Shiney_McShine

CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!

800 posts in this topic

Here's an example of the dwellings carved into the stone where people have lived in the underground cities of the region since the Crusades.

DSC_6813

Uchisar Castle in Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey

Uchisar Castle BW

The entrance to our hotel in Cappadocia in the evening

DSC_6936

The courtyard of our Cappadocia hotel in the evening

DSC_6946

biloxifalcon likes this

Some really old stuff... my in-laws live in Oceanside, CA so my wife & I head out there every other year to visit. These are from a trip out there in 2013

Oceanside Pier no.3

biloxifalcon likes this

Great shots k-train!  I'll be heading to the Smoky Mountains next week for a long weekend of spring shooting.  Hoping that the rivers and waterfalls are going well.  :D

Here's the Berry Male eagle coming in hot a few weekends ago.  I clipped just the tip of the wing while pulling back on the zoom, but love the shot anyway.  He landed in the tree next to the viewing area, so maybe 40 feet above my head and just to the left.

26067800012_e78ce0c832_c.jpgBerry Bald Eagle Male 2 by Jason, on Flickr

A few minutes later when a Red Tailed Hawk cruised by.  I've never seen him turn his head this way before, so it was neat to capture it.

25557617483_04a0732bfa_c.jpgBerry Bald Eagle Male 3 by Jason, on Flickr

From the same afternoon.  Male is on the branch looking back and chortling at the female as she brings in a fish.

25887379480_bfdbf14802_c.jpgBerry Bald Eagle Male 4 by Jason, on Flickr

Female with most of a catfish.

26309647656_725390db5a_c.jpgBerry Bald Eagle Female 1 by Jason, on Flickr

And the local Eastern Bluebird pair.  Male with his head tucked down and the female playing hard to get.  She has about doubled in girth since I took this one, so I guess she wasn't THAT hard to get.  ;)

25555499044_d457c48bd6_c.jpgEBB 1 by Jason, on Flickr

biloxifalcon and k-train like this

8 hours ago, mookie3127 said:

Great shots k-train!  I'll be heading to the Smoky Mountains next week for a long weekend of spring shooting.  Hoping that the rivers and waterfalls are going well.  :D

Here's the Berry Male eagle coming in hot a few weekends ago.  I clipped just the tip of the wing while pulling back on the zoom, but love the shot anyway.  He landed in the tree next to the viewing area, so maybe 40 feet above my head and just to the left.

26067800012_e78ce0c832_c.jpgBerry Bald Eagle Male 2 by Jason, on Flickr

A few minutes later when a Red Tailed Hawk cruised by.  I've never seen him turn his head this way before, so it was neat to capture it.

25557617483_04a0732bfa_c.jpgBerry Bald Eagle Male 3 by Jason, on Flickr

From the same afternoon.  Male is on the branch looking back and chortling at the female as she brings in a fish.

25887379480_bfdbf14802_c.jpgBerry Bald Eagle Male 4 by Jason, on Flickr

Female with most of a catfish.

26309647656_725390db5a_c.jpgBerry Bald Eagle Female 1 by Jason, on Flickr

And the local Eastern Bluebird pair.  Male with his head tucked down and the female playing hard to get.  She has about doubled in girth since I took this one, so I guess she wasn't THAT hard to get.  ;)

25555499044_d457c48bd6_c.jpgEBB 1 by Jason, on Flickr

Sounds like you're gonna have to do a raindance a few days before you go to the Smokeys, so they'll be plenty of flow in the waterfalls & rivers... just make sure it's not so close to the time you're gonna be there that you end up drenched. :D

Do you have an itinerary yet, or just gonna go with the flow? 

My wife & I are headed to Asheville for a few days in May. Probably spending the majority of our time there downtown, but hoping to get some cool street photography in & we'll try to hit up a spot in the general area for hiking/photos during the trip as well. So many options near there, it's hard to pick one place to see.

I've never actually been to the Biltmore Estate, but I don't have a real big desire to see it either... especially at $40 a person or whatever it costs these days & limits on what you can shoot there. I'm currently leaning toward heading to DuPont Forest, because there are a bunch of beautiful falls in that park & it's only about an hour from downtown Asheville. Might head to Craggy Gardens or Max Patch though... or could hit Linville Falls on the way back from Asheville. That place is really cool & I haven't been there since I started shooting. Like I said, so many options.

3 hours ago, k-train said:

Sounds like you're gonna have to do a raindance a few days before you go to the Smokeys, so they'll be plenty of flow in the waterfalls & rivers... just make sure it's not so close to the time you're gonna be there that you end up drenched. :D

Do you have an itinerary yet, or just gonna go with the flow? 

