Big Dukes camp notes 1st practice

Big Duke 6

Matt Ryan: They started with some passing drills.He put the ball on the wrs leading shoulder almost every throw.When they brought the dbs in on the drills he changed up a little and could place the ball where only the wrs could get it.I really liked how he could change up his approach.The 7 on 7 drills he had very good accuracey to.There he gambled a little more.Some throws he split defenders with completions.Not many long balls.He had a long TD to douglas in the end zone from the other 45.Big shot over the shoulder.The defender was lost.45 yard shot over the shoulder tip toeing the line was very impressive from douglas.Didnt look like a rooky.Ryan had some dropped balls.Theres a lot of rookys and freeagents from past years so there are some questionable hands out there.Time seemed to be spent on getting him reps a little more than redman and joey.Passing situations looks like we will have a lot of single back and 3 wide formations.There was some shotgun with hbacks and rbs back for blocking/screens.Overall it looked like they were simply loosening up really.Nothing fancey or difficult.

Turner:He really reminds me of jamal anderson.The way he bounced between the tackles was low and fast.The running formations had a lot of tes and he looked at home in a big set.

Roddy White:Roddy is the best wr we have and it shows more now than the past.He made a catch 35 yards deep on the sideline falling and caught it inches off the ground.Amazing catch and in typical white fashion he dropped the next easy pass.He is more consistant now than the past though.

Just going to give a couple f thoughts last.Jimmy was 2nd string fs.Douglas looks like he could be slot wr week one to me.Great hands and elusive.Rashad Moore udfa from tenn. at Dtackle is a monster.His size stuck out.Zinger the te from la. made a very impressive catch.Caught me off guard.Milner is all over the place with hback and te duty.He looked very good.Lofton is a stout lb.He looked a little lost though.1st practice so we will let it go.Stone was 2nd string ss and decoud was 3rd ss which caught me off guard.They switched oline positions and personnel I couldnt keep up.Babs and moorehead are starting tackles.Redman had a couple of ints........joey looked alright.I hope to go sunday morning maybe even later today.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all marked well.They want 5 to park at the school across the street.10;30 morning 430 afternoon.There were so many short passes didnt se a lot from the corners.Actually fontenut madea nice break on a redman pass.Hutchins was left corner.

bigduke633 (5/10/2008)
Matt Ryan: They started with some passing drills.He put the ball on the wrs leading shoulder almost every throw.When they brought the dbs in on the drills he changed up a little and could place the ball where only the wrs could get it.I really liked how he could change up his approach.The 7 on 7 drills he had very good accuracey to.There he gambled a little more.Some throws he split defenders with completions.Not many long balls.He had a long TD to douglas in the end zone from the other 45.Big shot over the shoulder.The defender was lost.45 yard shot over the shoulder tip toeing the line was very impressive from douglas.Didnt look like a rooky.Ryan had some dropped balls.Theres a lot of rookys and freeagents from past years so there are some questionable hands out there.Time seemed to be spent on getting him reps a little more than redman and joey.Passing situations looks like we will have a lot of single back and 3 wide formations.There was some shotgun with hbacks and rbs back for blocking/screens.Overall it looked like they were simply loosening up really.Nothing fancey or difficult.

Turner:He really reminds me of jamal anderson.The way he bounced between the tackles was low and fast.The running formations had a lot of tes and he looked at home in a big set.

Roddy White:Roddy is the best wr we have and it shows more now than the past.He made a catch 35 yards deep on the sideline falling and caught it inches off the ground.Amazing catch and in typical white fashion he dropped the next easy pass.He is more consistant now than the past though.

Just going to give a couple f thoughts last.Jimmy was 2nd string fs.Douglas looks like he could be slot wr week one to me.Great hands and elusive.Rashad Moore udfa from tenn. at Dtackle is a monster.His size stuck out.Zinger the te from la. made a very impressive catch.Caught me off guard.Milner is all over the place with hback and te duty.He looked very good.Lofton is a stout lb.He looked a little lost though.1st practice so we will let it go.Stone was 2nd string ss and decoud was 3rd ss which caught me off guard.They switched oline positions and personnel I couldnt keep up.Babs and moorehead are starting tackles.Redman had a couple of ints........joey looked alright.I hope to go sunday morning maybe even later today.

