WHEN WILL SHERRIF TAYLOR LET OPIE START ???

sporkdevil (4/30/2008)
We have a very good QB in Redman. I hope Ryan doesn't see game time till week 8. It would be best if he sits all year (such as Palmer).

Plus I don't like Ryan. I want to see what Redman can do with a slightly improved offensive line and an actual running back.

Redman had a decent outing in the 2 of the last 4 games he played in.  In 2007 Redman was selling insurance.  Redman is a good backup quarterback.  I would not put too much faith in Chris Redman, he has not really proved anything to me

Redman was 1 of only 17 NFC Offensive Player of the Week winners. The new staff thought enough of him to sign him to a $5 million deal. I predict he will start as many games as he is healthy to, and Ryan will likely be kept in bubble wrap until 09. I could be wrong about this, but I think they'd rather have Redman and/or Harrington take the bumps and bruises and allow Ryan to absorb the offense for a year.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the Ryan pick but I do think the man is gonna be pretty good. I've heard comparisions to Palmer with the accuracy and Manning with his film studying. You really cant knock that. I hope we allow him to play at least 2 quarters this preseason and see where he's at when its done. I think Redman should be named the starter going into this year but I think the job should be up for the player that gives us the best chance to win. If that's Ryan then so be it. I don't care who starts as long as we win

Wow smith kinda resembles aunt bea a little. I'd like to see Ryan start just cause I'm impatient and have no concern for his health.. but It'd be best to let Redman kick it off. Plus if he turns out to be half as good as people on here say he is, we might can get something for him before he gets to old to even sell insurance

sporkdevil (4/30/2008)
We have a very good QB in Redman. I hope Ryan doesn't see game time till week 8. It would be best if he sits all year (such as Palmer).

Plus I don't like Ryan. I want to see what Redman can do with a slightly improved offensive line and an actual running back.

look at manning and aikman they both started in their rookie year!>>>>had horrible first seasons but as long as you dont mess with the confidence of the player he should still be good!!   I am not saying Ryan should start right away but its not unheard of!!

Redman is better than most think. I bet he wins the job if he's healthy. He knows how to play behind our porous line. Harrington doesn't have a clue. DJ might.

Ryan would be reading the banners on the Dome ceiling, not defenses. He will probably sit til mid season or later unless we're like 1-7 or Arthur wants to try some sort of marketing campaign to boost ticket sales.

Sit Ryan ALL YEAR.  We don't need him in there at all this year, or at least until 6-10 games in to let the O line get gelled and get the chemistry rolling.  ****, here's to hoping that Redman has things in control so much, and we're winning so much that Ryan doesn't need to start.  My question is how long before there is a Ryan billboard off 75?

Magic Man (4/30/2008)
Sit Ryan ALL YEAR.  We don't need him in there at all this year, or at least until 6-10 games in to let the O line get gelled and get the chemistry rolling.  ****, here's to hoping that Redman has things in control so much, and we're winning so much that Ryan doesn't need to start.  My question is how long before there is a Ryan billboard off 75?

Except for that last part (your question) I totally agree. 

If Arthur wanted us to draft him I can assure you that he will not want his new "Face of the Franchise" sitting long.  I say he'll be playing by game 5 or 6 when that coaches decide - "we think ole Ice Ice Matty will give our offense a spark.  The thing is with mularky's Offense the running backs will carry the load so as not to expose the QB to badly