My top mini-camp observation

Went to the PM Sunday practice, it was windy as **** and the girl and I got in a huge argument b/c I made her sit through it, but I needed to see my falcons, rain or shine, wind or not...

The main, most important observation I saw was COACHING. In years past minicamp was very different. This year I saw coaches in the formation with the players, talking them up and making sure they're in the right position, if ANYONE was NOT technically sound on that rep the coach was in there face correcting and demonstrating the proper technique.

This was really awesome to see and makes me feel hopeful. Regardless of how anyone feels about how we handled FA and the Draft, we definitely built a great coaching staff and we may finally have a team that's coached UP and have players that play beyond their level.

I agree, went to Saturday AM practice...........organized, up tempo, coaches everywhere coaching....was my first trip and I was impresed with the staff. If nothing else we may have our best staff in many years. Good to see Brookings smileing again and at the "will" wher IMO he belongs.

Oh yeh... with half the people on the board being negative towards the Matt Ryan pick... Just about everyone is absolutely stoked to have Lofton starting at MLB and brooking going back to WLB... That's perfect IMO then when Brooking's gone we have Nicholas or James in the wings ready to go...

If we can get a Tommie Harris-esque DT next year we should be set on D for the next 5-10 years once we find a beast of a replacement for Abraham when he's gone unless Jamaal explodes and becomes the LE we hope he can be...

atlfalcon36 (5/12/2008)
Went to the PM Sunday practice, it was windy as **** and the girl and I got in a huge argument b/c I made her sit through it, but I needed to see my falcons, rain or shine, wind or not...

The main, most important observation I saw was COACHING. In years past minicamp was very different. This year I saw coaches in the formation with the players, talking them up and making sure they're in the right position, if ANYONE was NOT technically sound on that rep the coach was in there face correcting and demonstrating the proper technique.

This was really awesome to see and makes me feel hopeful. Regardless of how anyone feels about how we handled FA and the Draft, we definitely built a great coaching staff and we may finally have a team that's coached UP and have players that play beyond their level.

That's really great to hear about the coaching.

Good coaching is always a plus in my book.