BC Fan enters into Falcon Fandome

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome for now as a ryan fan. we hope to have a Falcon fan when the time is right for you. Each person here has their own personal story of why they became a Falcon fan - many of the MV stories right now are having a hard time - because they came to love the birds because of MV and now are having to deal with many different emotions. be careful what you wish for! but welcome!

SEAN 130

monoxide (4/29/2008)
you can never have to many fans. Here's a question that can decide how big of a fan you want to be.

You are stuck on an island, with nothing but a black and gold blanket do you:

1: bundle with it, who cares what color it is!

2: throw it in the water, no Saint colors will ever be used on my body!

3: rip out the gold threads and use the black ones to cover up, neutral

4: none of the above

:laugh:
phalconphil (4/29/2008)
we dont need ryan fans. we need falcon fans. take your ##### post somewhere else.

says the guy with "free mike vick" in his sig.

welcome to the new boards BCFalcon, i remember when i first became a falcon fan when the falcons drafted vick, and learned to love them and now they are my favorite sports team out of any of my favorites (chicago bulls, minnesota twins... etc). hopefully following matt ryan to our team will allow you to fall in love with the falcons like i have.

welcome aboard and hopefully ryan leads us to the playoffs in a couple years.

Mr. Offseason (4/29/2008)
phalconphil (4/29/2008)
we dont need ryan fans. we need falcon fans. take your ##### post somewhere else.

welcome to the new boards BCFalcon, i remember when i first became a falcon fan when the falcons drafted vick, and learned to love them and now they are my favorite sports team out of any of my favorites (chicago bulls, minnesota twins... etc). hopefully following matt ryan to our team will allow you to fall in love with the falcons like i have.

How the **** are your favorite teams the Bulls, Twins and Falcons? Nothing wrong with it, but that seems an odd mixture.

Tron5000 (4/29/2008)
Mr. Offseason (4/29/2008)
phalconphil (4/29/2008)

How the **** are your favorite teams the Bulls, Twins and Falcons? Nothing wrong with it, but that seems an odd mixture.

Im - falcons - lakers -dodgers  - go figure - we all have rights - lovin the HAWKS right now though. I might go fri. to see em!

SEAN 130

falconfan130 (4/29/2008)

Im - falcons - lakers -dodgers - go figure - we all have rights - lovin the HAWKS right now though. I might go fri. to see em!

SEAN 130

Yes, we do have rights. I believe I remember that part of the Constitution that says, "Government shall not infringe upon the right of any man to cheer for whatever team he so chooses."

It's just odd to me to have 3 favorite teams in 3 different cities. Guess it's 'cause I was born in Atlanta, so I've always been a Braves-Falcons-Hawks guy.

Tron5000 (4/29/2008)
falconfan130 (4/29/2008)

Im - falcons - lakers -dodgers - go figure - we all have rights - lovin the HAWKS right now though. I might go fri. to see em!

SEAN 130

Yes, we do have rights. I believe I remember that part of the Constitution that says, "Government shall not infringe upon the right of any man to cheer for whatever team he so chooses."

It's just odd to me to have 3 favorite teams in 3 different cities. Guess it's 'cause I was born in Atlanta, so I've always been a Braves-Falcons-Hawks guy.

I understand - I grew up in LA and moved to the Atl. in 70 Started loving Falcons cause they were the only team I could see. Rams moved and made it easier to love falcons. I guess mine make sense.

SEAN 130

MattyIce (4/30/2008)
Huge BC fan #2 on board. Big Matt Ryan fan. All over the Falcons since the draft.

I watched every BC game I could last year, 'cause I knew the Falcons needed to build around a Qb and I thought Ryan was the guy. I'm a GT fan, so I was there when he shredded our top-25 defense while wearing our jersey because his was stolen. I watched him bring that BC team back against VT. Is he as good as I think he is?

BCFalcon (4/29/2008)
I would like to introduce myself to all of you as a college football fanatic who is following one of his all time favorite football players into the NFL. I live in New England, Boston to be precise, and have never been able to follow the rest of brethren onto the Patriots band wagon. Instead I secretly wish they had moved to Hartford back 199.

I don't like The New England Patriots. Never have, never will.

I am a serious sports fan, and open minded. I am able to admit that I'd rather have Derek Jeter at short then Julio Lugo, I am able to admit that my beloved BC Eagles will never be that big of a deal in Boston, I am not afraid to admit that the new Red Sox front office is just as bad as the Evil Empire (The Yanks), and I'm not afraid to admit that I like it. But I have never been able to get into the Patriots. Maybe if they were called the Boston Patriots or they still had the old "Pat The Patriot" logo, but they aren't and instead they have flying Elvis' on their helmets.

Now I won't get into "Spygate", because I highly doubt the Pat's are the only ones who employed video spying techniques and I do think the Patriots last year were one of the best teams to line-up at the line of scrimmage since the Cowboys in the early '90's, but that doesn't mean I don't hate them. Ask me why I hate them and I cant really tell you, but I do know my hatred for them has left me a passive professional football fan.

Until now. On Saturday I officially joined the '08 Draft class waiting to find out where i would land and with the third pick in the first round I was selected by the Atlanta Falcons... well kind of. As I sat in my TV chair, with laptop at hand and fresh from the BC spring game I sat and waited for the call. I eagerly awaited one of the top 10 teams to become my number one team (actually number 5; 1. BC Football 1a. Red Sox 3. Bruins 4. Celts 5. Matt Ryan's team).

I'm not going to lie to any of you and follow Matt in saying I wanted to be a Falcon all along, because I didn't, I wanted to be a Raven. I wanted to dawn the Purple and Black and be an annoying thorn in the AFC for my Patriotic friends and join one of my good friends in DC for a few games next year, but that didn't happen.

In fact Atlanta, the team that seemed to be the most logical choice and the choice of most experts for Ryan's new destination scared me, and still scares me. I'm not sure if the Falcons fans, you all included, are ready to help and accept a new young QB (but then again is any fan-base), not while the Vick debate is still hot on the burner. But here I am, tagging along with Matty and am all the better for it. I'm happy to be an NFL fan and am excited to see what happens. In fact it won't be my first time on the Falcons wagon, I joined the majority of the country on the "Dirty Bird" ride, but really only because I hated the Bronco's (even though they had Romanowski on their side). I'm learning more and more about the Falcon's, like number 12 is worn by Michael Jenkins, and their team's history, like the fact that Steve Bartkowski has the most career passing yards (23,468) and am hoping Matt becomes an integral part of it all.

So in closing, I assure you that the Falcon's now have a football player who is a no nonsense football fanatic and perfectionist who will work himself into the ground to be the best QB for the Falcons, one who isn't happy till he wins. One who plays game after game on a broken foot and still wins. One who seemingly falls flat on his face on national television, only to stand up in the last few minutes to win the game of his life thus far. This is what makes him a potential "Franchise QB," and nothing else. We all know the talent is within the ballpark of a "Franchise QB" tag, or else he wouldn't have gone in the top 5, his stats may be debated, but he was a great college QB who has all the makings to be an even better NFL QB.

Welcome

I became a Falcon fan for the same reason (only with Mike)...