Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bossFALCON™

Who Got GTA IV Last Night???

291 posts in this topic

My friend got it before anyone got it legally in the US. (Lives in Australia)

And he hasnt played it yet. Well he probably has now, but he goes to bed at such early hours for no reason.

i got it at a midnight release at gamestop and got about an hour in. so far pretty good. not great yet, but it's just the beginning.

Got it at Wal Mart last night. Played for about an hour and a half. The controls are gonna take some getting used to. I think Rockstar tried to make the driving more realistic so it's pretty difficult to fly around the city like in previous games. Also, the walking controls are kind of stiff. I'm sure after a few more hours of play I'll be used to it though.

As far as the game overall, it's pretty slow starting. Haven't really done a whole lot yet. Don't even have a gun yet so I can't really make an accurate judgement on that. The graphics look good though, especially for a game like this that's so massive. Voice acting is good too. One or two lines that sounded pretty bad from one character, but all other characters' actors have been excellent so far.

After reading this thread, I stood up from my desk, walked out of my office, got into my car, drove down the street to Gamestop, bought it, and came back.

I got it.

After about 1½ hours of campaign, i tried the multiplayer, and i must say that i'm impressed. It's really, really fun. 16 player deathmatch is the bomb. I haven't experienced lag in the MP yet, and the city is 'alive'.

I enjoy the game.

I want it, and my mother will let me buy a ps3. But my father is like, if you buy a ps3 you'l have to find another house to have it at.

What an #####.

But i will be getting one :)

I bought it and the game guide on my way into work....and now its staring at me...and I'm staring at the clock...and I'm sad...

By the way, it took me like 30 minutes to find the multiplayer games. :P

I guess i didn't pay attention in the beginning. With the phone you basically controls everything. Just pop it up, and it will have a bunch of features. Just a tip. I was about to freak out because i couldn't find the multiplayer.

Im absolutely dying inside. Im going to buy it today but Ive convinced myself that I cant play it until after finals...

Its going to kill me inside.

It's just eating away at me, I have the special edition pre ordered at Play & Trade and it's going to be sitting there until 5:30pm PST. I want to play it so bad right now, I think I'm going to call in sick tomorrow....

Its a pretty amazing game, the new controls is different but GTA needed a change...But after playing for awhile, the new controls will be fine as you go threw it like its nothing.

9/10 overall imo

Great game so far. The city is real impressive and is nicely done. May take some time to get use to for some with the controls and adjustments, but it is worth it so far.

womfalcs3 (4/29/2008)
Just got it.

Half way through the installation right now. Also got myself a DualShock 3 with it.

What is there to install?

womfalcs3 (4/29/2008)
Just got it.

Half way through the installation right now. Also got myself a DualShock 3 with it.

lol you are only a little behind me womfalcs. im just starting to play.

bossFALCON (4/29/2008)
was anybodys really dark when it turned night time? i had to turn the brightness all the way up.

Yeah some areas are really dark. I have the headlights turned up. I do have my brightness settings biased towards bright because it got really dark in other games too (Like Resistance in close quarters).

got mine today but cant play it because my Xbox got the three rings of death. so hopefully within the next week I can start my brother has it and says its AWESOME

I just got mine a couple of hours ago, the last GTA I played was when they were in Liberty City before don't really remember COPS on that one but they our annoying on this one.