Brian Finneran or Joe Horn or Adam Jennings

nativefalcon

Brian Finneran or Joe Horn or Adam Jennings, I'm hoping Finnerans leg is back, if hes not he will be gone by training camp. Tell you the truth, wouldn't care if the others were junked too along with Jenkins. :P

Roddy White, Laurent Robinson and Harry Douglas will be the future. ;)

That wasted WR pick we took in the 3rd round should get the hook.  Along with McKay and Blank for leaving the team hanging after this weak, weak, draft.  Not to mention Adam Jennings.  I mean for the love of God, that's two interior linemen we could've had drafted instead.

I will be surprised if we can stop 1st and 20 or gain on 2nd and 1 any better than last season.

I think Jennings will be gone. He had been very useless so far. Waste of roster space. Finn will probably be gone also because he has been injured for the pass 2 years. Coach Smith and Coach Murlarkey will most likely want to see what he can do in the Mini Camp befor they will decide. I like to keep Joe Horn. He can help  coach up the young receiver and he can provide excellent depth.

Of the ones you mentioned, I'd send Jennings packing.  I heard somewhere that Finn has actually been working out at FB.  If he can still go, he'd be worth keeping around over Jennings. 

I say give Jenkins this year to get it in the road.  I think he's an RFA after this year anyway. 

UGA_DAWG46 (4/30/2008)
I think Jennings will be gone. He had been very useless so far. Waste of roster space. Finn will probably be gone also because he has been injured for the pass 2 years. Coach Smith and Coach Murlarkey will most likely want to see what he can do in the Mini Camp befor they will decide. I like to keep Joe Horn. He can help  coach up the young receiver and he can provide excellent depth.

And Horn and Finneran can do leadership, but I agree, if Finns leg even twitches he will be gone. :( I hate that Always liked a tall receiver like Ed Mcaffrey. Get the catches you need to make. ;)

nativefalcon (4/30/2008)
FalconFansince80 (4/30/2008)
Joe Horn is gone. I dont see Fin coming back either. Hes been out of it too long.

hes been injured? ;)

I guess thats an attempt at humor. Yes injured is an understatement. He stood out one year because he led the team in receiving(611 yds, pathetic). The day of Brian Finneran is over. Which is sad because he has heighth, something our WR corps is lacking.

nativefalcon (4/30/2008)
Joe Horn is gone. I dont see Fin coming back either. Hes been out of it too long.

hes been injured? ;)

I guess thats an attempt at humor. Yes injured is an understatement. He stood out one year because he led the team in receiving(611 yds, pathetic). The day of Brian Finneran is over. Which is sad because he has heighth, something our WR corps is lacking.

nope not a attempt at humor and FINN and CRUMP were the only receivers that could catch from Mike Vick. And having a 6 ft 5 receiver even for 611 would be good considering their are 3 other recievers.;)

nativefalcon (4/30/2008)

hes been injured? ;)

I guess thats an attempt at humor. Yes injured is an understatement. He stood out one year because he led the team in receiving(611 yds, pathetic). The day of Brian Finneran is over. Which is sad because he has height, something our WR corps is lacking.

The "leadership" comment that keeps being made cracks me up. Some of you talk about a roster spot being wasted on someone entering his 3rd year that returned punts and produced every time he was given the ball on offense that was a 6th round pick? Wasting roster spots just for mentors is a waste of a roster spot. That is what Mr. Blank pays Robiskie and Mularkey for, to show the WRs how to do their jobs.

bakerball (5/1/2008)
nativefalcon (4/30/2008)

hes been injured? ;)

I guess thats an attempt at humor. Yes injured is an understatement. He stood out one year because he led the team in receiving(611 yds, pathetic). The day of Brian Finneran is over. Which is sad because he has height, something our WR corps is lacking.

The "leadership" comment that keeps being made cracks me up. Some of you talk about a roster spot being wasted on someone entering his 3rd year that returned punts and produced every time he was given the ball on offense that was a 6th round pick? Wasting roster spots just for mentors is a waste of a roster spot. That is what Mr. Blank pays Robiskie and Mularkey for, to show the WRs how to do their jobs.

theres a difference between coaching & setting an example,i respect your opinion,but joe had a ton to do with roddys progression,imo,& it wouldnt hurt,would even be productive,imo, if we kept him on another year.......& btw ..hes slower, but he can still catch

At this point here are all 9 of the WRs.  A "Run oriented team"  usually keeps only 5 WRs on the 53 man roster.  Of course they could put douglas and/or weems on the PS but I don't think they will put Douglas there for fear that another team might grab him.  So with Weems on the PS and 5 on the 53 man roster that means 3 have to go.

WR-X

R White

L Robinson

A Jennings

E Weems

WR-Z

J Horn

Harry Douglas

M Jenkins

B. Finneran

Chandler Williams

I think they will keep horn just because of the big cap hit if they let him go.  They need all the cap space  they can get to sign the 11 draftees and 7 UDFA plus 2 FA vets

So I think Finn is gone to get cap $$.  I don't think Chandler will make it so it really comes down to choosing between Jenkins and Jennings.

nativefalcon (4/30/2008)
Brian Finneran or Joe Horn or Adam Jennings, I'm hoping Finnerans leg is back, if hes not he will be gone by training camp. Tell you the truth, wouldn't care if the others were junked too along with Jenkins. :P

Roddy White, Laurent Robinson and Harry Douglas will be the future. ;)

Jennings, and Finneran are gone.  Call it a coincedence or whatever, but it is funny that Horn's first year here something clicked for Roddy.  Horn will be a good mentor and number 5 WR for the new guys and to coach along Robinson for the number 2.

How quickly people forget how solid Finneran was for us.....then again, it shouldn't surprise me...most people on this board have the memory of a goldfish.

Finn, Horn, and either Jenkins or Jennings are gone. Jennings future will play out depending on how he responds to this offseason....he is a good wideout, but not as explosive as anticipated in the punt return game.

ki45toryu (5/1/2008)
How quickly people forget how solid Finneran was for us.....then again, it shouldn't surprise me...most people on this board have the memory of a goldfish.

Finn, Horn, and either Jenkins or Jennings are gone. Jennings future will play out depending on how he responds to this offseason....he is a good wideout, but not as explosive as anticipated in the punt return game.

You are joking right?  Finneran has been doing nothing but taking up a roster space the past 2 years and salary cap room.  Yeah we are all naive and just don't remember anything.  This is a what have you done for me now league not well two years ago when you were healthy you were good.