At this point in the ballgame...

I hope Matt Ryan is just as good as Chris Miller. Even Chandler. Either of the Chris's. I dont want him to bomb after all this hype. Dorsey would not have improved this team one iota. Mark my words he wont even be a factor in KC. We just need a competent QB to complement Mularkeys offense. Ryan seems to fill the bill so Im hoping for the best. Start Matt week one before all the controversy on this board gets worse.

I do think Dorsey will be huge eventually. I don't know about next year, but he will be a great NFL player, imho.

Ryan, well, I don't know just how good he will or won't be. But I do hope he can be more for us that Chris Miller or Chris (fragile, handle with care) Chandler. Both of those players are near and dear to my heart, but honestly, we NEED Ryan to be better than both of those players. After the events of last season, and considering how high we picked him, I think we better have our starter for the next 7 years, or our already fragile fan base might get even thinner.

And not to bash our current team, but I think a whole lot of the teams Miller and Chandler played on were better than the current version of what we have.

Guest Gritz
stoned_jc7 (5/2/2008)

I do think Dorsey will be huge eventually. I don't know about next year, but he will be a great NFL player, imho.

Ryan, well, I don't know just how good he will or won't be. But I do hope he can be more for us that Chris Miller or Chris (fragile, handle with care) Chandler. Both of those players are near and dear to my heart, but honestly, we NEED Ryan to be better than both of those players. After the events of last season, and considering how high we picked him, I think we better have our starter for the next 7 years, or our already fragile fan base might get even thinner.

And not to bash our current team, but I think a whole lot of the teams Miller and Chandler played on were better than the current version of what we have.

A lot of truth in that post jc.....I agree about Dorsey....If he can avoid the injury bug I believe he's going to be a star in the NFL.

gritblitzer (5/2/2008)
stoned_jc7 (5/2/2008)

A lot of truth in that post jc.....I agree about Dorsey....If he can avoid the injury bug I believe he's going to be a star in the NFL.

Key words: injury bug. He hasnt had much luck avoiding the injury bug so far and it only gets tougher in the NFL.

stoned_jc7 (5/2/2008)

Bashing Chandler? Who is the only QB to ever take us to the Super Bowl. Wait, let me think, hmmmmmmm.....Chris Chandler. He got hit all the time too. I can see you are a true fan. Bashing the only guy to ever lead this team anywhere.

i think we are a lil more of a balanced team.like we were with chandler behind center.with roddy developing better as a reciever and turner&norwood in the backfield and goin to a tightend blocking scheme i say play ryan asap.and get this thing rollin!!!!

nick h (5/3/2008)
dorsey never missed a game in college. i dont get this injury bug stuff. he got hit by one chop block and now he's injury prone. no, it doesn't work like that

Scout.com Player Evaluation:

STRENGTHS

Body Control and Balance

Disengaging Skills

Explosion

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT

Injury History

Size

FalconFansince80 (5/3/2008)
nick h (5/3/2008)
dorsey never missed a game in college. i dont get this injury bug stuff. he got hit by one chop block and now he's injury prone. no, it doesn't work like that

Scout.com Player Evaluation:

STRENGTHS

Body Control and Balance

Disengaging Skills

Explosion

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT

Injury History

Size

Interesting that we're talking about how we hope our new guy is at least as effective as former injury prone QBs and knocking a guy who didn't miss any games due to injury.