Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shiney_McShine

CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!

800 posts in this topic

Went to Berry College today before classes start and came away with some new keepers. I forced myself to stay on the Main Campus (mostly) and shoot some things that I haven't before.

Waterfall feature at Berry. Of all the times that I've visited Berry, I've never walked over and checked it out, let alone photograph it.

14822283152_aec08a6a40_o.jpgBerry CollegeWaterfall 2 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

14842481473_7cb47a38b6_o.jpgBerry College Waterfall 1 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Audrey B. Morgan Hall

14635994969_e44e9a7015_o.jpgAudrey B Morgan Hall HDR 1 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

And a couple of deer that are all over the place out there....

14834123233_f81f001bc8_o.jpgBerry Deer 2 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

14814295415_cbcabdcdd0_o.jpgBerry Deer 6 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Googlywoogly likes this

The more that I read about this, the more that I want to upgrade from my 7D. The Mark II hits shelves in November. Just listen to those FPS being rattle off.

Can we get this going again? I love yall photos.

Id like to post some but I don't have a fancy camera and even after running them through a program to enhance them, they look like 3 year old drawings compared to these haha

Can we get this going again? I love yall photos.

Id like to post some but I don't have a fancy camera and even after running them through a program to enhance them, they look like 3 year old drawings compared to these haha

****, post away. A camera is only a small portion of it......the person behind the camera is a big piece. It's like going to a fancy restaurant and complimenting the chef by telling him/her that they must have an amazing oven. It's taken me a few years of practice and hard work, but i enjoy the **** out of it.

I haven't posted in here in a while, as I've been swamped with work, taking some classes, travel, etc. Since the pics I posted from Turkey, I've done a bunch (NC coast, NC mountains, USS North Carolina, and lots of artsy / strange things to help get used to shooting w/ remote flash triggers) & still need to go through some to catch up. Hopefully, I'll have more time & get a few things posted over here soon.

Here are a few from the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. My dad wanted to go as his birthday present a couple of months ago but wanted to wait until it cooled off. It was a really good day.

15196873090_1ec546bc49_h.jpgABG Orchid 4 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

15380369941_3ccc07c6e8_h.jpgABG Orchid 1 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

15360550736_ddcfa81d41_h.jpgABG Flower 1 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

15196883480_4389b825a9_h.jpgABG Cobra HDR by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Left my ND filter in the car, but I was able to pull off the shot without it.

15383260262_ea4105108e_h.jpgABG Cascades 1 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

k-train likes this

A5R4385276G_varsityvolleyball.jpg

this is the kind of work I am now doing. I wish they would have put up my fun picture. but this one is good as well. My fun picture I threw the net around them and made them with the attitude look.

k-train likes this

Here are a few from the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. My dad wanted to go as his birthday present a couple of months ago but wanted to wait until it cooled off. It was a really good day.

15196873090_1ec546bc49_h.jpgABG Orchid 4 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

15380369941_3ccc07c6e8_h.jpgABG Orchid 1 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

15360550736_ddcfa81d41_h.jpgABG Flower 1 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

15196883480_4389b825a9_h.jpgABG Cobra HDR by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Left my ND filter in the car, but I was able to pull off the shot without it.

15383260262_ea4105108e_h.jpgABG Cascades 1 by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Really like those macro shots, especially the 3rd one with the orange flower

A5R4385276G_varsityvolleyball.jpg

this is the kind of work I am now doing. I wish they would have put up my fun picture. but this one is good as well. My fun picture I threw the net around them and made them with the attitude look.

I started messing around with different lighting recently, so I'm curious... Did you have some big lights set up wide shining in toward the players? I'm just guessing based on the way the shadows from the net poles are hitting the bleachers in the back. Also, is that white reflection on the bleachers coming from your lights or the gym's lights?

I started messing around with different lighting recently, so I'm curious... Did you have some big lights set up wide shining in toward the players? I'm just guessing based on the way the shadows from the net poles are hitting the bleachers in the back. Also, is that white reflection on the bleachers coming from your lights or the gym's lights?

So I did not have umbrellas. so I turned the lights (two at an angle. pointed at them in a X). I wish I would have turned my ISO down a little, just to darken the background a little.

These lights are just some cheap work impact lights. they are 200 watts. I own some ELC 500 elinchroms that are crazy awesome. I just haven't had time to play with them.

Here are a couple from the local fair last night. They wouldn't let me take a tripod in as it was deemed a tripping hazard, so they were all hand held and the exposures were around 2 seconds.

15252059070_b5b8917bb1_h.jpgOrbiter by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

15415692796_b731f347dd_h.jpgFerris Wheel by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

nice job being hand held. that is a huge flaw of mine.
mookie3127 likes this

nice job being hand held. that is a huge flaw of mine.

Thanks. I'm sure I looked awkward as **** taking them. It was a case of propping up against something if I could, tucking my arms in close to my chest, and taking a deep breath and holding it.

and my apologies if I blow up the next page.....been doing a ton of shooting the past week and I have plenty to share.

I did a workshop last week in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and came away with some shots that I'm really pleased with.

This was on the way home just outside of a small town.

15568655442_0cfb5c2297_h.jpgBarn HDR by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Mingus Mill just outside of Cherokee, NC

15381660438_d78795c602_h.jpgMingus Mill HDR by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Flowing water below Mingus Mill

15565137071_f5764add4e_h.jpgMingus Mill Cascades by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

ukfalc likes this

These next 3 were at the Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont. Beautiful area. The leaf and bolts were on a foot bridge at the end of a 5 or so mile gravel road.

15568636282_4dafe0c402_h.jpgTremont Leaf by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Base of Spruce Flat Falls

15565124341_5192dce810_h.jpgSpruce Flat Falls by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Spruce Flat Falls

14947052844_619cbeea3f_h.jpgSpruce Flat Falls by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

ukfalc likes this

Mookie, I saw the above series in your Flickr feed & I gotta say that I think these are some of my favorites. Great shots, man!

Thanks! I learned a good bit about Photoshop while on the workshop and applied some of the techniques to these and am pleased with the results.

I also shot the Wings Over North Georgia Air Show yesterday. Here are some of my favorites from it. I ended up filling 1, 16GB card and about 12GB of another. I figured out that shooting RAW at 8FPS for 6 hours eats up cards fast.

15391746020_910d99d877_h.jpgDecal on a plane by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

15391237478_24f2651a4e_h.jpgSkydiver at opening ceremony by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

15577347695_c0fb4aa6f7_h.jpgGrumman OV-1 Mohawk by Jason Blalock, on Flickr

Shuswap likes this