The Falcons' blind faith in 'King Arthurism' may again put the organization at stake...

With Matt Ryan soon to be committed on paper, the only thing left to decide is who will start at the quarterback position at the beginning of the season? While the obvious choice may be to allow Matt Ryan to learn from the sidelines and permit Chris Redman to continue his success from last year, King Arthur may have different notions.

The signs our blatant, King Arthur wants his riches and jewels and he wants them now. Matt Ryan was not drafted with the sole intention of bettering the troubled franchise, but rather he was picked as a 'quick face-lift' to a franchise marred by the departure of Bobby Petrino and Michael Vick. A quick face-lift means easy pocket change. Matt Ryan will entice doubtful season-ticket owners to renew their subscription.

However, though Matt Ryan may a quick fix for the two aforementioned wounds, can Matt Ryan repair the most damaged image fans and players hold for the Falcons? That is, can Matt Ryan instate a winning reputation for the team?

The answer is, it is possible but not probable. Wealth is power, hence the saying, 'power of the purse', and King Arthur may have a few demands he wants to impose on the team. Though Matt Ryan did allow King Arthur s deep pockets to sag a little, King Arthur is still finding himself asking, can I squeeze a little more out of this investment?

Now, with any investment, there is a function of time involved. An investor may choose to cash out right off the bat and earn a few dollars here and there. Or he may choose to leave the investment alone, and let it grow. King Arthur's choice is likely the first option, and that means letting Matt Ryan start on day one.

What good is having a new toy to play with if you can't show it off? That may be exactly what King Arthur is thinking. After all, HE drafted Matt Ryan. With Matt Ryan starting, he can definitely attract a few bandwagoner fans to the dome, thus earning himself a little bonus.

Though, while starting Matt Ryan from the get go may earn a few extra coins, it doesn t come without a cost. With King Arthur intent on lifting the 'face' of the franchise rather than lifting the 'integrity' of the franchise, the franchise will still linger at the tails of the NFC south. The Falcons' line has yet to see improvement and King Arthur might as well throw Matt Ryan to the wolves.

What good will a facelift do you if your personality is still abominable? Well, for one, you ll certainly attract attention to yourself. Just look at the headlines about the Falcons drafting Matt Ryan, 'Pick of Ryan gives Falcons a franchise face-lift,' or 'Blank hopes Ryan can restore Falcons image.' The media sure loves it when a team has a new 'face' or 'image.' Furthermore, you ll attract a lot of bandwagoner fans and fans that come to see out the new 'face'.

But, if all King Arthur cares about is a quick fix and a new 'face', he can never build a successful franchise. He may have attached a new face but the body is sadly still the same.

Youre a Vick fan who instead of trying to be positive, you attack Arthur Blank with nothing more than opinion and conjecture, no fact.

NFL owners are RICH and Blank was already rich before he bought this team and he will be rich whenever he sells the team.

Your fantasy posts, just like many others with the same agenda, just prove that you have no concern or hope for the Falcons as long as your hero isnt part of the team.

Blank has taken what the majority of the fans and the media agree are the proper steps towards building a team for the future that will be a contender year in and year out.  Yet the Vick agenda group cant be happy for the team, they have to attack and criticize Blank, TD, Smith, Ryan, anything they can to show that they only had a single player in mind when they chose to root for this team.

If you dont like the owner or the product, get off the bandwagon and support another team.

norwood-32 (5/9/2008)
falcons4life (5/9/2008)
Your agenda is showing.
What agenda and what's wrong with having an agenda/opinions?

When your opinion is based around whatever suits your purpose and you have not a single fact to back your opinion, there is something wrong.

You provide NO facts to back up your opinion, and that is why no one here respects you.

falcons4life (5/9/2008)
Youre a Vick fan who instead of trying to be positive, you attack Arthur Blank with nothing more than opinion and conjecture, no fact.

NFL owners are RICH and Blank was already rich before he bought this team and he will be rich whenever he sells the team.

Your fantasy posts, just like many others with the same agenda, just prove that you have no concern or hope for the Falcons as long as your heroisnt part of the team.

Blank has taken what the majority of the fans and the media agree are the proper steps towards building a team for the future that will be a contender year in and year out. Yet the Vick agenda group cant be happy for the team, they have to attack and criticize Blank, TD, Smith, Ryan, anything they can to show that they only had a single player in mind when they chose to root for this team.

If you dont like the owner or the product, get off the bandwagon and support another team.

King Arthur may be rich, but that doesn't me that he couldn't use a few extra dollars. As a businessman, he's always looking to make more. My post had nothing to do with Vick and was more about if King Arthur and Matt Ryan and how King Arthur may choose to start Ryan for a few extra bucks.

falcons4life (5/9/2008)

Your fantasy posts, just like many others with the same agenda, just prove that you have no concern or hope for the Falcons as long as your heroisnt part of the team.

