Would anyone be upset if Ryan didn't start a game this year?

To be honest I'm not sure what my answer to my own question is.

The fact that he was the #3 pick makes me think "start him day one!!! Lets see what our millions got us."

But the fact that our O-line is what it is(Questionable) Makes me think he shouldnt even step on the field.

In my opinion Ryan has great potential but if he is rushed into action behind a less than stellar O-line we could do him and us more harm than good.

huh i guess i figured out my answer.

If our O-line finds its step mid-season then fine he could get a start, but I hope that Blank doesn't push for him to start as some kind of PR move, he may not realize that damage he could be doing. 

If I'm beating a dead horse i apologize but just thought i ramble.

its definitely nice if we got a chance to see him this year. the only way i say that i dont want him to play is if we are in playoff contention and chris redman is really doing a good job. because then, frankly, there is no reason to bring ryan in.

No, especially if Redman is getting killed big time in there. Honestly, i'd rather have Harrington in there if Redman goes down, and our Oline is terrible. However, if our oline is halfway decent, which i suspect it will be, i would like to give him some games.

it all depends on how everything goes really, if the O-line is really bad due to injuries again or just plain bad then i'd rather he didn't play. however if the O-line is alright-good then i'd like to see him get some playtime in the last few games provided we are out of playoff contention. thats my views on both ways this could go.

i think if the line stays healthy it should be OK and then Ryan can get on in the last few games, thats how i see it going.

Nope no need to rush him. We are in transition and rebuilding. No need to feed him to the wolfs unless a couple things happen.

1) injuries to out other qb`s force him in.

2) its qb`s fault we are loosing games and the season is a wash midseason but the team shows signs of getting better and the line is solid enough not to get him killed.

We will be talking about ryan for years to come. No need to rush it and get him beet up in his first year here. When he comes in, we want a team good enough to win.

But like manning in his first year, he had issues. As time goes by and he gets his timing and playbook down, he will get better.

I'd prefer for him to sit the entire year.  No need in wrecking his confidence.  I don't care if he is the #3 pick.  Vick was the #1 pick, and saw very little action his first year.  The only way I'd consider bringing him in is if our line is playing pretty well mid way through the season and our QB is underperforming.  Then I'd bring him in. 

I'll go along with the general consensus...no, not at all. He's no different than any other rookie QB..yeh he was a first round and our first pick overall, but that doesn't automaticly make him ready for Sunday just yet. we'll get to see what he's got all offseason and pre-season...a little too soon for anything else. ;)

I would'nt mind either way. If he doesn't get a start - it would be because someone else (?) is doing good and he is getting an education. hopefully he will get enough playing time to put together with the things learned to have him ready for next season. Sorry to bring logic to the board. lol

SEAN 130

i wouldn't be too upset. i think as long as he sees the field at some point, in clean up duty or something. in garbage time he might be looking at 2nd string guys, so i think he does need to see 1st string at some point. now if the season is in the tank and it is late in the season i wouldn't mind him starting a game or two just so he sees real game speed.