My wife & I are headed to Asheville for a few days in May. Probably spending the majority of our time there downtown, but hoping to get some cool street photography in & we'll try to hit up a spot in the general area for hiking/photos during the trip as well. So many options near there, it's hard to pick one place to see.

I've never actually been to the Biltmore Estate, but I don't have a real big desire to see it either... especially at $40 a person or whatever it costs these days & limits on what you can shoot there. I'm currently leaning toward heading to DuPont Forest, because there are a bunch of beautiful falls in that park & it's only about an hour from downtown Asheville. Might head to Craggy Gardens or Max Patch though... or could hit Linville Falls on the way back from Asheville. That place is really cool & I haven't been there since I started shooting. Like I said, so many options.

A couple of buddies are actually running a workshop so I don't know of an itinerary yet.  Only thing I know for certain is that I'll be there bright and early to stop at the Tremont Institute to hike back to Spruce Flat Falls.  Regardless, I love the Smokies and am stoked to get up there for a few days.

My wife has mentioned Biltmore to me, but I'm in the same boat with the photo restrictions.  Not worth my time or money.

Never been to Asheville so I'm not much help there.

k-train likes this

Well here's my first processed shot from the Smokies workshop.  It's from the parking lot at Clingmans Dome at sunset on Thursday, 4-21-16.  We were hopeing for a good sunset, but rain was moving into the area so the weather wasn't cooperating.  We did, however, get some nice light rays poking through the clouds that really lit up the mountains.

26535853632_eb358d1d28_b.jpgLight Rays 1 by Jason, on Flickr

k-train likes this

12 hours ago, mookie3127 said:

Well here's my first processed shot from the Smokies workshop.  It's from the parking lot at Clingmans Dome at sunset on Thursday, 4-21-16.  We were hopeing for a good sunset, but rain was moving into the area so the weather wasn't cooperating.  We did, however, get some nice light rays poking through the clouds that really lit up the mountains.

26535853632_eb358d1d28_b.jpgLight Rays 1 by Jason, on Flickr

dude.......:o

That is fantastic!

mookie3127 likes this

11 hours ago, k-train said:

dude.......:o

That is fantastic!

Thank you, sir!  I was pleased with how it turned out.  Had to spend a good bit of time on this one to get the colors the way I wanted them, but it worked out in the end.

4 more....

Tom Ogle's cabin near the Roaring Fork Motor Trail.

26062209913_2559cfaaec_c.jpgOgle Cabin 1 by Jason, on Flickr

More of an abstract shot of part of the barn behind the cabin in the previous shot.

26393042490_cf32fd62b2_c.jpgOgle Cabin 2 by Jason, on Flickr

Sunrise from a pull off near Gatlinburg.

26062207853_205ff3ff83_c.jpgSunrise 1 by Jason, on Flickr

I was really hoping someone would try to defy the sign, but they didn't.  Sadly, no Darwin award was given out that day.  Taken in Cades Cove.

26062211383_8c18bf2a89_c.jpgCades Cove 1 by Jason, on Flickr

k-train likes this

Male Eastern Bluebird that was hoping around on the fence post at the viewing area for the Bald Eagles at Berry College.  The eaglets have both fledged and are hanging around the nest area, so I'll have plenty of shots of them in the near future.  For now, it's Bluebirds.

27120227415_d95715f250_c.jpgEBB 1 by Jason, on Flickr

27120227435_7959b5b3b9_c.jpgEBB 2 by Jason, on Flickr

27051815041_94f5338fe6_c.jpgEBB 3 by Jason, on Flickr

k-train likes this

Female at Berry College leaving the nest.  She usually comes out pretty flat so it was nice to get a shot of her flying out from a different angle that shows her back and the tops of her wings in good light.

27058193052_cdc6f0a9c9_c.jpgBerry College Female Bald Eagle 1 by Jason, on Flickr

And a few of the Eaglets, B6 and B7.

Not my best shot, but I loved the pose.

26548838913_db270e3e97_c.jpgB7 Bald Eagle 8 by Jason, on Flickr

Flying from their favorite perch tree after missing a branch, falling through the air a few feet, and recovering nicely.

26548836633_e6b12cd398_c.jpgB7 Bald Eagle 15 by Jason, on Flickr

Same eaglet after the fall and it flew to a tree next to the viewing area.

27120244156_281f7a1850_c.jpgB7 Bald Eagle 16 by Jason, on Flickr

27111541891_a9f727452c_c.jpgB7 Bald Eagle 1 by Jason, on Flickr

One of the eaglets coming in for a landing on their favorite perch.

26905403280_1190410352_c.jpgB7 Bald Eagle 7 by Jason, on Flickr

Carter likes this