Blank has taken what the majority of the fans and the media agree are the proper steps towards building a team for the future that will be a contender year in and year out. Yet the Vick agenda group cant be happy for the team, they have to attack and criticize Blank, TD, Smith, Ryan, anything they can to show that they only had a single player in mind when they chose to root for this team.

boy thats funny. i didn't see vick mentioned in his opinion. to put it short, he thinks until we prove we are a better team we shouldn't break the shiny new toy just out the box till the pieces around it are better.

birdz4i (5/9/2008)
falcons4life (5/9/2008)

boy thats funny. i didn't see vick mentioned in his opinion. to put it short, he thinks until we prove we are a better team we shouldn't break the shiny new toy just out the box till the pieces around it are better.

Dude, I can't believe it! You are the first guy that ever gets my posts! Thanks man! Good summary too.

birdz4i (5/9/2008)
falcons4life (5/9/2008)

He has been banned under numerous names. In his current one is jsettle 44. Under both this name and his others, he has ridiculed Matt Ryan. Claiming he is the next Joey Harrington, WILL BE a bust, and is the biggest mistake in Falcons history.

birdz4i (5/9/2008)
falcons4life (5/9/2008)

Neither did I. I saw someone mad that we didn't build a foundation on the oline. I saw someone who thinks we got Ryan solely to put a new face on the franchise.

This team could turn out to be like the cowboys that jimmy johnson took over.

He has been banned under numerous names. In his current one is jsettle 44. Under both this name and his others, he has ridiculed Matt Ryan. Claiming he is the next Joey Harrington, WILL BE a bust, and is the biggest mistake in Falcons history.

Ace,

Before this goes ANY further... I am not norwood-32! We may share similar insights about the falcons, but we are not the same person...;);)

Neither did I. I saw someone mad that we didn't build a foundation on the oline. I saw someone who thinks we got Ryan solely to put a new face on the franchise.

This team could turn out to be like the cowboys that jimmy johnson took over.

Doom,

This Falcons team is nowhere near the Cowboys team of 1988. THAT IS A FAULTY COMPARISON--in all due respect. We have so many holes on defense and offense, there will be NO miraculous turnaround in the near future.. especially if PROJECT RYAN is the QB..

This team will take their lumps like the 1-15  1989 Cowboys team, but they will never learn from their mistakes with Matt Ryan as the 'franchise' player..

jsettle 44 (5/9/2008)

Doom,

This Falcons team is nowhere near the Cowboys team of 1988. THAT IS A FAULTY COMPARISON--in all due respect. We have so many holes on defense and offense, there will be NO miraculous turnaround in the near future.. especially if PROJECT RYAN is the QB..

This team will take their lumps like the 1-15  1989 Cowboys team, but they will never learn from their mistakes with Matt Ryan as the 'franchise' player..

Don't really see how it's faulty... Apparently the cowboys had holes too.

Dr. Doom (5/9/2008)
jsettle 44 (5/9/2008)

Doom,

This Falcons team is nowhere near the Cowboys team of 1988. THAT IS A FAULTY COMPARISON--in all due respect.We have so many holes on defense and offense, there will be NO miraculous turnaround in the near future.. especially if PROJECT RYAN is the QB..

This team will take their lumps like the 1-15 1989 Cowboys team, but they will never learn from their mistakes with Matt Ryan as the 'franchise' player..

Don't really see how it's faulty... Apparently the cowboys had holes too.

1989 dallas cowboys

27th/28 in yards per game

20th/28 in defensive yards per game

28th/28 in points per game

2007 atlanta falcons

23rd/32 in yards per game

29th/32 in defensive yards per game

29th/32 in points per game

i think its pretty comparable. our team looks better on paper than their team did. they actually look a little worse than we did. im not saying roddy white will be irvin, ryan will be aikman and turner/norwood will be emmitt smith because i think they all will be their own players, but the teams dont look that different. im also not saying we will be the cowboys of the 90's (and im sure dr.doom wasnt saying that we will be them either) but im not saying we cant have success like them. they werent too much better off than we are/were.

Don't get the greedy King Arthur angle and how starting Matt Ryan for ticket sales is the ultimate agenda. The only thing that secures ticket sales is winning, especially in this bandwagon town.

If having Matt Ryan sitting seems like the best option then your philosophy should apply to all our rookies who will be overwhelmed also. I'm assuming you are fuming that we didn't draft Dorsey but, would we have sat him down or put him on a billboard to help sell enthusiasm into the upcoming season.

Your whole point isn't much of a point at all to me.

The Falcon Ace (5/9/2008)

What are you talking about? This is the only name I have.

Dr. Doom (5/9/2008)

This team could turn out to be likethe cowboys that jimmy johnson took over.

Awesome, another guy that knows what arguement I was making! Thanks

The Falcon Ace (5/10/2008)
jsettle 44 (5/9/2008)
Ace,

Before this goes ANY further... I am not norwood-32! We may share similar insights about the falcons, but we are not the same person...;);)

Yes, and I am John Kincade. :w00t:

This just makes no sense at all. Why would I have two accounts if one can do the job? It just wastes time, effort, and energy.