Gazoo - You were right

rev_hal (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)
When someone actually bans, threatens to ban, or supports banning someone for posting an opinion on a message board, several questions come to mind:

What kind of person takes a message board so seriously that they have to suspend freedom of speech for all of those that disagree?

What kind of person takes their job so seriously that they feel like they must threaten to ban someone for taking a jab at him over a **** message board?

What kind of person can still kiss this person's ##### while making vague statements that appear to support the Nazi party?

Dude, it was a frigging joke. Get over yourself.....

You know what's a joke? A mod in TATF posting his disapproval of the fanbase.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serge Storms (5/15/2008)
When someone actually bans, threatens to ban, or supports banning someone for posting an opinion on a message board, several questions come to mind:

What kind of person takes a message board so seriously that they have to suspend freedom of speech for all of those that disagree?

What kind of person takes their job so seriously that they feel like they must threaten to ban someone for taking a jab at him over a **** message board?

What kind of person can still kiss this person's ##### while making vague statements that appear to support the Nazi party?

Alright there drama queen, clearly you do not understand the real reason why this guy was banned.  It had nothing to do with his opinion.  He started post after post trolling up also known as spamming.  It was also a bit of a running joke and not kissing but since I have been in PF for quite a number of years.

It's not like he got banned for calling someone a "sawed off #####" or an "asx kisser" as you did.

No need to call the hacks at the ACLU, his 1st amendment if he even knows what that is was not violated.

I have witnessed a divided fan base due to anything from players to religion but this has got to be one of the funniest posts about TATF vs Pure Football.

Relax man, it's oonnlyy a message board.

phattywankenobi (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)

Alright there drama queen, clearly you do not understand the real reason why this guy was banned. It had nothing to do with his opinion. He started post after post trolling up also known as spamming. It was also a bit of a running joke and not kissing but since I have been in PF for quite a number of years.

It's not like he got banned for calling someone a "sawed off #####" or an "asx kisser" as you did.

No need to call the hacks at the ACLU, his 1st amendment if he even knows what that is was not violated.

I have witnessed a divided fan base due to anything from players to religion but this has got to be one of thefunniest posts about TATF vs Pure Football.

Who cares what he does in TATF, or anyone, for that matter? It's a disaster zone as it is, the mods don't honestly care what happens here, and you don't go to PF without kissing up to a mod, which is why I don't find your position to be a coincidence. Not that I really think PF is a place of higher learning, there's just no reason to be banning anyone when 95% of the board has nothing to say as it is, might as well keep freedom whenever possible.

Serge Storms (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)

Alright there drama queen, clearly you do not understand the real reason why this guy was banned. It had nothing to do with his opinion. He started post after post trolling up also known as spamming. It was also a bit of a running joke and not kissing but since I have been in PF for quite a number of years.

I have witnessed a divided fan base due to anything from players to religion but this has got to be one of thefunniest posts about TATF vs Pure Football.

Who cares what he does in TATF, or anyone, for that matter? It's a disaster zone as it is, the mods don't honestly care what happens here, and you don't go to PF without kissing up to a mod, which is why I don't find your position to be a coincidence. Not that I really think PF is a place of higher learning, there's just no reason to be banning anyone when 95% of the board has nothing to say as it is, might as well keep freedom whenever possible.

:w00t: Now apparently you know all about me.  Your hilarious dude keep posting.  Sounds like you have misplaced anger about not being able to get in to PF.  Perhaps it's the childish name calling.  Just a thought.;)

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
Soren Kierkegaard

Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

I honestly think that some of the demographic shift you eluded to is age related. I think the younger generation  (on whole) is exponentially more selfish, self centered and entiltled and all this effects how the younger fan reacts to not getting us way. I think Vick attracted these younger fans.

Not all young posters are like this, there are some very good ones here I respect very much, but I have been watching for a long time around these boards and think younger generation selfishness, self centeredness and entitlement drive a lot of the "I didn;t get my way so I'm taking everyone involved down, including ther player, the front office and any fan that disagrees wit me" attitude.

