Sign here if you are behind Matt Ryan.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TD and MS know waaaaaaay more about evaluating players than any of us on these boards.  If they think he's the right guy...he has  my support 100%.

Hoping that Matt Ryan studies the playbook and learns how the NFL works, while Chris Redman leads us to some long-overdue success.  In my perfect football world, Matt gets mop-up duties in mid-season, when the Falcons have a comfortable lead in the fourth quarter.

It could happen.

Good post. Whether or not it was the correct pick based on needs doesn't matter. Dimitroff and Blank are picked him for his talen and character. They are trying to do away with the Mike Vick ERA and move on. Drafting who is regarded as the only franchise (this year and the next few years) was a major step to vanishing Vick from this franchise.

I SUPPORT THE PICK!

Matt Ryan in the Boston Globe talking about his pre-draft meeting with Mularkey and Musgrave:

"I don't think they were trying to stump me, really," Ryan said. "I think they just wanted to know what I knew. I enjoyed that meeting. A lot of it was basic football, protections, formations, route combinations, progressions."

Don't think I ever recall the inmate formerly known as MV7 utter the words "protections, formations, route combinations, progressions." That's quite refreshing.

B C (4/30/2008)
The Cush (4/30/2008)
B C (4/30/2008)
**** NO! - Matt Ryan is overrated. Can't throw, too slow, and football intelligence is overanalyzed.

He is not a football player and the organization will fall into an even deeper hole. I see Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Heath Shuler rolled into 1.......sorry, but sell this crap to someone else.....

Nobody said you had to be a Falcon fan. You know where the door is. If you're not going to support him, better to find a team with a QB that you can.

I think I leave my decision of who I support to the person who matters the most - ME! Now you take your same advice when you are voting for President........

****, think we've found a fan that wants to suffer even more than he has. He won't even be rooting for the guy QB'ing. LOL

Hey, it's your right. It is your decision. Whoever QBs the Falcons, well, I'm going to root for them to do well. And whoever is President of the United States, I'll do the same.

I'm there, Matty Ice is a good kid, and he's smart in the books and on the field. I know that this isn't about liking the pick, but I have to say that originaly I didn't want him. But I thought long and hard about it and I'm convinced that we got what we needed, when we needed to. I just didn't want a pretty boy, but all the rough tough QB's loose there value in the NFL. If you can't RUN an offense with efficiency, you can't win consistantly. I believe he can RUN this thing.

Tron5000 (4/30/2008)
Matt Ryan in the Boston Globe talking about his pre-draft meeting with Mularkey and Musgrave:

"I don't think they were trying to stump me, really," Ryan said. "I think they just wanted to know what I knew. I enjoyed that meeting. A lot of it was basic football, protections, formations, route combinations, progressions."

Don't think I ever recall the inmate formerly known as MV7 utter the words "protections, formations, route combinations, progressions." That's quite refreshing.

I totaly loved mike for what he was, not what he wasn't, but your right too. He was never that "deep" when it came to prep work untill right after "the incedent". I heard the same interview and I was like "yes, he loves brain work, he's well developed, and he's excited to show his compitance." GO MATTY ICE!!!!