Prediction

Bring It

A really good year.

When you get 53 talented guys who believe in the coaches...........the system...........BELIEVE IN EACH OTHER............and are HUNGRY; hungry to prove to the world who and what they are:

NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

It's gonna be a very, very good year.

I agree that it is going to be a good year.  I don't think this team is going to win many games, but the Falcons will see a lot of young players take thier lumps and come of age, and I think this team will be a legitimate playoff contender in 2009.

I would never flame anybody for being optimistic.  Heck I am one of the eternal optimist around here.  But realistically, this team is going to have about 9 or 10 players starting who are in thier rookie or second year, including the QB probably.  If the Falcons get 9 wins this year, it will be the greatest coaching job in the history of the NFL.

Peyton (4/30/2008)
I would never flame anybody for being optimistic.  Heck I am one of the eternal optimist around here.  But realistically, this team is going to have about 9 or 10 players starting who are in thier rookie or second year, including the QB probably.  If the Falcons get 9 wins this year, it will be the greatest coaching job in the history of the NFL.

Just remember this : NOTHING is stronger than the human spirit. Nothing will ever beat it. As I said, when 53 guys completely buy into a mission, as I believe these NEW Falcons will, based on coach Mike Smith's football knowledledge, sincerity, and leadership.............these guys will run through a brick wall for Smitty by Sept. 1.

I don't care that they are young and inexperienced.............in fact I like that about this new team. They won't know that they "shouldn't" win.

This is going to be a SPECIAL group, being led by a SPECIAL coach.

charlestonchad (4/30/2008)
Believe it or not, the Packers were actually ranked 31st going into game 1 last season. They had one of the youngest teams led by a QB who was being doubted by most.

Now here we are, a very young team led by a QB that is being doubted by many.

:cool:

Yup.

Bring It (4/30/2008)
Peyton (4/30/2008)

Just remember this : NOTHING is stronger than the human spirit. Nothing will ever beat it. As I said, when 53 guys completely buy into a mission, as I believe these NEW Falcons will, based on coach Mike Smith's football knowledledge, sincerity, and leadership.............these guys will run through a brick wall for Smitty by Sept. 1.

I don't care that they are young and inexperienced.............in fact I like that about this new team. They won't know that they "shouldn't" win.

This is going to be a SPECIAL group, being led by a SPECIAL coach.

That is exactly what Farve said in an interview towards the playoffs about their young GB team.  Even when they were behind they kept on fighting and believing when most vets would have accepted the loss.

millejb (4/30/2008)
I don't see us having too good of a season, I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it, we still have ALOT of holes along both lines and a very very young secondary, I think this team is on the come up but I really don't see too good of a season, and I hope to god we do not start Matt Ryan right away.

Mularkey and Smitty will only start Ryan if he's ready.

The more I hear about our current O line, the more comfortable I am. After analyzing it over the past three months, watching film from the last two seasons, Smitty has said the talent is definitely there. That leads me to think our O line coaching was so pathetic, the schemes were destined to fail.

Smitty and TD feel good about our lines, both.

Bring It (4/30/2008)
millejb (4/30/2008)
I don't see us having too good of a season, I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it, we still have ALOT of holes along both lines and a very very young secondary, I think this team is on the come up but I really don't see too good of a season, and I hope to god we do not start Matt Ryan right away.

Mularkey and Smitty will only start Ryan if he's ready.

The more I hear about our current O line, the more comfortable I am. After analyzing it over the past three months, watching film from the last two seasons, Smitty has said the talent is definitely there. That leads me to think our O line coaching was so pathetic, the schemes were destined to fail.

Smitty and TD feel good about our lines, both.

I just don't want him to start behind a poor line because that causes bad habits to form, it has happened time and time again, if our line plays well I have absolutely no problem with him starting, but if they do not I would rather him sit and learn.

Bring It (4/30/2008)
A really good year.

When you get 53 talented guys who believe in the coaches...........the system...........BELIEVE IN EACH OTHER............and are HUNGRY; hungry to prove to the world who and what they are:

NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

It's gonna be a very, very good year.

If all goes well with the picks and signings then I think we can go 8-8.

I know that I am the ultimate optimist - it sure is nice to see some posative stuff around here. WE ARE UNDEFEATED SO FAR THIS YEAR! can the pats say that? NOOOO! we have a real shot at our division! seriously! I know that other teams have made some good moves as well - but we are in a weak division. We could be stting at the top! we do need some luck - but every coach in the NFL admitted if he could only have one intangible, what would it be? LUCK. we just need a little BTW.

SEAN 130