Albert vs. Baker

ThunderCookie

aveboogie2 (5/9/2008)

Dude, he played less than half the game because of the injury....I can give you proof of that, where's all this info you have?

No, what you did was gave proof he left in the second quarter. What I did was state that he had 4 pancake blocks in the game, which I backed up by pointing out that NFLDS lists him with 6 key blocks in the game. For the season, Baker had 12, 8, 11, 10, 9, 6, 3 (in the game he did leave for good due to injury against Oregon), 12, 9 and 8 key blocks. So, one of two things happened. Either he returned to the game, what I'm saying, or he was on pace for a season high number of key blocks by a factor of two when he left...which would make him a dominant player any team would covet. Under either circumstance, Baker is a stud. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge is so very odd to me.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ki45toryu (5/9/2008)
You know who had really long arms? Frank Omiyale

Ya know who else? Robert Gallery

Who else? Marc Colombo, Mike Williams, George Foster, Kwame Harris, Jacob Rogers...I could all day

Moral of the story? Look at film...not arm length

actually i read that gallery had short arms.

jidady (5/9/2008)
aveboogie2 (5/9/2008)

Dude, he played less than half the game because of the injury....I can give you proof of that, where's all this info you have?

No, what you did was gave proof he left in the second quarter. What I did was state that he had 4 pancake blocks in the game, which I backed up by pointing out that NFLDS lists him with 6 key blocks in the game. For the season, Baker had 12, 8, 11, 10, 9, 6, 3 (in the game he did leave for good due to injury against Oregon), 12, 9 and 8 key blocks. So, one of two things happened. Either he returned to the game, what I'm saying, or he was on pace for a season high number of key blocks by a factor of two when he left...which would make him a dominant player any team would covet. Under either circumstance, Baker is a stud. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge is so very odd to me.

How can you state your opinion as a fact and then wonder why I don't acknowledge it?

One thing I can acknowledge, your favorite web site, NFL Draft Scout has a wealth of info

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/news/notesbys...=Southern%20Cal

"... A closer look at the Falcons' picks: Round 1/21 - Sam Baker, OT, 6-5, 314, USC - A reach at this point in the draft since several teams had a second- or third-round grade on him but a run on tackles led needy Atlanta to trade two second-round picks to Washington to move to No. 21 and get their new starting LT..."

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/08SBM.htm

NORTH Height Weight Arms Hands

Sam Baker 6044 308 3203 (32 3/8") 802 (8 1/4)

Please don't compare him to:

Matt Light: 33 3/4 & 9 3/4 hands

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/rev/apr01/...ewmattlight.asp

or Jake Long:32 7/8 & 10 1/4

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/415515

Sam Baker has short arms AND tiny hands!

brvslugger10

that is okay, how many times does a OL run at full speed during a game? It is all about quickness and agility for a LT

B-Slugger,

While I can't remember any good left tackles candidates ever have a 40 time

nearly that slow, I certainly hope that you are right, but regardless I think he

is at least part of the equation for improving our line.

VTCrunkler (5/10/2008)
totalbirdbrain (5/9/2008)
brvslugger10
that is okay, how many times does a OL run at full speed during a game? It is all about quickness and agility for a LT

Last season, Albert was effective at pulling and was running full speed on many occasions.

how many times as albert an All American ?

Rsmith (5/9/2008)
These scoutsneed to cut to the chase and forget all this arm length crap and just measure d*ck length. Clearly that is just as relevant as all the other data.

well if there is a direct correlation to hand size to c**k size, then Jake Long should be set with a second career choice in miami right?

There seem to be several differing reports on arm lengths and hand sizes, but Long's arms have to be bigger according to espn:

Overall: Long was redshirted in 2003. In his first active season at Michigan (2004), he appeared in 12 games, starting the last 10 at right tackle, and was selected to the Freshman All-America team. As a sophomore in 2005, played five games (four starts) at right tackle. He moved to left tackle in 2006, and went on to start all 26 of the Wolverines' games over his final two seasons. He was a first team All-America selection and the Big Ten Lineman of the Year in each of his last two seasons. Long missed the first seven games of 2005 while recovering from spring shoulder surgery and suffering from foot and ankle injuries. Long has outstanding experience to go along with his massive frame, above-average quickness for his size, a powerful upper body (37 reps), long arms (35.6 inches) and big hands (11 inches). He is not as athletic as last year's top tackle prospect Joe Thomas (Browns), but Long has more than enough range to effectively protect the quarterback's blindside in the NFL and he's bigger, stronger and more physical than Thomas was coming out of school. One year later, Long grades out slightly lower than Thomas (No. 3 overall in 2007) but he could actually come off the board earlier in what projects to be a weaker class.

i didnt see any info on arm/hand sizes at nfl.com, but im sure they are measured at the combine.

goosedaddy70 (5/10/2008)
Baker will be an All Pro regardless of arm length, hand size and anything else you want to throw in there.

The guy is a stud LT.

dont know about all pro, but im sure **** be a fine player for us, hes an upgrade over what weve got and we need him badly.

jidady (5/9/2008)
nettts (5/9/2008)

if dabrickishaw wasnt playin lt at virginia when alber arrived, believe me albert would have been an all american at lt every year he played.

Ignoring all the other nonsense you posted (as I ordinarily do), this line of thinking has already been dismissed as incorrect in this thread. Please read more carefully before posting. Virginia did not have a good option at LT after Ferguson left. They had two guys split those duties. Albert was never considered a good solution for the position. Making stuff up like this simply points out how weak your argument is.

how about making up things like "albert wasnt considere a good solution" up??!!!

actually, if anybody bothered to do any real research on albert at virginia, the reason they kept him at guard, actually, was because they only had 5 starting quality o-lineman at virginia that seperated themselves from the bunch, and there was a far drop-off in talent beyond those 5, and the guys who played ot didnt have the versatility to move inside.

the games in which albert did play lt, he absolutely dominated, as in every other game he played throughout his career.

aveboogie2 (5/9/2008)

How can you state your opinion as a fact and then wonder why I don't acknowledge it?

Given that you are just merrily bouncing around from argument to argument, it's amusing that you post the above. After all, you cannot refute the fact that the numbers you questioned have been validated from a source you go on to quote. Is the irony of such behavior lost on you? Given that you acknowledge their validity, I'll assume you have (correctly) ceded the point on the prior discussion. Good for you.

nettts (5/10/2008)

how about making up things like "albert wasnt considere a good solution" up??!!!

That's called reality. The fact that it hurts your argument makes you attempt to discredit it, but the fact is simple. A pair of players were given the opportunity to replace Ferguson at LT. Neither of them was Albert. This also discredits the argument that they only had five linemen, as there were obviously six if they had two guys playing LT. Again, your lying doesn't help anything. Some of us aren't catching up after the fact. We watched the situation at Virginia unfold.