Definition Of Short --- Michael Turner

It's curious why so many teams passed this guy by. Could be they were wary of the small school defenses he faced, but 12 backs were picked ahead of him. Easy to understand why Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones went earlier, but Cedric Cobbs and Mewelde Moore? In case anyone forgot, we passed on him 12 picks earlier in the 5th round for the somewhat forgettable Chad Lavalais.

Great combination of power and speed. Outstanding body lean....always goes forward. Closest thing to JAM we've had. Would'nt compare him to an emmit smith....I actually like the burner better, especially if he would have run behind a cowboys line.

He is going to be great, especially with norwood.

iDash (5/11/2008)
Drew down at Jacksonville-Moves-Speed-OL

I wanted to draft him.

Turner- none of the above

If he makes it pass the line of scrimmage , I will be shocked

But in your sig you are boasting on Baker, would not your above statement reflect that he is not getting the job done if Turner cannot get out of the backfield? If Baker is any good Tuner will be fine, if he's not we have a problem.

if you watch the video of Norwood running our line WAS opening some holes mostly on the right side of the line but if you really look there are some holes. I for one don't think that our line was a bad last year as everyone thinks. Yes we gave up sacks but we should have done better running the ball. Some sacks are caused by the QB not always by poor blocking.

Yeah even when we led the league in rushing, I missed the physical style we used to have here with guys like Jam, Andrews, and Riggs. I hope he can plant defensive backs in the dirt like Jam used to do. I don't think I have ever seen a RB get his pads lower than Jam and just plant people. Andrews could hurt people too (best hit I ever saw he put on Ronnie Lott). Riggs was just HUGE and that guy hardly ever got tackled behind the LOS: he was always going to get a few more yards after contact.

I am really pumped about our backfield this year. Also I hope we get to see Ovie run the ball too in short yardage.

FalconFanForLife (6/4/2008)
Yeah even when we led the league in rushing, I missed the physical style we used to have here with guys like Jam, Andrews, and Riggs. I hope he can plant defensive backs in the dirt like Jam used to do. I don't think I have ever seen a RB get his pads lower than Jam and just plant people. Andrews could hurt people too (best hit I ever saw he put on Ronnie Lott). Riggs was just HUGE and that guy hardly ever got tackled behind the LOS: he was always going to get a few more yards after contact.

I am really pumped about our backfield this year. Also I hope we get to see Ovie run the ball too in short yardage.

Oh wow Jam had one of the nastiest stiff arms of all time.  He shot that thing out like a battering ram.  And his awareness was outstanding.  I watched on Comcast the replay of our 1998 season. LOL got emotional when Morten kicked the field goal to send us to the SB, anyways, It showed a run I can't remember who it was against, but he ran off left tackle and stiff armed some LB to the ground and then kept it moving and stiff armed another dude. Tiptoed down the sideline switched balls from his left to right hand and put it over the pilon AMAZING.