That long pass from ryan in the endzone was intercepted, looked like #29 or 20 who intercepted it.  He had a ball batted down at the line too.  DJ threw great in practice, the crowd went nuts on a couple difficult throws and catches DJ was involved in.  The last 30 minutes DJ didn't get anymore reps because of it being his first practice running an offensive drills sense the injury.

Prior to mini-camps, Duke says Ryan is our best QB. Low and behold, Dukes mini-camp report states Ryan looked amazing and with poor reports on other QBs.

Buckeyes is in love with DJ Shockley and hypes him up before mini-camp, and now he reports just how amazing Shockley was in mini-camp.

The Falcon Ace (5/10/2008)
Prior to mini-camps, Duke says Ryan is our best QB. Low and behold, Dukes mini-camp report states Ryan looked amazing and with poor reports on other QBs.

Buckeyes is in love with DJ Shockley and hypes him up before mini-camp, and now he reports just how amazing Shockley was in mini-camp.

Yeah....I caught the Bias also....

From all of the different reports....it sounds as all the QB's looked decent.

Falcon ace knows and he wasnt even there!Hes better than I am.I didnt even see dj throw honestly.If he did it was very little.I dont think he did.Did I need a crystal ball to figure ryan is our guy?Joey looked alright and redman did OK.Redman had a pick and 2 or 3 other picks dropped.If you dont believe thats cool.Ive been to camps over the 70s,80s,90s to the present.Just shareing my opinion.

bigduke633 (5/10/2008)
The only int I saw redman threw.They change qbs pretty fast sometimes its hard to know who threw it and watch the catch.I didnt see ryan throw a int all day.

I didn't see the one redman threw.  The dbacks were really covering the recievers pretty good.  Maybe it was redman and not ryan but I thought it was #2.

bigduke633 (5/10/2008)
Falcon ace knows and he wasnt even there!Hes better than I am.I didnt even see dj throw honestly.If he did it was very little.I dont think he did.Did I need a crystal ball to figure ryan is our guy?Joey looked alright and redman did OK.Redman had a pick and 2 or 3 other picks dropped.If you dont believe thats cool.Ive been to camps over the 70s,80s,90s to the present.Just shareing my opinion.

I am not saying anything. I just find it ironic how what you were saying prior to minicamp is was supposedly happened on the field to an exact T.

Yeah I remember a throw he made early but they pulled him.Some throw I wasnt sure of because of the pace.They switched fast in the drills.To say ryan was great would be overstateing.They really didnt do much other than short passes.Their were only a handfull of long passes.I thought ryan long great at the bootlegs!Its early and if you support him apparently your a homer.

buckeyes (5/10/2008)
bigduke633 (5/10/2008)

That long pass from ryan in the endzone was intercepted, looked like #29 or 20 who intercepted it. He had a ball batted down at the line too. DJ threw great in practice, the crowd went nuts on a couple difficult throws and catches DJ was involved in. The last 30 minutes DJ didn't get anymore reps because of it being his first practice running an offensive drills sense the injury.

Thank you very much! I was curious and interested to see how he was doing.

bigduke633 (5/10/2008)
Yeah I remember a throw he made early but they pulled him.Some throw I wasnt sure of because of the pace.They switched fast in the drills.To say ryan was great would be overstateing.They really didnt do much other than short passes.Their were only a handfull of long passes.I thought ryan long great at the bootlegs!Its early and if you support him apparently your a homer.

I didn't say anything about you being a homer, I just found it odd how what you say prior to minicamps turns into the exact same thing you say after mini-camps.

bigduke633 (5/10/2008)

Some of the things your saying leads me to believe you were not there.  DJ throw alot up until 7 on 7 and it was ryan not redman that was intercepted in the endzone.  Ryan did not throw a TD pass.

buckeyes (5/10/2008)
bigduke633 (5/10/2008)

Some of the things your saying leads me to believe you were not there.  DJ throw alot up until 7 on 7 and it was ryan not redman that was intercepted in the endzone.  Ryan did not throw a TD pass.

Well mabe the qb was wrong.It happens discribe the catch and tell me I was wrong.If you didnt make it to 7 on 7 you didnt throw a lot.