'King' Arthur's next decision will determine the future of his regime...

norwood-32

As we all know, the Falcons organization has entered an era similar to the Great Purge in Russia. Those that don't fit the regime are promptly eliminated. TD and King Arthur envision a clean team with a zero tolerance on trouble makers - hence, signing and drafting only model citizens.

Furthermore, the King and his royal executioner have sought to remove ties with former trouble makers, better known as 'thugs'. The best example of this is shunning Vick. As Vick descended in chaos with the law, King Arthur slyly broke his ties with him.

In fact, the yearn to create a house of choir boys has become so extreme that even players that are spotless off the field, face extermination. DeAngelo Hall is the best example. While many consider Hall a thug, he by no means has committed any crimes off the field.

Today, King Arthur faces another situation. While TD and Mike Smith have gone a long way in building a house fit for the feet of the Pope, there is still one more room the needs to be cleaned - the living space of Michael Boley.

Herein lies the dilemma. Will King Arthur go against his word and become a hypocritical owner, or will he stay true to his word and be an honorable man? With Boley arrested, the only logical decision would be to break ties with him. After all, Boley is now a thug, and not much unlike Vick and Hall.

The right decision is to release Boley or trade him. Though Boley may be one of his best players, what message would that send to the rest of the team? It's fine to beat up people? A crime is a crime, and King Arthur really needs to do what is best for his franchise...and that is get rid of the 'thugs.'

King Arthur needs to keep his word, or otherwise he'll never right this ship. Good players or not, if your a thug, you need to be shown the door. And Boley is now a thug.

Bye bye Boley. Hope you and Vick share a cell.

There are no second chances here in Atlanta.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bigduke633 (5/5/2008)
Dhalls contract was the issue.Boleys situation is serious but not a deal breaker.

Not to mention, Vick has been cut -- he's in jail.  I think Blank has been more than cordial about the whole Vick thing.

DHall didn't want to be here and made that statement clear.  He also made it clear a number of times that he wanted a long term contract.  He got his pay day -- which we couldn't have paid him with the dead money related to Vick being in prison -- as well as paying our rookies.

norwood-32 (5/5/2008)
As we all know, the Falcons organization has entered an era similar to the Great Purge in Russia. Those that don't fit the regime are promptly eliminated. TD and King Arthur envision a clean team with a zero tolerance on trouble makers - hence, signing and drafting only model citizens.

Furthermore, the King and his royal executioner have sought to remove ties with former trouble makers, better known as 'thugs'. The best example of this is shunning Vick. As Vick descended in chaos with the law, King Arthur slyly broke his ties with him.

In fact, the yearn to create a house of choir boys has become so extreme that even players that are spotless off the field, face extermination. DeAngelo Hall is the best example. While many consider Hall a thug, he by no means has committed any crimes off the field.

Today, King Arthur faces another situation. While TD and Mike Smith have gone a long way in building a house fit for the feet of the Pope, there is still one more room the needs to be cleaned - the living space of Michael Boley.

Herein lies the dilemma. Will King Arthur go against his word and become a hypocritical owner, or will he stay true to his word and be an honorable man? With Boley arrested, the only logical decision would be to break ties with him. After all, Boley is now a thug, and not much unlike Vick and Hall.

The right decision is to release Boley or trade him. Though Boley may be one of his best players, what message would that send to the rest of the team? It's fine to beat up people? A crime is a crime, and King Arthur really needs to do what is best for his franchise...and that is get rid of the 'thugs.'

King Arthur needs to keep his word, or otherwise he'll never right this ship. Good players or not, if your a thug, you need to be shown the door. And Boley is now a thug.

Quit sniffing glue  !!!!!!!!

Who else is a thug on the team?

Dude, Boley probably pushed his wife. Maybe it has to do with an arguement about his son. Who he really love and care about.  Boley is not a thug. He jus overracted. Everyone does that. Other than that you can make an arguement on J-Will.

norwood-32 (5/5/2008)

What the ****? You have absolutely no idea what actually happened. You don't cut a probowl player because of a misdemeanor. Vick is in prison last time i checked. and Hall is gone because he isn't good for a lockerroom, not because he's a "thug".

and who are you to call people thugs? Easy to say such outlandish things when you can hide behind a screenname. Calling people thugs and questioning them when Michael Boley has never done anything to make anyone believe he is anything but a stand up guy. Just shut your ignorant mouth.

norwood-32 (5/5/2008)

You leave out alot of key facts to boost your stance here.

