Shiney_McShine

CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!

800 posts in this topic

With some recent rain, we've had some branches come down near the eagle nest viewing area.  There is a telephone pole that the approach camera for the nest is mounted to.  The college has also mounted a bluebird nesting box to the side of the pole.  The director of sustainability gathered up several larger branches and set them up near the nesting box and it's been a hit for the bluebirds to perch on.

Female Eastern Bluebird with nesting material in the morning light.

25989569781_57631fd0ba_c.jpgEBB 3 by Jason, on Flickr

Male Eastern Bluebird soaking up some morning sun.

25451127824_14ee673289_c.jpgEBB 4 by Jason, on Flickr

Male Eastern Bluebird in the afternoon light.  My favorite of the 3 shots.

26055902015_30e4ae7898_c.jpgEBB 1 by Jason, on Flickr

k-train likes this

Forgotten Classic

Shot this back in December while out in Joshua Tree. Stayed in an incredibly cool bungalow with tons of old cars, and big classic roadside neon signs all over the grounds. Plus, the owner built a bottle house on the property... a house where the walls are made from old beer & soda bottles, so when the light hits it from the sun outside, the whole interior of the bullding has a cool rainbow goow going on.

Welcome to the Bottlehouse

More arty stuff...

I created different patterns, printed them on paper & placed them under a shallow glass dish filled with water. I put some olive oil & dish soap into the water, stirred it around, and shot from directly above while hitting the pattern underneath with a bunch of light.

Sunny Side Up

RagePeach Fuzz

Sorry for blowing up the thread... been a looooooong time since I posted in here, so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

6 minutes ago, k-train said:

Sorry for blowing up the thread... been a looooooong time since I posted in here, so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Blow it up all you like.  I still have about 4 weekends of eagle pics that I haven't touched yet that I need to get to.

k-train likes this

The View from Lover's Leap

This was taken back in 2014, looking across the French Broad River & the town of Hot Springs, NC from a viewpoint on the Appalachian Trail known as Lover's Leap.

These are from a trip to Dominica in late March/early April of 2015

Welcome to the Emerald Pool

The Emerald Pool

Red Rocks no.1

The stunning beach at Red Rocks

The Textures of Time

Wild rock formations along the beach due to erosion from the tides

biloxifalcon likes this

More Dominica

Crystal Clear at Hodges Beach

Crystal clear waters at Hodges Beach... this beach was a short hike down a path from our cottage on a hill overlooking the ocean. We had the entire 2 miles or so of this beach to ourselves.

Right Place, Right Time

This was shot in the backyard of our cottage. Much like in Kauai, Hawaii it would rain just a little bit everyday, which would be followed by brilliantly cloudy skies w/ blues busting through & full, bright rainbows.

The Great Illuminator

This was one of the last shots I took of the most magnificent sunrise I have ever witnessed. I watched the clouds on the horizon break apart in ways I'd never seen before... in big square chunks rather than whipping apart like normal. The sky went from purple to orange to gold to a brilliantly even cast over everything. Then, it began to rain, but by the time I got to my camera bag to cover my gear, it had already stopped. When I looked up, there was a beautiful Care Bears looking rainbow going from one cloud to the next over our cottage. As I walked around the yard, all the flowers & plants were now kissed with tiny droplets of water from the brief rain & looked like something from a card you'd get for your grandma's birthday. It was really something else.

biloxifalcon likes this