Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shiney_McShine

CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!

800 posts in this topic

149zdow.jpg

So first go down to the bottom right of the picture. click on the "share" button. then click HTML. and then copy the link.

then copy here and paste. and post. If it doesn't show up then click the media button and insert it there.

but your problem is that you are not allowing it to be shared.

149zdow.jpg

So first go down to the bottom right of the picture. click on the "share" button. then click HTML. and then copy the link.

then copy here and paste. and post. If it doesn't show up then click the media button and insert it there.

but your problem is that you are not allowing it to be shared.

Gotcha! Thanks for figuring that out. I don't recall placing any sharing restrictions on those photos, but I guess it's good to know Flickr will do that, so other people can't easily use your photos without giving you credit.

Ok. So, I was already doing everything you mentioned & was getting nothing. So, I checked the permissions on those photos & they are not restricted. I have no idea why they won't show.

What's really odd is that when I copy the HTML code & paste it here, the photo shows up in the preview of my post, but once I submit the post, the image is no longer there... just a bunch of text.

I'll figure it out. I'll try it tomorrow if i have a minute. I had that happen to ne a few times and can't remember what i had to do to fix it.

k-train likes this

Just started following you on Flickr, UK. You've got some great shots!

Thanks. I still gave a huge amount to learn and I need to branch out a bit though. I have a lot of bird photos and not much else.

Been trying to find a field to do that in for a couple years. Still haven't found a good one.

Been trying to find a field to do that in for a couple years. Still haven't found a good one.

I took it last week while I was Eagle watching at Berry College. There's a small field that's starting to grow up that's part of the "protected" area that we aren't supposed to go into. There was some decent light and I thought it'd make for a good shot.

Eastern Bluebird checking out a nesting box near the Eagle nest at Berry College. The nesting box is actually mounted to the pole that the approach cam is affixed to.

14230153291_075b1acd99_b.jpg

ukfalc likes this

I was going to give it a shot on trying to putting your pictures up. but your html is still blocked.

You might still be wanting to have it to where no one can share your pictures. so here is some ideas

1. watermark them. and if you are worried about someone doing a crop, then water mark it in the middle.

2. make copies of low res Jpeg. in lightroom you can make it where it is just for the internet with a one click export to that setting. and you can have multiple settings. one for internet with low res jpeg. one for flickr that is best you can do it. etc etc etc.

3. or you can screen shot your pictures after you uploaded them. then go to paint. crop it in paint. then upload it on tinypic.com.

- but I still prefer putting it on that lightroom setting.

if you need to know how. I can send you a really good link explaining it.

and if you end up sharing your pictures. let me know. and I'll see how you have to do it and let you know.

14189170706_9ce7b1a019_z.jpg

Eagle Landscape by Ukfalc, on Flickr

14209899372_819ae566ea_z.jpg

Eagle Portrait 2 by Ukfalc, on Flickr

what F and shutter speed did you use?

and was it pretty bright out?

reason I ask is when I did the shots of the falcon dome. I had to use a shutter speed of 250 or less. then my F I was having to put it on 3 or lower. then my iso I had to bump up to 500 just so I could increase my shutter speed to 250.

I almost feel like there is a setting my camera is in and I don't know how to change it. because it was really bright in there and I shouldn't have had that problem. I could see if it was dim lighting and candles and etc, but that wasn't the case at all.

- I thought I could change to matrix mode and that would help. but I could not see a difference.

thanks to anyone who helps.

(I have a nikon D7000. F1.8 lense. and then a ultra wide angle lense tokina 11-16m F2.8.)

what F and shutter speed did you use?

and was it pretty bright out?

reason I ask is when I did the shots of the falcon dome. I had to use a shutter speed of 250 or less. then my F I was having to put it on 3 or lower. then my iso I had to bump up to 500 just so I could increase my shutter speed to 250.

I almost feel like there is a setting my camera is in and I don't know how to change it. because it was really bright in there and I shouldn't have had that problem. I could see if it was dim lighting and candles and etc, but that wasn't the case at all.

- I thought I could change to matrix mode and that would help. but I could not see a difference.

thanks to anyone who helps.

(I have a nikon D7000. F1.8 lense. and then a ultra wide angle lense tokina 11-16m F2.8.)

They were taken in the shade. I used the flash to light up the bird and darken the background. The shutter speed was 1/200 with the flash. I had to bump the aperture up to F14 at 300mm focal length, to get enough depth of field to keep the eyes and beak in focus, which meant ISO 400.

One thing I noticed in the dome before, is that it doesn't seem to let a lot of light in for photography purposes, even though it seems bright to the naked eye. My last photos there were were quite dark.

They were taken in the shade. I used the flash to light up the bird and darken the background. The shutter speed was 1/200 with the flash. I had to bump the aperture up to F14 at 300mm focal length, to get enough depth of field to keep the eyes and beak in focus, which meant ISO 400.

One thing I noticed in the dome before, is that it doesn't seem to let a lot of light in for photography purposes, even though it seems bright to the naked eye. My last photos there were were quite dark.

thank you very much. so maybe it is just the dome and not a camera setting. thanks

Last night I went to view the meteor shower all night. I thought I wanted to do time lapsing. but then I got into taking other pictures. There were just a couple clouds in the sky. but one just stayed and never moved. An astronomer beside me said, "that's not a cloud, it's the milky way". I did not know you could see it in Georgia. (I was in Washington basically at deerlick astronomy). I have a ton of pictures and just started editing but it it came out amazing.

if you look at the center of the picture and slightly left, you'll see a shooting star.

if you look in the milky way you can see a galaxy and a nebula. I wish I could show it as better quality, but this is the best I can get out there. but when viewing it as DNG/RAW, it is amazing at what all you can see.

NOW HERE IS WHAT IS AWESOME, (if the picture wasn't already awesome enough). I was playing with the red colour settings and seeing what it would pull out. well at the bottom left you see what it pulled out. It pulled out a northern light. I then did the rest and it did. I looked at the picture before and after, and it is there just different wavy. If you look at the northern lights and zoom in on that part in my picture it is exactly that. I called the astronomer place and they are looking into it, but he said he already feels it is because of the before and after picture showing it waving and also because there is sharp lines that go up and down to create the wave. the only reason they are looking into it more, is because having this in Georgia is rare enough BUT there was nothing of solar flares going on. Also to add to more, WTF. it is perfectly in the Aurora Australis (southern lights instead of the Aurora borelasis/northern lights).

So of course I put a watermark on this since it is very likely I'm going to find out I got the Auroa Australis in it. and the rarity is awesome. and I'm thinking I might be able to sell this.

ukfalc likes this

A few from Saturday at the Eagles nest at Berry College.

"B3" stretching his/her wings on its 3rd day of flying.

14075790610_98b2124dfc_b.jpg

Mom hating the Georgia heat while a Blue Jay (over her right shoulder) was dive bombing her.

14075744109_95f839524c_b.jpg

An Eastern Bluebird checking out a nesting box.

14261920824_ea897224f5_b.jpg

ukfalc and Falcon@Denmark like this

Looking forward to having tomorrow off. I'm planning on heading out to the Eagle's nest to see if there's any morning activity and then running up to Carter's Lake to shoot some Osprey.