NFL Appeals Doty Decision

birdweiserrr

july425 (4/30/2008)
atljbo (4/30/2008)
The NFL is a power house....... If they want to win this case..... They will

Were they not a powerhouse when they lost the original ruling? Its not even about Michael Vick's bonus money anymore, they're setting the stage for the end of the CBA and they want their nemesis David Doty removed. Now when there is no salary cap due to all this, I wonder how all these people hollering about Vick's money are gonna feel when Arthur Blank can't sign anybody but high school players because owners like Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder are stockpiling their teams with no problems. They're tripping over money right now and will be able to get anybody they want....not an owner who made a negative 3.4 mil last year in gross profits. Just because you can draft players,  doesn't mean you can keep them after a few years.

The uncapped year is not designed to allow the teams who have more money to gain. 

Read this article written by Peter King for an explanation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...abor/index.html

Screw Vick he signed the contract with the knowledge we was currently breaking the law. The contract should be null and void. If Vick can't give us our money back the commissioner should have a league wide vote and excusing that money from our cap.

petrinoHATER (4/30/2008)
While I cant stand what Vick did the team needs to leave his money alone.there is no guarantee he will ever play football again.I will not buy tickets again if we bankrupt this man.I was about to buy 2 side by side season tickets until I read that post.

I seriously doubt Vick has any money. Even if we win, we're not gonna get anything.

YoungHeezy (4/30/2008)
sdogg (4/29/2008)
phalconphil (4/29/2008)
sdogg (4/29/2008)
phalconphil (4/29/2008)
i hope vick gets to keep all that money. lord knows the falcons made a lot more than 20 mill off his #####.

and they made it leagally and with good faith. Vick knew he was breaking the law and should have known it would cost him his job and many other things if he got caught.

actually it wasnt until a month before he was busted that it became a felony. he would have gotten a slap on the wrist. he didnt know hed be doin time for dogfighting. nobody else was.

Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. Even had it not been made a felony, a QB in the NFL should have some common sense not to get involved with barbaric activity.  Had Vick spent the time he was organizing and attending dog fights, on more constructive things like, lets see, being a better QB, he would have been the ultimate weapon.

You can never be the ultimate weapon with a bum supporting cast.  Sure he could've worked harded at becoming a better quarterback...but would our O-line let it been seen? Would our wide-outs let it be seen?  Look no further than 7-24 without him.

no qb in history has been expected to do so much with so little help around him. never.

phalconphil (4/30/2008)
YoungHeezy (4/30/2008)
sdogg (4/29/2008)
phalconphil (4/29/2008)
sdogg (4/29/2008)
phalconphil (4/29/2008)
i hope vick gets to keep all that money. lord knows the falcons made a lot more than 20 mill off his #####.

and they made it leagally and with good faith. Vick knew he was breaking the law and should have known it would cost him his job and many other things if he got caught.

actually it wasnt until a month before he was busted that it became a felony. he would have gotten a slap on the wrist. he didnt know hed be doin time for dogfighting. nobody else was.

Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. Even had it not been made a felony, a QB in the NFL should have some common sense not to get involved with barbaric activity. Had Vick spent the time he was organizing and attending dog fights, on more constructive things like, lets see, being a better QB, he would have been the ultimate weapon.

You can never be the ultimate weapon with a bum supporting cast. Sure he could've worked harded at becoming a better quarterback...but would our O-line let it been seen? Would our wide-outs let it be seen? Look no further than 7-24 without him.

no qb in history has been expected to do so much with so little help around him. never.

That's no excuse to run a multi state dog fighting and gambling ring. He knew exactly what he was doing when he signed the contract,he is a ##### on so many levels.