Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bossFALCON™

Who Got GTA IV Last Night???

291 posts in this topic

Isn't it terrible to shoot a guy off a roof and watch him fall about 25 stories to the ground? Actually....no, not really!

The police crime report for yesterday on PS3 version. (For those on X360 and connected to the Social Club, you'll see the statistics for your console)

This combines all users playing.

156fvy8.jpg

Got 100% today. My first 100% in a GTA game... and unlike the previous installments, I didn't use a single cheat in this game. It's a lot easier to get 100% in this one. The cop evasion system allows for a easier gameplay. I feel there wasn't as much to do though.

This one had the best story, by far, but III trough San Andreas had much better atmospheres. It felt great just messing around in them. Here I don't feel that. I just want to do what's asked of me and get it over with.

Saw the heart of the Statue of Happiness today too. Very nice. Not the easiest place to get to as you have to fall from a helicopter, but it's cool.

womfalcs3 (6/8/2008)
Got 100% today. My first 100% in a GTA game... and unlike the previous installments, I didn't use a single cheat in this game. It's a lot easier to get 100% in this one. The cop evasion system allows for a easier gameplay. I feel there wasn't as much to do though.

This one had the best story, by far, but III trough San Andreas had much better atmospheres. It felt great just messing around in them. Here I don't feel that. I just want to do what's asked of me and get it over with.

Saw the heart of the Statue of Happiness today too. Very nice. Not the easiest place to get to as you have to fall from a helicopter, but it's cool.

Do you get any reward for getting 100%?  Armored cars?  New outfits? 

And I agree, there seems to be more to do on San Andreas and Vice City.  I missed just messing around with tanks, jetpacks, and airplanes.  This game was still really good though.

I'm only at about 50% because I haven't played it a whole lot lately. I played for about an hour last night, did the Hotel mission for Ray, and helped out one of the random characters.

Hey womfalcs,

For the stunt jumps, did you use a map you found online, or did you just come across them all by playing?  I want to do them all, but every map that I've found online hasn't really helped me to find them.  If you know of a good online map (possibly with pictures) of the stunt jumps, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott24Falcons (6/9/2008)
Hey womfalcs,

For the stunt jumps, did you use a map you found online, or did you just come across them all by playing? I want to do them all, but every map that I've found online hasn't really helped me to find them. If you know of a good online map (possibly with pictures)of the stunt jumps, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Definitely used maps. I used this one. It has videos of the stunt jumps as well. I used the same website to find all the pigeons. There are various stunt jump and pigeon locations that NO ONE would be able to find by simply running into them.

Edit: By "no one" I mean no one outside of the development team.

womfalcs3 (6/9/2008)
Scott24Falcons (6/9/2008)
Hey womfalcs,

For the stunt jumps, did you use a map you found online, or did you just come across them all by playing? I want to do them all, but every map that I've found online hasn't really helped me to find them. If you know of a good online map (possibly with pictures)of the stunt jumps, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Definitely used maps. I used this one. It has videos of the stunt jumps as well. I used the same website to find all the pigeons. There are various stunt jump and pigeon locations that NO ONE would be able to find by simply running into them.

Edit: By "no one" I mean no one outside of the development team.

Sweet.  That's exactly what I needed.

Thanks a lot.

B_ELLIS24 (7/19/2008)
For those of you who have beaten the finale: did you choose money or revenge?

I initially chose the money. I felt guilty though, so I quit and reloaded my file. I went online to check what the consequences are of each option, and I chose revenge afterward.

Yes... I completely defeated the whole point behind making the decision by knowing the consequences beforehand. :P

I also chose revenge. And, I finally beat the ship mission where I kill Dmitri. The final mission looks like it might be kinda tough.

I beat the final mission last night!

It wasn't easy, but I finally got it. My problem was I kept getting too close to the boat with the helicopter, and they kept shooting it down.

Now, it will be interesting to see what else is out there on the game.