Us older folks raised by veterans of WWII and that generation and Grandparents teaching us values from the Great Depression era were (on whole) instilled with better core values IMO and we understand we are not entitled to get everything our way and it's not always all about ourselves. I think we are much more likely to have the perspective that being a Falcon fan is more about the Falcons than it is about ourselves.

I have a few questions about your post . . . you are saying that Vick brought these young, selfish fans to the Falcons and that's when the "tone" or "environment" of the message boards changed?  Is that not what you're saying?

What type of fans do you think Ryan will attract?  Will they be different than the kind of fans Vick brought to the Falcons?  And if so, how?

Serge Storms (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)

:w00t: Now apparently you know all about me. Your hilarious dude keep posting. Sounds like you have misplaced anger about not being able to get in to PF. Perhaps it's the childish name calling. Just a thought.;)

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
Soren Kierkegaard

Funny enough, this is what all dickholes want to say. It's not my fault the biggest problem with this message board is that everyone is either someone with a sense of humor and a brain or a passive-aggressive ##### that actually puts pride into being in PF and keeping up the pretense that mature people don't call others stupid (to their face). I never bothered requesting a PF invite, anyway, some of the dumbest and most obnoxious TATF posters, such as gazoo, are PF, it seems like a horrible place to be.

2smooth4ya (5/15/2008)
Now if you ask the Atlanta City of Tourism and Chamber of Commerce what they think about "bandwagon" fans...I can guarantee you upon mention of the word "Falcons" the people in those offices will bawl uncontrollably at the prospect of what's to come.

exactly.

They can whine about "bandwagon" fans all they want too, if they had any common sense whatsoever, at this juncture they should be happy for people to pay to come to the Falcons homegames no matter who it was.

Serge Storms (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)

:w00t: Now apparently you know all about me. Your hilarious dude keep posting. Sounds like you have misplaced anger about not being able to get in to PF. Perhaps it's the childish name calling. Just a thought.;)

Soren Kierkegaard

Funny enough, this is what all dickholes want to say. It's not my fault the biggest problem with this message board is that everyone is either someone with a sense of humor and a brain or a passive-aggressive ##### that actually puts pride into being in PF and keeping up the pretense that mature people don't call others stupid (to their face). I never bothered requesting a PF invite, anyway, some of the dumbest and most obnoxious TATF posters, such as gazoo, are PF, it seems like a horrible place to be.

I guess maybe in certain jobs people call each other dickholes or whatever but most in the professional world do not.  They at least attempt to use their intellect to communicate their ideas and not let their emotions get in the way which is pretty obvious when you call somebody names.  It's the first sign your out of ammo yet you keep pulling the trigger.

It sounds as much as you despise the Mods for supposedly controlling speech it is in fact you who is not happy with the posters speaking by the evidence in your above post and wish they all could change.

Sorry got to go, I actually have something better to do now.  Try not to be so angry about everything.  It's really not that big of a deal.

Guest Gritz
Serge Storms

How do all of the sawed off pricks get into PF? Kissing some serious mod #####, which is why it would be nice if all of the Mods and asskissers stayed in PF and stopped destroying my faith in humanity with these kind of posts.

Serenity now! Serenity now!

no doubt rev, i dont get it, everyones saying he looks smooth in camp, heck we know what he can be, not even a snap, or a season or two undert his belt, and such hate, its unreal, but that other qb can basicly kill our team, almost the franchise and we still love him, dont get me wrong, vicks still one of my favorites, but its time to move on...

Well since this thread won't die....

I'll say it again... Why was there even a need to praise Gazoo as some sort of know all of the fan base?

Anyone who disagreed with him during the Vick era was labeled a non fan or ignorant when it came to Vick's abilities and character.

I saw compelling arguments made that were valid during that period where Gazoo and the Gazooites jumped on anyone who disagreed.

For him to predict the Ryan bashing is a no brainer from anyone.

I ask you Rev why you felt the need to even post a thread in his (Gazoo) so called honor?

You could have made your own statement... though the word Gazoo seems to insure a 15+ page thread.

Ryan will probably prove to be a great asset for the franchise and the new haters will fall in line or leave... regardless of Gazoo's opinions.