You forget that Vick had a history of incidents and he directly lied to Blank, McKay, and the GMs face.

DeAngelo Hall demanded to be traded, he wanted out. He broke his ties when he starting yelling to the media. Not to mention he DEMANDED a MASSIVE CONTRACT. Unless you planned on paying him that 10 million a year, he wasn't staying.

So, amongst your shallow shots at Blank & Co and your failure to remember key facts to boost your stance, I'd say that this looks like another BS post by Vick75. I did love though how you told us WHY Vick/Hall are gone.

You never learn, because you know all there is to know in your own little world.

norwood-32 (5/5/2008)

Excuse me, but King Arthur was involved in a sexual discrimination case. Is he by your definition a thug as well?  If you dig a little you may find some skeletons in more closets that we probably should not discuss on this forum. I am going to choose my words carefully and not be so quick to wave bye-bye to people, especially since none of us are perfect.

norwood-32 (5/5/2008)

so...explain the great purge in russia and its social consequences...or are you just full of sh## again?

bigduke633 (5/5/2008)
Dhalls contract was the issue.Boleys situation is serious but not a deal breaker.

I acknowledge that. Then explain to me why the entire message board was calling Hall a thug for not committing crimes.

bige (5/5/2008)
One strike against Boley does not equal repeated blunders by the other two.

Repeated blunders... Tell me, what crimes did Hall commit? And also, a crime is a crime, doesn't matter how many times you've committed it. If King Arthur wants to create a clean team, he can't start taking sides.

mjace71 (5/5/2008)

What the ****? You have absolutely no idea what actually happened. You don't cut a probowl player because of a misdemeanor. Vick is in prison last time i checked. and Hall is gone because he isn't good for a lockerroom, not because he's a "thug".

Umm, yes you do. If your off-season gameplan is to clean up the team and start a new, you can't just let one guy slide because his crime was smaller than another's.

Fan7 (5/6/2008)

Excuse me, but King Arthur was involved in a sexual discrimination case.Is he by your definition a thug as well? If you dig a little you may find some skeletons in more closets that we probably should not discuss on this forum. I am going to choose my words carefully and not be so quick to wave bye-bye to people, especially since none of us are perfect.

If that's true, then he may be considered a thug also.

dzor22 (5/6/2008)

so...explain the great purge in russia and its social consequences...or are you just full of sh## again?

I used the Great Purge analogy because in essence, the Falcons organization is purging the roster of malcontents, cancers, 'thugs', and misbehaviors. While the goal of the Great Purge is different than the goal of TD and King Arthur, (as the Great Purge involved ridding political enemies and the objective of TD is to rid troublemakers), both involve ridding individuals that may undermine the foundation of the organization.

Here at the Falcons organization, we are looking to get rid of players that have run-ins with the law, no matter what crime he has commited. Hence, us bringing in model citizens and creating a 'Falcon filter' in which only players with clean resumes may pass.

With Boley, King Arthur has a decision to make - either he is to continue the purge and built a team without so called 'thugs,' or he is to break his own vow and allow a few troublemakers on the team. He needs to decide which path to follow, either allow good players that are troublemakers to stay, or release/trade them away. King Arthur cannot let a troublemaker to stay just because he's a pro-bowl player. He has instated a policy of removing players that aren't model citizens and he needs to keep his word.

YAWN, more lies from a liar, am I surprised? You guessed it, I'm not. Hello liar, you are a person of low character, and your third-grade word games were tiresome long ago. Your parents did a poor job raising you. I hope you have no offspring.

rhourk (5/6/2008)
YAWN, more lies from a liar, am I surprised? You guessed it, I'm not. Hello liar, you are a person of low character, and your third-grade word games were tiresome long ago. Your parents did a poor job raising you. I hope you have no offspring.

Pretty ironic. I'm here to state my comments about how King Arthur needs to keep his word and you, a 'pure football' member insults me and calls me someone of low character. Pretty ironic since your the one doing the name calling. So is name calling something a person of high character would do?

norwood-32 (5/5/2008)
FalconDawg (5/5/2008)
Would anything he did or didn't do please you?

I'm saying, if King Arthur wants to get rid of thugs, he needs to get rid of ALL thugs.

What are you talking about??  When did arthur blank say, "I'm going to get rid of all the thugs?"  He hasn't even gotten rid of Vick yet.  Gah, your dumb!