Shiney_McShine

CALLING ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS!!!

801 posts in this topic

Much better lighting today at Berry College for the Eagles.

This is the male bringing in a stick for the nest. He got to see his first hatched chick of the season after landing in the nest.

12708528085_67ca131bcb_b.jpg

I was worried about those birds during the last ice event. I felt sorry for them sitting in that nest getting covered up with sleet. Glad to see they made it through.

I was worried about those birds during the last ice event. I felt sorry for them sitting in that nest getting covered up with sleet. Glad to see they made it through.

They fared well. It was closer to what they're used to. We had one egg hatch on Saturday and are hopeful that the 2nd will hatch in the next 24-48 hours.

Googlywoogly likes this

Speaking of experimental/artistic photography, here's a fun little project for a rainy day...

and here's my set from when I did it about a year ago. Some aren't that great, but there are a few that I really like.

I'll be trying this soon. Thanks

I think I'm gonna be making the jump to a full frame system really, really soon. I'm trying to jump on a cheap, used Nikon D600 body before the prices start flying up again.

Almost 2 years ago, when that camera was launched, the bodies alone were going for $2k. While amazingly cheap for a brand new full frame DSLR, it's still a good chunk of change. Unfortunately for many, there were reports early & often that people were experiencing an unusually high amount of dust getting on the sensor, as well as oil from the shutter mechanism.

Rather than admit a problem & do a recall, Nikon just offered to clean the sensors for free... but this meant users had to go without their camera for a while. Nikon skirted around the issue, saying that the problem should run its course after the first couple thousand actuations of the shutter.

Less than a year after the release of the D600, and while still never admitting a problem with the D600 shutter mech. or offering any real help w/ the issue, Nikon released the D610. The 610 was essentially the D600 with a new & improved shutter mechanism & a just slightly higher frame rate. So, basically the same camera, just with the issues fixed... even though they still refused to admit there was an issue... and less than a year later.

Understandably, D600 owners were pizzed & felt like their cameras were now next to worthless. Suddenly, D600 bodies were selling for as low as $1250.

Then, out of the blue just a few days ago, Nikon issued a statement that they will now clean the sensors & replace the shutters in ALL D600s... whether still under warranty or not... and they will cover the shipping both ways. Props to Nikon for pulling their head out of their azz and doing the right thing.

However, now the prices for these cameras are already rapidly climbing after the news of the factory repairs happened. I've been watching these like a hawk for the last several days on Ebay, hoping to land one at a good price. A week ago, you couldn't give one of those away, but now there is a mad rush on them.

was told i should put this here. had no idea this thread even existed.

during snowpacolyps i walked outside and looked at my car and saw this and figured it might make a decent picture.

zwua3UE.jpg

I think I'm gonna be making the jump to a full frame system really, really soon. I'm trying to jump on a cheap, used Nikon D600 body before the prices start flying up again.

Almost 2 years ago, when that camera was launched, the bodies alone were going for $2k. While amazingly cheap for a brand new full frame DSLR, it's still a good chunk of change. Unfortunately for many, there were reports early & often that people were experiencing an unusually high amount of dust getting on the sensor, as well as oil from the shutter mechanism.

Rather than admit a problem & do a recall, Nikon just offered to clean the sensors for free... but this meant users had to go without their camera for a while. Nikon skirted around the issue, saying that the problem should run its course after the first couple thousand actuations of the shutter.

Less than a year after the release of the D600, and while still never admitting a problem with the D600 shutter mech. or offering any real help w/ the issue, Nikon released the D610. The 610 was essentially the D600 with a new & improved shutter mechanism & a just slightly higher frame rate. So, basically the same camera, just with the issues fixed... even though they still refused to admit there was an issue... and less than a year later.

Understandably, D600 owners were pizzed & felt like their cameras were now next to worthless. Suddenly, D600 bodies were selling for as low as $1250.

Then, out of the blue just a few days ago, Nikon issued a statement that they will now clean the sensors & replace the shutters in ALL D600s... whether still under warranty or not... and they will cover the shipping both ways. Props to Nikon for pulling their head out of their azz and doing the right thing.

However, now the prices for these cameras are already rapidly climbing after the news of the factory repairs happened. I've been watching these like a hawk for the last several days on Ebay, hoping to land one at a good price. A week ago, you couldn't give one of those away, but now there is a mad rush on them.

Trade in all that Nikon stuff for Canon. BOOM! Problem solved!

tasty-threads-come-to-the-dark-side-we-have-bacon-red-print-smooth-square-mousepad-with-non-skid-base_2401_500.jpg

I love my d7000. I got it off craigslist at a very low price with two good glass pieces and a great f1.8 glass piece.

It's gong to be a long time until i think of upgrading that camera.

Trade in all that Nikon stuff for Canon. BOOM! Problem solved!

tasty-threads-come-to-the-dark-side-we-have-bacon-red-print-smooth-square-mousepad-with-non-skid-base_2401_500.jpg

every time i mess with a canon i want to break it.

Then again my sister in law says she is a photographer.and makes good money. And she has no clue when i talk to her about focal spots and etc.

So that could be the reason why i hate it. I do better then she does, yet she is out making money. Lol

every time i mess with a canon i want to break it.

Then again my sister in law says she is a photographer.and makes good money. And she has no clue when i talk to her about focal spots and etc.

So that could be the reason why i hate it. I do better then she does, yet she is out making money. Lol

Yeah....I do it strictly as a hobby with a couple of local arts and crafts shows mixed in each year. I don't want it to get to the point that I wake up dreading that I have to go photograph so and so with the demon child that likes to grab my lens. However, I do take it as a serious hobby and strive to be the best that I can be. I'm currently waiting very impatiently for B&H Photo to get a shipment of the new Tamron 150-600 lens in so that they can ship the one I pre-ordered. I really need to get back into things. Except for the local eagles, I haven't done a whole lot in the last 6+ months. I guess that's a pro of having it as a hobby. The local photo club has an early morning outing this Saturday to Little River Canyon and Falls this Saturday, so maybe that will light a fire for me.

But in regards to Canon vs. Nikon....the both make good stuff and quality glass. It's kind of like Apple/Andriod or PC/Mac and fun to cut up with others about.

k-train likes this