I think that a large portion of black fans in Atlanta thoght Vick might be the first

jgentry162

McNair and McNabb both got there teams to the super Bowl but did not win it. Doug Williams won the Super Bowl but Jay Schroeder won most of the games to put him in a position to win it. Which became very obvious when Williams was given the starting QB job the next year and fell on his face.

I think many black Atlanta fans thought Vick might be the black QB to get it all done on his own. To bad he never developed as a passer as he very well might have. Blank gave him a lot more chances than a lot of owners would. The he lied to his face.:w00t:

It is not Blanks fault it is not Ryan's fault it was Mike's fault and I can't beleive the fan base he still has after he let us fans down so bad. He never cared for us his middle finger showed us that. Vick only cared for Vick. I know that is the Gangsta way but it is not the NFL or Atlanta Falcon way. You notice everyone who thought it was is now gone. ;)

Um, wow.

It is natural for people that feel a kinship with a player, regardless of why they do, to root for and defend that player.

I don't really root based on race, but I can't really speak for black people.  If they do, I take no offense to it.

I only take offense when people put Brooking down because of his race, then 5 years into their complaining, "prove" he's washed up.

Maybe he is now, but he wasn't when you started complaining.  Which makes me wonder, where are all the people that were screaming Takeo Spikes should replace him?  *crickets*

For the record, Mike Vick provided me with the most exciting moments in Falcon history, and I'm a Bartkowski fan.  I'm sad he's gone, and I don't think his behavior is remotely tied to his race.  More to his immaturity and unwillingness to heed the advice of the people that cared for him vs. those that leached off of him.

/end mini rant  :)

I just think that whole Gangster mentality that is driven in many of the young black youths took a hold of Vick as he thought he was living large as they say. Smoking weed and fighting dogs. To him his life was grand. It is to bad because how much of an effect did it have on his football abilities. I don't understand how one race can cut themselves and their woman down like they do. Glorify gun and drug usage like the do in Rap poems. And the baby momma does nothing about it when their kids to the same. Someone is not a good kid just because it was the first time they got caught. Sad really sad

jgentry162 (4/28/2008)
I just think that whole Gangster mentality that is driven in many of the young black youths took a hold of Vick as he thought he was living large as they say. Smoking weed and fighting dogs. To him his life was grand. It is to bad because how much of an effect did it have on his football abilities. I don't understand how one race can cut themselves and their woman down like they do. Glorify gun and drug usage like the do in Rap poems. And thebaby mommadoes nothing about it when their kids to the same. Someone is not a good kid just because it was the first time they got caught. Sad really sad

Is this even real

bigbartfan (4/28/2008)
Um, wow.

It is natural for people that feel a kinship with a player, regardless of why they do, to root for and defend that player.

I don't really root based on race, but I can't really speak for black people.  If they do, I take no offense to it.

I only take offense when people put Brooking down because of his race, then 5 years into their complaining, "prove" he's washed up.

Maybe he is now, but he wasn't when you started complaining.  Which makes me wonder, where are all the people that were screaming Takeo Spikes should replace him?  *crickets*

For the record, Mike Vick provided me with the most exciting moments in Falcon history, and I'm a Bartkowski fan.  I'm sad he's gone, and I don't think his behavior is remotely tied to his race.  More to his immaturity and unwillingness to heed the advice of the people that cared for him vs. those that leached off of him.

/end mini rant  :)

Thank you.

Williams did not win most of the games that put Washington in the position they were in to win the Super Bowl, Jay Schroeder did. I am not knocking him he was the first Black QB to win a Super Bowl, Just as McNair was the first black QB to take his team to a super Bowl. Now all is left is the first black QB to take a team to the Super Bowl and win it. I was hoping Atlanta would hold that honor, but Vick cared more about himself than football:angry: 

jgentry162 (4/28/2008)
Williams did not win most of the games that put Washington in the position they were in to win the Super Bowl, Jay Schroeder did. I am not knocking him he was the first Black QB to win a Super Bowl, Just as McNair was the first black QB to take his team to a super Bowl. Now all is left is the first black QB to take a team to the Super Bowl and win it. I was hoping Atlanta would hold that honor, but Vick cared more about himself than football:angry: 

Williams started throughout the entire playoffs, therefore he led them to a SuperBowl and routed the Bronco's.

I think Brooking still has gas in the tank. As soon as we get another d-lineman that has to be doubled and they are not able to send a gurd straight at him you will see the real Brooking. If he get to move to weak side he will be in the ProBowl. I hear you just like they said Kerney was washed up

I think that the type of attitudes that the author of this thread has are the one's that causes hate.  It's not that so many black people are Vick fans.  It's just that some white fans like this one are always trying to bring up his flaws.  As you may have also prayed for him to do something wrong.  Birdweiserrr aka Tonabull trolled this board wishing for Vick to do bad.  When Vick had a good game, you didn't even hear from him.

Purple Label (4/28/2008)
I think that the type of attitudes that the author of this thread has are the one's that causes hate.  It's not that so many black people are Vick fans.  It's just that some white fans like this one are always trying to bring up his flaws.  As you may have also prayed for him to do something wrong.  Birdweiserrr aka Tonabull trolled this board wishing for Vick to do bad.  When Vick had a good game, you didn't even hear from him.

I KNEW IT! ...and to think, I complemented him on his thread about fans leaving.

jgentry162 (4/28/2008)
I just think that whole Gangster mentality that is driven in many of the young black youths took a hold of Vick as he thought he was living large as they say. Smoking weed and fighting dogs. To him his life was grand. It is to bad because how much of an effect did it have on his football abilities. I don't understand how one race can cut themselves and their woman down like they do. Glorify gun and drug usage like the do in Rap poems. And thebaby mommadoes nothing about it when their kids to the same. Someone is not a good kid just because it was the first time they got caught. Sad really sad

the gangster mentality isn't as much as a problem as the ignorant mentality that you have.

scott hartley (4/28/2008)
jgentry162 (4/28/2008)

the gangster mentality isn't as much as a problem as the ignorant mentality that you have.

Keep believing that.

Purple Label (4/28/2008)

While Tonabull frequently spun the discussion here toward Vick and his shortcomings he wasn't always wrong. Sometimes he seemed to be trying to balance out many of the people who would never blame MV for anything. And sometimes he was right about Vick but many here refused to listen. Either way, past is past.