 3 Ints.  He also rushed 289 yds and 1 TD.  He also had 6 fumbles with 5 lost.  So he committed 8 turnovers total in 8 games played. 1:1 ratio.  Pretty loose ball handling.

Vick Stats courtesy of CBS:

Passing
YearTeamGGSAttCompPctYdsYPALgTDIntTkld20+40+Rate
2001Atlanta Falcons821135044.27856.95522321/11311462.7

Rushing
YearTeamGGSAttYdsAvgLgTD20+1st
2001Atlanta Falcons82312899.3351615

Fumbles
YearTeamGFumLostFum ForcedOwn RecOpp RecYdsTot RecTD
2001Atlanta Falcons865000000

Wow thanks for the stats. If the "experts" here will look at this honestly and with an open mind, Matt Ryan really has very small shoes to fill. I mean if you look at MV's (who most on this thread love) first year stats......they are not that great....now at the end of next season we can compare but not until Ryan at least play's this much.

To answer the original question ....I don't care how many as long as we have winning seasons.....look at Brett Farve....lots of int's but kept on throwing now ....HOF

First I want to know why you asked this question, why not ask how many 1st down completions or how many TDs?  Why the emphesis on intersectons?

Second you predicted 20, is that suspose to be good or bad.  Eli Manning threw 23 TDS and 20 interceptions and his team still won the SB.  So what does 20 really mean???