He needs no more props.

atlantaprodj (5/15/2008)

I'll say it again... Why was there even a need to praise Gazoo as some sort of know all of the fan base?

Anyone who disagreed with him during the Vick era was labeled a non fan or ignorant when it came to Vick's abilities and character.

I saw compelling arguments made that were valid during that period where Gazoo and the Gazooites jumped on anyone who disagreed.

I ask you Rev why you felt the need to even post a thread in his (Gazoo) so called honor?

You could have made your own statement... though the word Gazoo seems to insure a 15+ page thread.

Ryan will probably prove to be a great asset for the franchise and the new haters will fall in line or leave... regardless of Gazoo's opinions.

He needs no more props.

Why do you feel the need to read a thread tyou have no interest in?

Why do you feel the need to slam the thread you think is a waste of space?

And after no one responded, why did you feel the need to post it twice?

If you don't like the thread topic, don't read it. That is pretty simple.:w00t:

rev_hal (5/15/2008)
atlantaprodj (5/15/2008)

He needs no more props.

Of course I'm interested... in why Gazoo gets praise for being the know all to how fans are supposed to react?

Considering his Vickitis and treatment of fans who disagreed with him before and yet were correct in the assessments.

I had much more respect for your threads prior to this... that's all.

Thanks for the informative dialog... great conversation.

Falcon fans are the same as any group... they ain't always gonna get along.

atlantaprodj

Of course I'm interested... in why Gazoo gets praise for being the know all to how fans are supposed to react?

You call it "interest"? I would call it "obsessed" with me.

You could possibly be the most hostile/angry poster as it relates to me I knows on these boards. Perhaps it's the axe you carry with you and grind on my threads at me and anyone treating me with civility.

Please, just grow up, set the axe down and get over all the hostility you spew at me and others on my threads...it's really ugly to witness man, I honestly feel sorry or you. That inner hostility can block one from the sunlight of the spirit.

atlantaprodj (5/15/2008)
rev_hal (5/15/2008)
atlantaprodj (5/15/2008)

He needs no more props.

Considering his Vickitis and treatment of fans who disagreed with him before and yet were correct in the assessments.

I had much more respect for your threads prior to this... that's all.

Thanks for the informative dialog... great conversation.

Falcon fans are the same as any group... they ain't always gonna get along.

Oh my gosh! I lost your respect! Guess I'll go eat worms!

If anyone needs me, I'll be curled up in the corner in the fetal position, sobbing as I try to put the peices of my crushed heart back together.

atlantaprodj (5/15/2008)

He needs no more props.

Aww you poor thing...

Why don't you go learn a little something about football, then maybe someone will give you some props...

Hokies&Falcons

Aww you poor thing...

Why don't you go learn a little something about football, then maybe someone will give you some props...

This is what is issue really boils down to with me. He was spreading baseless propaganda around the message boards about Vick and I started out respectfully correcting him, but he became bitter as I constantly corrected the false information he spammed the bioards with.

He has carried an axe for years over m correcting his statements and it simply amazes me how long some hold on to petty stuff like resentments of someone on a message board! Sure, some here have managed to get under my skin at times bit I harbor no resentments toward anyone because no one is that important to me to care enough.

I have no issue with him at all because he doesn't mean anything to me. He doesn't come here for honest discussion, so he means nothing to me.

Oh well, I';m sure a year form now he'll still be posting seething comments about me, and I'll still not pay them much attention. His resentment hurts him, it does not hurt me and he can't even see it.

I actually paid Gazoo a compliment a couple of weeks ago. I forgot the subject matter.

In fact I dare you to find any recent post where I have even brought you up in a negative light... You are behind me. Check the ego.

My comments were on Rev Hal's praise of something anyone would have known.

I simply found the entire thread laughable another day on page 1 and took the bait. (note to all mods to bring back ignore).

The condescending reply remarks directed at me are to be expected as if the smart A humor somehow validates the point?

I forgot that you are only supposed to agree with or ignore threads.

Anyway I hope the Good Rev Hal will recover... and Gazoo thrives in the new QB regime!

You can have the last word this time if you wish...