Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jayg

If Arthur Blank came out and said publicly "If everyone buys season tickets and the dome is completely sold out for every game--I GUARANTEE that the Falcons will take Mike Vick back as our QB when he gets out of prison to finish his career as Falcon"

80 posts in this topic

da snowman (5/6/2008)

isnt that how every owner is??look at jerry jones. he wants to win. he brings in T.O who is known for not having a good relationship with QB's but that seem to work out fine..what do u expect blank to be like? care for our feelings, continue to lose football games because we have high character guys and not alot of playmakers??i mean tell me, what do u expect out of an owner besides doing his job and filling up the dome and giving the fans a show every sunday..

LOL are you serious? Do you really think that EVERY owner would do that and say that just to make some money? No, not every owner would. Good owners want to win, Jerry Jones wants to win. He didnt bring in TO because he would bring in fans. He brought him in because he is one of the best WR in the game.

Vick would not be that and would not give this team its best chance to win. That would be a publicity stunt and that isnt somthing a winning franchise does.

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

isnt that how every owner is??look at jerry jones. he wants to win. he brings in T.O who is known for not having a good relationship with QB's but that seem to work out fine..what do u expect blank to be like? care for our feelings, continue to lose football games because we have high character guys and not alot of playmakers??i mean tell me, what do u expect out of an owner besides doing his job and filling up the dome and giving the fans a show every sunday..

LOL are you serious? Do you really think that EVERY owner would do that and say that just to make some money? No, not every owner would. Good owners want to win, Jerry Jones wants to win. He didnt bring in TO because he would bring in fans. He brought him in because he is one of the best WR in the game.

Vick would not be that and would not give this team its best chance to win. That would be a publicity stunt and that isnt somthing a winning franchise does.

since when did we become a winning franchise? i dont understand why yall keep sayin vick doesnt give this team a better chance to win..at this point in time, with the addition of sam baker, our offensive line should be better then when he was at QB, which allows time for him to sit back in the pocket and actually look for open recievers instead of getting the ball and having to take off because of the pressure in his face..

da snowman (5/6/2008)

since when did we become a winning franchise? i dont understand why yall keep sayin vick doesnt give this team a better chance to win..at this point in time, with the addition of sam baker, our offensive line should be better then when he was at QB, which allows time for him to sit back in the pocket and actually look for open recievers instead of getting the ball and having to take off because of the pressure in his face..

This franchise is trying to become one.

Vick has NEVER been a throw first QB and will never be one. His best assets are his legs, not his brain and not his arm. He is a playmaker NOT a QB.

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

This franchise is trying to become one.

Vick has NEVER been a throw first QB and will never be one. His best assets are his legs, not his brain and not his arm. He is a playmaker NOT a QB.

something i dont understand about you and all you so called haters of vick, did you feel this exact same way when we drafted him, or did u just become the hater when he got into trouble? when he got us in 2 playoff apperances, no one was doubting his QB abilities, when he and the team went up to greenbay and made history, no one doubted his abilites, when he ran for that touchdown in overtime against minnesota, no one doubted his abilites, so did your hate for him start before he got drafted, or after he got into his trouble?

da snowman (5/6/2008)

something i dont understand about you and all you so called haters of vick, did you feel this exact same way when we drafted him, or did u just become the hater when he got into trouble? when he got us in 2 playoff apperances, no one was doubting his QB abilities, when he and the team went up to greenbay and made history, no one doubted his abilites, when he ran for that touchdown in overtime against minnesota, no one doubted his abilites, so did your hate for him start before he got drafted, or after he got into his trouble?

I dont dislike the guy as a football player, as a person is a different story.

People were saying this about Vick when he was drafted, when he came here and when he did well here. This isnt anything new, I'm starting to wonder how much attention you paid to this team before now.

You let your fanfare for a player get in your way of judgement, Vick was one of my favorite players but I always knew that this team would not be a consistent winner with him at QB.

da snowman (5/6/2008

Mike couldn't see over the top of most of the O-lineman we have drafted/signed.  Vick is done, and so is this thread...imo

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

I dont dislike the guy as a football player, as a person is a different story.

People were saying this about Vick when he was drafted, when he came here and when he did well here. This isnt anything new, I'm starting to wonder how much attention you paid to this team before now.

You let your fanfare for a player get in your way of judgement, Vick was one of my favorite players but I always knew that this team would not be a consistent winner with him at QB.

and how did you come to the conclusion that we wouldnt be a consistent winner with him??why do u put all the blame on him? since he got drafted, what weapons did they surround him with to make this team a consistant winner??peerless price, ashley lelie, warrick dunn, tj duckett...the only reciever he has had that was taller than him was brian finneran and alge..everyone else, the same size. 6ft or under. blame the front office for not bringing in weapons, and the line to protect before you go bashing the QB..thats what where yall always go wrong. no wonder why vick broke records for rushing, he had no choice but to run, and sometimes when he did throw the ball, they would miss the ball..you need a example..roddy white against the saints in the dome, wide open, vick launches the ball, white is by himself, and misses the catch..i know everyone remembers that..

jayg (5/5/2008)
If Arthur Blank came out and said publicly "If everyone buys season tickets and the dome is completely sold out for every game--I GUARANTEE that the Falcons will take Mike Vick back as our QB when he gets out of prison to finish his career as Falcon"

how many of you would renew your season tickets or buy new season tickets?

