Gazoo - You were right

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

july425 (5/15/2008)
falconfansince66 (5/15/2008)

So the next time in about two-three years (which is about average for this franchise) when we go through yet another rebuilding phase, are you going to bail out and leave yet again and leave it up to the true fans to keep a franchise in this city?  Doesn't surprise me at all...

Well......when you're right.....you're right.

That's what I thought! Let's just hope that when you want to return, that you can't even get seats because some other bandwagon fan has gotten ahead of you in the queue. :P

Rev AL Sharpton (5/15/2008)
rev_hal (5/15/2008)
Rev AL Sharpton (5/15/2008)
Rev,

Should I be offended?

Nah. We're just playin'. ;)

I know brotha....

Can you do me favor? Can you please tell everyone, to stop PMing me--asking me...if I'm Sun Tzu or Rev JJ or MCST or July? I think, there is a few I missed. But this is getting tiresome:cool:

I don't understand, why is there an assumption that...I could be one of these posters?:cool:

Attention please:

Rev. Al is not any of those other people.

That is all.

You're right, no one has said Vick was perfect. However, there are people on here who justify everything he has done, pitch hissy fits if anyone brings up the bad Vick has done, and damns any QB other than Vick without giving them a chance.

Can you name one person that has actually justified everything Vick did wrong?  When you have people on here that criticized his play as "being a RB"(how stupid when his passing yards EXCEEDS his rushing yards by 4x), it's expected because he has done more GOOD than BAD for this franchise. 

To be honest, Vick was put down every year by sports analysts and "Falcon fans" from 2003 on to be taken from his starter position by every QB we had as a backup.(Johnson, Schaub, even Harrington).  Every freaking year, our backups were supposedly "the best QB on the roster".  Picture that.

Even though WE WON MORE with Vick than WITHOUT him.  We didn't have an elite defense, nor multiple probowl OL, RB or even WRs.  So how did we win with Mr. RB playing QB?  I don't believe it was his legs since Vick didn't rush for 100 yrds per game.

I don't claim Ryan our savior. Simply put. Vick screwed up, and now we need a new QB for the future. Simple as that. Some people have it in their heads that we have to have a black QB or we can just sit around with our heads in the sand waiting for Vick to come back.

I don't claim to say there isn't an opposite evil as well, I am not one of them. Two wrongs don't make a right, I don't approve of either side.

Heck, there is one post on here mad that we got rid of all the "black stars" on our team to make way for the "good ole boys" and another that says we are in trouble because we drafted two red-heads in the first round.

So again, how does one get lable a "Ryan hater" and looking for him to fail when most of us agreed that we needed another QB, even though we could've fix our DLine at the same time with the best DT to come out since Warren Sapp? 

I'll tell you why we did that(again my opinion):  Because we wanted to make a STATEMENT that we are moving on from the Vick era even though it was stated by our FO that Matt Ryan wasn't picked as a SAVIOR, but yet we continue to hear that we are moving on?  A QB picked in the second round wouldn't have generated that much of a buzz, I assume. 

The guy threw 19 ints in 12 games.  Can you name one time anyone else was considered the best after putting up such numbers?

2smooth4ya (5/15/2008)
Makes sense..of course, I didn't wanna be the one to say this. Everyone already assumes, what my intentions are

If you say his names 3 times, he might come back

Trust me, I have no problem speaking my "unpopular" opinion on this board, especially when it's backed up with facts.

Remember Rev, Vick is our MESSIAH.

He will raise up from the dead. :P

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

falcons faithful (5/15/2008)
rev_hal (5/14/2008)
Rev AL Sharpton (5/14/2008)
All these support Ryan threads, have become ironic:w00t:

That is where you and your ilk are totally wrong. THis is not a "support Ryan" thread. It's a support the FALCONS thread. How can you be a fan of a team if you want your QB to fail? You are just a fan of certain players. When your favorite player is gone, you cast stones at the other players.

We don't need you folks. It's time to trim the herd.

NOW THIS IS THE TRUEST POST ANYONE COULD POST. THE WHOLE POINT IS IF YOUR A FALCON FAN PERIOD YOU DON'T CARE WHO OUR QB IS OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU LOVE THIS TEAM WINNING OR LOSING

Wow, after 50 pages, someone agreed with me! :)

rev_hal (5/14/2008)
Gazoo, remember your debate on how harsh fans here would be on a new young QB? Well you were absolutely right. There is more anti-Ryan junk flying around on these boards than I would hae ever imagined. I thought that people that posted here were actually Falcons fans, but many are not - they are wishing for Ryan to fail.

You hit the nail on the head. (just calling it like I see it)

How many years has it been now, that I have been saying that there are people pretending to be falcons fans on this board...?

:D

rev_hal (5/14/2008)
Gazoo, remember your debate on how harsh fans here would be on a new young QB? Well you were absolutely right. There is more anti-Ryan junk flying around on these boards than I would hae ever imagined. I thought that people that posted here were actually Falcons fans, but many are not -  they are wishing for Ryan to fail.

You hit the nail on the head. (just calling it like I see it)

]

Im excited about Ryan and cant wait for this season and all the seasons to come no matter who is behind center.

2smooth4ya (5/15/2008)
Can you name one person that has actually justified everything Vick did wrong?  When you have people on here that criticized his play as "being a RB"(how stupid when his passing yards EXCEEDS his rushing yards by 4x), it's expected because he has done more GOOD than BAD for this franchise. 

To be honest, Vick was put down every year by sports analysts and "Falcon fans" from 2003 on to be taken from his starter position by every QB we had as a backup.(Johnson, Schaub, even Harrington).  Every freaking year, our backups were supposedly "the best QB on the roster".  Picture that.

