Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shiney_McShine

CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!

Guest F_A_1_C_O_N

Here are a few of my favorite HDR's that I've shot...

10300477724_eaed52be02_b.jpg

9612199216_d656d4f521_b.jpg

8931026196_ab411f26a4_b.jpg

8651023284_02ea235a52_b.jpg

5795433966_f8069e073d_b.jpg

i reached my +1 for the day.

But what program do you run?

i reached my +1 for the day.

But what program do you run?

I process the HDR side of things in Photomatix Pro and then run them through Adobe Lightroom for any other tweaking that I need to do. Occasionally I'll use Photoshop for some tweaks like layer masks or removing unwanted objects from the pic.

Guest F_A_1_C_O_N

I process the HDR side of things in Photomatix Pro and then run them through Adobe Lightroom for any other tweaking that I need to do. Occasionally I'll use Photoshop for some tweaks like layer masks or removing unwanted objects from the pic.

Thank you.

Guest fibonacci

This is "falcon". Long story but i am back on my original name.

Anyhow, I'm going to be doing some hdr this weekend in savannah. I do not have that program. But i know how to take the pictures. So I'll be doing it. Then trying the fee trial of it and seeing if i like it.

Work has been kicking my anus lately, but I made some time to break in the my new Tamron 150-600 at Berry College earlier this week. I just got around to editing the pics tonight. So far, the results are pretty good IMO. I need to tweak a few settings, but overall, I think the lens will be a keeper. I need to test it out some more though.

13617078583_5b2c47d97d_b.jpg

The specks of black underneath him are bits of the branch bark that he scraped off as he took flight.

13617426094_2a38c7bb5d_b.jpg

13617059695_42271c64d7_b.jpg

13617080633_b7cf45d9d5_b.jpg

Congrats on the new lens! Going all the way to 600, it seems like a solid option for wildlife photography for sure.

I'm with you on the itch to get out & shoot. The D600 is still at Nikon getting the shutter replaced, and I have been working about 60-80 hours a week. I will hopefully get the camera back in about a week, around the same time my workload should slow down a bit, so I'm hoping to get out and shoot soon.

I have 4 new lenses & a full frame body I gotta get used to.

You guessed it.....more eagle pics. The lighting wasn't as great today, but it was a good test for the new lens.

Female as she banked so that the sun hit her underside.

13658481065_75fbc482ac_b.jpg

Female making a hard bank. This one is two shots after the first one posted. I just liked the "V" shape that she was in.

13658477695_48475b6396_b.jpg

Squawking like crazy after a Red Tailed Hawk chased her.

13658476315_0eef99404b_b.jpg

13658820674_5c466dcebe_b.jpg

And bringing a fish back to the nest for Junior...

13658504023_846e15b8f4_b.jpg

Well after soft image after soft image and horrible tracking, I ended up sending the Tamron back for a return. My heavily cropped shots with Canon L glass were far superior, so I think I'm going to hold out hope for the rumors of a new Canon 100-400 L series lens are true. Here are a few from the weekend of an Osprey that some friends told me about. The lightiing wasn't great, but they're fun to shoot. Very inquisitive birds

13837802633_8c74aa8943_b.jpg

13837805083_45fc57285e_b.jpg

Guest fibonacci

Hmmm wish i could help but I'm not sure what to tell you. Sorry to hear this though.

Well after soft image after soft image and horrible tracking, I ended up sending the Tamron back for a return. My heavily cropped shots with Canon L glass were far superior, so I think I'm going to hold out hope for the rumors of a new Canon 100-400 L series lens are true. Here are a few from the weekend of an Osprey that some friends told me about. The lightiing wasn't great, but they're fun to shoot. Very inquisitive birds

13837802633_8c74aa8943_b.jpg

13837805083_45fc57285e_b.jpg

Sucks about the Tamron. I don't think that they make any crazy long zooms like that, but those new Sigma Art series lenses are pretty amazing & surprisingly affordable for the high quality pieces of glass they are.

Do you have a camera shop nearby where you might be able to rent a super zoom before committing to purchasing one? I feel like that is a major help when pulling the trigger on a high dollar lens.