This team is DEAD unless they take him back when he gets out--because he was the only reason they sold out --Atlanta didnt support this team very much when we went 14-2 with Chris Chandler or when we had Bartkowski and the '79-'80 Falcons either

Team is not dead without Mike Vick, but I would like to see him play for the Falcons again after he pays his debt to society.

da snowman (5/6/2008)

and how did you come to the conclusion that we wouldnt be a consistent winner with him??why do u put all the blame on him? since he got drafted, what weapons did they surround him with to make this team a consistant winner??

Because EVERY good QB has pro-bowl WRs? I dont think so.

I wouldn't.. I really really liked Vick when he was playing for us, but dude messed up and cost our team alot. I forgive him as a person, but I don't think he can ever play for this team again, and shouldn't. People who wear the Vick jerseys now and say we need to get him back are definetly not true Falcon fans, because they must not realize exactly how much he cost our team.

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

and how did you come to the conclusion that we wouldnt be a consistent winner with him??why do u put all the blame on him? since he got drafted, what weapons did they surround him with to make this team a consistant winner??

Because EVERY good QB has pro-bowl WRs? I dont think so.

name me 2 QB's that made it to the playoffs last year that doesnt have good, or great recievers on their team????go head...

HyPer50 (5/6/2008)
I wouldn't.. I really really liked Vick when he was playing for us, but dude messed up and cost our team alot. I forgive him as a person, but I don't think he can ever play for this team again, and shouldn't. People who wear the Vick jerseys now and say we need to get him back are definetly not true Falcon fans, because they must not realize exactly how much he cost our team.

if i paid almost $100 for a vick jersey, im gonna wear it..there is nothing wrong with that..you people who put your authentic jerseys in the garbage, now yall are the ones who are stupid..

da snowman (5/6/2008)

name me 2 QB's that made it to the playoffs last year that doesnt have good, or great recievers on their team????go head...

How about I name you one who didnt have much help and still won 3 SBs.

Jeff Garcia didnt have a whole lot of help last season either, how great are the Seahawks WRs? The Readskins did it w/o any pro-bowlers too.

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

How about I name you one who didnt have much help and still won 3 SBs.

Jeff Garcia didnt have a whole lot of help last season either, how great are the Seahawks WRs? The Readskins did it w/o any pro-bowlers too.

is the one you named jeff garcia???when did he win 3 superbowls..jeff in tampa has a great backfield, joey galloway is an elite reciever, still faster than most corners in the game, so no, hes has weapons, dont to mention a great defense..try again.

da snowman (5/6/2008)

is the one you named jeff garcia???when did he win 3 superbowls..jeff in tampa has a great backfield, joey galloway is an elite reciever, still faster than most corners in the game, so no, hes has weapons, dont to mention a great defense..try again.

The QB was Tom Brady, Galloway is not an elite WR, you didnt mention the Readskins or the Seahawks and Vick has just a good backfield as anyone in the league when he was here.

So no, you try again.

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

The QB was Tom Brady, Galloway is not an elite WR, you didnt mention the Readskins or the Seahawks and Vick has just a good backfield as anyone in the league when he was here.

So no, you try again.

tom brady...wow, are you serious..lets start with his magnificent offensive line that he has blocking for him, not to mention probowlers on that line, recievers, before moss got their, stallworth and jabar gaffney, and chad jackson..id take those over roddy, jenkins and finneran anyday..the redskins have randel el, and santana moss..id take those 2 anyday, the seahawks have deion branch and a bomb defense...come on now, u gotta do better than this atl...joey galloway is better than any reciever we have on our roster..

da snowman (5/6/2008)

tom brady...wow, are you serious..lets start with his magnificent offensive line that he has blocking for him, not to mention probowlers on that line, recievers, before moss got their, stallworth and jabar gaffney, and chad jackson..id take those over roddy, jenkins and finneran anyday..the redskins have randel el, and santana moss..id take those 2 anyday, the seahawks have deion branch and a bomb defense...come on now, u gotta do better than this atl...joey galloway is better than any reciever we have on our roster..

You wanted to know about last season. Neither the Redskins nor the Seahawks WRs performed well.

Stallworth was not their before last season and you cant be serious about chad Jackson and Jabar Gafney. :laugh:

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

You wanted to know about last season. Neither the Redskins nor the Seahawks WRs performed well.

Stallworth was not their before last season and you cant be serious about chad Jackson and Jabar Gafney. :laugh:

stallworth has been in new england since he left the saints and that was a while ago..what are you talkin about.

da snowman (5/6/2008)

stallworth has been in new england since he left the saints and that was a while ago..what are you talkin about.

You must have missed the season where he was traded to the Eagles from the Saints before going to NE last season.

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

You must have missed the season where he was traded to the Eagles from the Saints before going to NE last season.

ok hold on..u got me confused..what season year are we talkin about here?

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

Obviously he slept through the 2006 season (probably explains why he still thinks Vick is a good QB as well). Not to mention that Donte Stallworth (who only played 1 season in New England) is having a career very much like another UT WR named Peerless Price. Stallworth has had 1 big season in a contract year, but before that & after that has only managed mediocre numbers.

Kobold King (5/6/2008)
da snowman (5/6/2008)

oh yea, and i just thought of 2 more recievers the pat had..troy brown and deion branch...now what???

"ok hold on..u got me confused..what season year are we talkin about here?"

Stallworth played in NO in 2005, Philly in 2006 and NE in 2007 (his ONLY year there, the same year Moss showed up).