Justify, downplay, overlook. How ever you want to spin it, it's been done. Rev JJ, Vick75, countless noobies, etc. I supported his play, but I believe Vick could have done more to improve his game. I never heard about him giving that extra push. Things like staying late, practicing as much as possible, being a film junkie. Considering the offense he was under, I cannot blame the lack of desire, but still. Again, what does that have to do with not supporting Matt Ryan or at the very least not acting like he is Joey Harrington 2.0 based off nothing. Two wrongs don't make the right. Being a hugger/hater when it works for you doesn't earn you any respect from the objective people here.

The point is that he is gone and it is over, and it's his fault. Why dwell on it?

2smooth4ya (5/15/2008)
Even though WE WON MORE with Vick than WITHOUT him.  We didn't have an elite defense, nor multiple probowl OL, RB or even WRs.  So how did we win with Mr. RB playing QB?  I don't believe it was his legs since Vick didn't rush for 100 yrds per game.

So again, how does one get lable a "Ryan hater" and looking for him to fail when most of us agreed that we needed another QB, even though we could've fix our DLine at the same time with the best DT to come out since Warren Sapp? 

I'll tell you why we did that(again my opinion):  Because we wanted to make a STATEMENT that we are moving on from the Vick era even though it was stated by our FO that Matt Ryan wasn't picked as a SAVIOR, but yet we continue to hear that we are moving on?  A QB picked in the second round wouldn't have generated that much of a buzz, I assume. 

The guy threw 19 ints in 12 games.  Can you name one time anyone else was considered the best after putting up such numbers?

Again, I am not arguing Vick's field play. I am saying that it is over, move on, dwelling on it serves NO purpose because he will probably never come back. We needed a QB, and the QB is the most important position in the game. Long term answer at QB is more important than DT. That's a fact.

Stats are worthless in my book when it comes to judging college players. I don't follow college football, but from what I understand Matt Ryan had below average talent around him as well. What I do know is that he has great tangibles and intangibles, he is our QB, and I support him. If the ex-director of college scouting and all but a few teams in the NFL consider him the top QB, then I think it's probably safe to say he is the top QB. They will forget more stuff overnight than we will even begin to know about football. So why be a pessimist about it?

rev_hal (5/15/2008)
CHIEF DEPUTY CASEY (5/15/2008)
IMO Rev need to delete this thread and accept that he posted this w/o thinking

Nah, it would be more fun to delete you. ;)

:w00t: Thanks for taking out the trash Rev.  I understand people in the heat of the moment getting upset with the play on the field or players who make bad judgements off the field but I don't understand people rooting against the potential future leader of their team.  Why would they not encourage him and show their support?  I don't mean blindly declare him as the best, just simply I hope he does well to lead this team to victory someday, as in GO FALCONS.  There's obviously a bit more elbow room on the Falcon fanwagon and I want to say to some people "Well are you in or not""?

phattywankenobi (5/15/2008)
rev_hal (5/15/2008)
CHIEF DEPUTY CASEY (5/15/2008)
IMO Rev need to delete this thread and accept that he posted this w/o thinking

Nah, it would be more fun to delete you. ;)

:w00t: Thanks for taking out the trash Rev. I understand people in the heat of the moment getting upset with the play on the field or players who make bad judgements off the field but I don't understand people rooting against the potential future leader of their team. Why would they not encourage him and show their support? I don't mean blindly declare him as the best, just simply I hope he does well to lead this team to victory someday, as in GO FALCONS. There's obviously a bit more elbow room on the Falcon fanwagon and I want to say to some people "Well are you in or not""?

How do all of the sawed off pricks get into PF? Kissing some serious mod #####, which is why it would be nice if all of the Mods and asskissers stayed in PF and stopped destroying my faith in humanity with these kind of posts.

Nothing against Gazoo or what you said; but, it was hardly a very bold prediction.  It's as it always goes on these boards.  It doesn't matter who the QB is....there will be those who like and those who dislike; those who bash and those who defend.  Pick any QB...present or future (probably even past) and you will have the same thing. IMO.

When someone actually bans, threatens to ban, or supports banning someone for posting an opinion on a message board, several questions come to mind:

What kind of person takes a message board so seriously that they have to suspend freedom of speech for all of those that disagree?

What kind of person takes their job so seriously that they feel like they must threaten to ban someone for taking a jab at him over a **** message board?

What kind of person can still kiss this person's ##### while making vague statements that appear to support the Nazi party?

Serge Storms (5/15/2008)
When someone actually bans, threatens to ban, or supports banning someone for posting an opinion on a message board, several questions come to mind:

What kind of person takes a message board so seriously that they have to suspend freedom of speech for all of those that disagree?

What kind of person takes their job so seriously that they feel like they must threaten to ban someone for taking a jab at him over a **** message board?

What kind of person can still kiss this person's ##### while making vague statements that appear to support the Nazi party?

You agree to a Code of  Conduct when you register for the board. 

high voltage (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)

You agree to a Code of Conduct when you register for the board.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that "disagreeing with the mod" was part of the code of conduct.

Serge Storms (5/15/2008)

Dude, it was a frigging joke. Get over yourself.....

Serge Storms (5/15/2008)
high voltage (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that "disagreeing with the mod" was part of the code of conduct.

The guy that the Rev. joked about banning deserved to be banned and now he is.  I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with disagreeing with a Mod. 

high voltage (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)
high voltage (5/15/2008)
Serge Storms (5/15/2008)

The guy that the Rev. joked about banning deserved to be banned and now he is.  I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with disagreeing with a Mod. 

It wasn't even me. I have no idea who did the deed.