Adam Archuleta Released By The Bears Today

Jeffrey Olney

g-dawg (5/6/2008)
Adam Archuleta has never lived up to the "hype" that has surrounded him.   He absolutely has been "stealing money" the last several years - Redskins especially overpaid for this guy.

He might have been a better weakside linebacker than safety.

Jeffrey Olney (5/6/2008)
he is a good safety something we dont have besides milloy and hes older than the nfl lol.

ummmm...no, he's not a good safety. He struggled even while in Washington where they had a strong front seven. He's not aggressive enough to play strong safety and doesn't have the experience or speed for free safety....there's a reason he keeps getting cut.

He used to be my favorite player in the league, it's a shame this is what has become of his career.  It's a shame he was never able to put on 10 more pounds and play WLB.  He actually did play there one game in a pinch for the rams due to injuries and had like 14 tackles. 

TideFalcon (5/7/2008)
Just another "QB turned_____" gone wrong.

Why else would he get cut, he's not a NFL safety...or a QB either lol

He wasnt ever a QB, @ least not @ Arizona State. His problem is people looked @ him and saw Pat Tillman (R.I.P.- great college LB) instead of Brian Urlacher (SS/Kick Returner:D). If teams would've left him @ LB, regardless of his size (which aint that small) he probably would have been productive. PREDICTION: He signs w/ the Patriots and has 130 tackles this season:P 

Kaedus (5/7/2008)
TideFalcon (5/7/2008)
Just another "QB turned_____" gone wrong.

Why else would he get cut, he's not a NFL safety...or a QB either lol

He wasnt ever a QB, @ least not @ Arizona State. His problem is people looked @ him and saw Pat Tillman (R.I.P.- great college LB) instead of Brian Urlacher (SS/Kick Returner:D). If teams would've left him @ LB, regardless of his size (which aint that small) he probably would have been productive. PREDICTION: He signs w/ the Patriots and has 130 tackles this season:P 

I would lay odds on him signing with the Patriots, and your right, he's going to have to switch to LB to catch on with a team.  He's at least as big as Ian Gold on the Broncos.  He could be a 1st and 2nd down run support WLB, and then step off the field in nickel packages.