Reading up on tech specs & reviews is great, but ultimately that will always be be nothing more than someone else's opinion based on shooting styles that are likely different from your own.

With so many factors like what type of body you will use w/ the lens, the location, the lighting available in that location, any filters being used, what kind of things will you be mostly shooting w/ the lens... portraits, street photography, landscapes, sports, or wildlife?, how much weight do you mind carrying, how much is your budget, do you tend to shoot hend held or w/ a tripod, etc., etc., etc. PLUS all of the specific settings on the camera, it is nearly impossible to find an opinion based on the same setup you'd be using in various situations.

I'm considering the eventual purchase of a 24-70 2.8. The Nikon 24-70 is an amazing "Holy Grail" lens & runs about $1400 used. However, Tamron recently came out with their own 24-70 that has VR & is about a third cheaper. In tests, the Tamron seems to be on par with the Nikon. I'm thinking of renting each for a few days to figure which one actually works best for me.

Sucks about the Tamron. I don't think that they make any crazy long zooms like that, but those new Sigma Art series lenses are pretty amazing & surprisingly affordable for the high quality pieces of glass they are.

Do you have a camera shop nearby where you might be able to rent a super zoom before committing to purchasing one? I feel like that is a major help when pulling the trigger on a high dollar lens.

Reading up on tech specs & reviews is great, but ultimately that will always be be nothing more than someone else's opinion based on shooting styles that are likely different from your own.

With so many factors like what type of body you will use w/ the lens, the location, the lighting available in that location, any filters being used, what kind of things will you be mostly shooting w/ the lens... portraits, street photography, landscapes, sports, or wildlife?, how much weight do you mind carrying, how much is your budget, do you tend to shoot hend held or w/ a tripod, etc., etc., etc. PLUS all of the specific settings on the camera, it is nearly impossible to find an opinion based on the same setup you'd be using in various situations.

I'm considering the eventual purchase of a 24-70 2.8. The Nikon 24-70 is an amazing "Holy Grail" lens & runs about $1400 used. However, Tamron recently came out with their own 24-70 that has VR & is about a third cheaper. In tests, the Tamron seems to be on par with the Nikon. I'm thinking of renting each for a few days to figure which one actually works best for me.

No camera shop anywhere close. I've got a 1.5+ hour drive to the closest one depending on traffic. I may actually over analyze and over research gear, but I do try to do as much research as possible before buying. Unfortunately, the Tamron wasn't a good fit. There had been reported issues in the 1st batch with it mounted to my camera body and it appears, for the copy that I received anyway, that those issues are still present in the 2nd batch.

I have the 1st generation of Canon's 24-70 f/2.8 L and someone would have to pry it from my cold dead hands for me to willingly give it up. It's a fantastic piece of glass! I've heard great things about the Tamron 24-70 and have a friend that sold his 2nd generation Canon 24-70 for the Tamron after trying it out.

Well after soft image after soft image and horrible tracking, I ended up sending the Tamron back for a return. My heavily cropped shots with Canon L glass were far superior, so I think I'm going to hold out hope for the rumors of a new Canon 100-400 L series lens are true.

I tend to have the same problem with my 70-300mm tamron when zoomed at 300mm. Soft images and tracking can be a pain. My 70-200mm f4 is+ 1.4 TC works far better. The next purchase is going to be the Canon 300mm f4 prime.

Guest fibonacci

http://boards.atlant...ta-mr-matthews/

more pictures are there. but here are my favorites.

js0bqo.jpg

I've tried for a long time to get inside the dome to take this picture. I had my tokina ultra wide angel here. I really thought I was going to get more into the picture, but that is a heck no. I see someone do it before and he got the top of the seats. He had to have an insane lense.

358z6g5.jpg

Just a cute pictures for the girls. I took this with the tokina around a F/4. but my speed was down to 250. ISO 500. the lighting is bright in there, yet confused me why I could not up my speed more. (I have it on spot instead of matrix. but I did not see a difference when I changed it). so any suggestions of what was taking place?

2s93r68.jpg

Really like this shot. everything in the picture is awesome.

kd63dc.jpg

cool, yet it's just an "ok" picture.

