OTAs start this coming Monday!!! Bring'em on

Coach Smith:   We ll start our OTAs on Monday, which is one week from today. We ll go from May 19th to June 19th and will work two, three or four days a week.

I love OTAs. Until pads get on you don't know for sure how many of these young  players are really going to do in 2008, but it's still great to hear daily reports out of Flowery Branch during OTAs on how the secondary is coming along, how the wr's are picking up the playbook, how some of the youngsters are picking up the blocking schemes and who's playing where.

As far as I'm concerned, we can't get started soon enough.

gazoo (5/12/2008)

Coach Smith:   We ll start our OTAs on Monday, which is one week from today. We ll go from May 19th to June 19th and will work two, three or four days a week.

I love OTAs. Until pads get on you don't know for sure how many of these young  players are really going to do in 2008, but it's still great to hear daily reports out of Flowery Branch during OTAs on how the secondary is coming along, how the wr's are picking up the playbook, how some of the youngsters are picking up the blocking schemes and who's playing where.

As far as I'm concerned, we can't get started soon enough.

I agree!  I usually count down my spring/summer months using the "Important Falcon Dates" method:  Feb- Pro Bowl (I usually haven't seen a Falcon play for a month, look forward to it), March-Sadness, April-DRAFT!!, May& June- OTA's, July-TRAINING CAMP!!!, August-PRESEASON!!!!!!!, SEPTEMBER- All is right in the world!

falconchef

I agree!  I usually count down my spring/summer months using the "Important Falcon Dates" method:  Feb- Pro Bowl (I usually haven't seen a Falcon play for a month, look forward to it), March-Sadness, April-DRAFT!!, May& June- OTA's, July-TRAINING CAMP!!!, August-PRESEASON!!!!!!!, SEPTEMBER- All is right in the world!

After no football for several months, I'm Jonesing for Flowery branch reports bad!

foreveriloveatlanta (5/12/2008)
So the OTAs are just mini-camp with pads on?  I always thought they were just conditioning and lifting practices, but I don't know.  Just always what I thought they were. 

No pads and no tackling, but they lift weights, run, run all kinds of drills with the different squads while implementing the playbook. It's going through all the motions of plays without major contact as well as working on fundamentals.

Musgrave will be working his magic on Ryan's fundamentals, the wr's and qbs will be working on running crisp patterns and getting their timing down together, the secondary will gte puit together which is an area I will really be focusing on..

kdkane79 (5/13/2008)
Can fans go to the OTA's? I might be in flowery branch during that time and I would love to go see one of these OTA's. I've never been there before.

I've never heard of OTA's being open to the public... the Falcons were being very generous by opening up the Mini-Camp this past weekend.

aerosmith67 (5/13/2008)
kdkane79 (5/13/2008)
Can fans go to the OTA's? I might be in flowery branch during that time and I would love to go see one of these OTA's. I've never been there before.

I've never heard of OTA's being open to the public... the Falcons were being very generous by opening up the Mini-Camp this past weekend.

exactly, they normally do it like minicamp and post camera's around the site so fans can see.

UPDATE

There are a few videos up on AF.com one I liked was with Matt Ryan he said that he is here for good as in moved here and will be here throughout the OTA's when asked about his contract he said, that was off the field stuff, and he was here to work and get better. Wow that is way different than what we have heard around here in the past.

emt861 (5/19/2008)
UPDATE

There are a few videos up on AF.com one I liked was with Matt Ryan he said that he is here for good as in moved here and will be here throughout the OTA's when asked about his contract he said, that was off the field stuff, and he was here to work and get better. Wow that is way different than what we have heard around here in the past.

There is no doubt in my mind he is extremely dedicated and will be a leader in preparation as well as in the huddle. Everything I've heard about him to date suggest he will be a consummate professional on and off the field.

I also think he;s strong enough to deal with the id.iots within the fanbase that wish him to fail and already call him a bust and a failure and then come out and claim they are just "criticizing" him.  Wishing him  to fail is not a criticism, it's heracy if you call yourself a loyal fan.

gazoo (5/19/2008)
emt861 (5/19/2008)
UPDATE

There is no doubt in my mind he is extremely dedicated and will be a leader in preparation as well as in the huddle. Everything I've heard about him to date suggest he will be a consummate professional on and off the field.

I also think he;s strong enough to deal with the id.iots within the fanbase that wish him to fail and already call him a bust and a failure and then come out and claim they are just "criticizing" him.  Wishing him  to fail is not a criticism, it's heracy if you call yourself a loyal fan.

You are preaching to the choir.  But amen anyway