Guest fibonacci

2wfntwn.jpg

very happy with the straight forward here. the stadium is off center on a lot of things, but I was able to move just right with the camera angle to do the best I could. If you see with the post and the stairs, they do not line up. but I was more focused on the cross bars and the TV lining up. I also need to do more editing to the sides of where the lights came in at the top corners.

2yopr2e.jpg

Love it when I can get someones tattoo and do it right. a lot of times it's to bright in the day and I mess it up when I want to get someones tat. and I'm referring to my training camp pictures, rarely rarely do I get someone to show off their tat right.

256qtsy.jpg

fun picture. again alignment of the stadium is off. it's not me LOL

11tsksw.jpg

another picture I always wanted. I do have one with my wfe seating in the seat, but it wasn't cool.

ay0kxu.jpg

I know everyone says, "don't make your pictures so dark". but I like it. and this picture was barely edited. I only took out noise.

Guest fibonacci

Why can't I post photos that are hosted on Flickr anymore? Did they change something with the boards recently?

show me the link and I'll look into it

Having photographed the eagles at Berry College so much and seeing the publicity for the Eagle cam take off, Several of the regular photographers have gotten in good with the VP of PR at the college. I was able to get access to Possum Trot Church & schoolhouse because of this. Here's a couple of shots and the history of the building.

This is the outside of the building. Taken about a year ago in 2013....

8651023284_02ea235a52_b.jpg

And the inside. Some places are just ment for black and white shots.

14037597022_0882da0da5_b.jpg

14037609671_37c08daf29_b.jpg

And this one was a favorite because it was a local piece of paperwork dated 1935 and it still exists.

14040820925_6df7842007_b.jpg

http://www.berry.edu...ge.aspx?id=8439

The Possum Trot Church is the "cradle of Berry College." Built originally around 1850. the old church was appropriated by Martha Berry for the Possum Trot Sunday School in 1900. (Possum Trot was a school from 1900-1954). The needs of the people at Possum Trot, and places like it, inspired her to build the schools to help children of the area learn how to use their talents and resources better. Miss Berry's title, "The Sunday Lady of Possum Trot," originated from her Sunday school at the church.

Miss Berry painted scriptures on the walls of this church to compensate for the lack of Bibles. The walls still proclaim, "The eyes of the Lord are in every place beholding the evil and the good."

In the early 1930's, three rustic schoolrooms that matched the setting were added and the grammar grades were moved there from the log cabin area (old Beverly Hall) on the main campus. Children of faculty and staff and the Possum Trot children attended classes together. These children studied under the able teaching of Mrs. Fred (Elsie Andrews) Ford, who had previously taught at both the Mountain School and at the grammar school in the log cabin area.

During World War II and for a short period following it, from 1942-1948, the Possum Trot school was closed. It reopened in 1948 with Elizabeth Daniels Taylor as teacher and Mr. James Daniels as industrial arts teacher. Later Mrs. Samuel Poe Carden taught at Possum Trot until the school was closed in 1954.

One of the classrooms was renovated by the Berry College Student Government Association as a Mountain Day American Bicentennial project in 1976. Student interest in Possum Trot has remained high over the years; and in 1984-85 and 1985-86, the Student Government Association assisted through volunteer work in the full restoration of the buildings. With the assistance of the physical plant of Berry College and with alumni volunteers led by Newton Wagner, a Possum Trot graduate, the safety and preservation of this historic complex have been assured.

Possum Trot Homecoming is held each year on the third Sunday in September with "dinner on the grounds" between "preaching" at 11 a.m. and "singing" in the afternoon. The public is always welcome to bring dinner and participate in this event.

In October 1995, Berry Elementary School children reenacted school days at Possum Trot in conjunction with the Georgia legislature's proclamation of October 7 as "Martha Berry Day in Georgia."

Behind the church stands a small log house that once served as the home economics department and as the kitchen and dining hall for the Possum Trot School. This cottage had fallen into a state of disrepair through lack of use until it caught the eye of an enterprising industrial education student, Robert Plank, from Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, who offered to restore it in exchange for its use as a residence for himself and his wife until he graduated. His offer was accepted; and upon his graduation in 1976, it became staff housing.