Matt Ryan may be too much like Joey Harrington

Honestly, that was my first thought when thay announced the Matt Ryan pick. Why when we already have him -J.H.!!  Harrington had a strong arm in college too, and was considered a good leader. I guess only time will tell. But I still wish we would have got Dorsey instead.:)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ether422 (4/29/2008)
wow no, some people just aren't smart. harrington had a run and shoot offense which MADE him look good. just like brohm, brohm had an offense that made his numbers better than his actual ability. Ryan had a pro style offense with NO weapons around him. if you can name me a boston college reciever than i appluad you because i cant. 9 of his interceptions game from tipped up passes from the recievers. he did not have an offense that looked good, he had an aggressive offense in which he's lucky that it didnt make him look bad. there's a big difference between a quarterback actually being good (ryan) and a quarterback that looks good from a run and shoot offense.

All I think any of us are trying to say is that at this point there are a lot of "ifs" surrounding Ryan.  Just like any rookie QB.  Whether it was the system or if they really were good in college it's all speculation until he proves it in the NFL.  And (I believe) that his being able to have professional success will greatly depend on how he is allowed to develop and whether he has the correct players around him to aid that development.

the only simularity is that they were drafted #3 overall. Joey was a spread offense jeff tereford (msp?), the same guru responsible for David carr, Trent dilfer and kyle holler--all NFL disappointments.

Ryan on the other hand played in a pro style offense that he learned in a very short time.

also to his 19 int, I doubt he'll be throwing 654 times as a pro.

CaptainSkully (4/29/2008)

Im guessing his 40 time is too slow and he dont have the braids you like?

You'll have to ask the person that wrote the article that question..I only copied and pasted it, I didn't write it. I thought the link would help in making that distinction...apparently not.

aveboogie2 (4/29/2008)
july425 (4/28/2008)

Matt Ryan, the so-called cool, clean-cut.......

Like Ryan, Harrington s schoolboy smile........

....and you wonder why people, "minorities" in particular find fault in the NFL. It's character assessments like these applied, only applied to white QB's, that perpetuate the myth that non-whites aren't cut out to be QB's.

Don't forget the "intangibles"...another buzzword that implies some phantom spirit-type quality.

Kobold King (4/29/2008)
july425 (4/29/2008)

Don't forget the "intangibles"...another buzzword that implies some phantom spirit-type quality.

It must suck to hate a race of people so much. Did a more qualified honkey get a promotion you were up for?

What are you talking about? oh....another of your freudian slips....ok.

Kobold King (4/29/2008)
july425 (4/29/2008)
What are you talking about? oh....another of your freudian slips....ok.

I think you know, you just choose not to understand.

/golfclap

Making sense out of nonsense is definitely a task I would not choose.

skippy (4/29/2008)
Honestly, that was my first thought when thay announced the Matt Ryan pick. Why when we already have him -J.H.!!  Harrington had a strong arm in college too, and was considered a good leader. I guess only time will tell. But I still wish we would have got Dorsey instead.:)

BC in in the ACC, and Oregon is in the PAC 10....  The ACC has More Comp than the Pac 10 every year, we always know who will win the Pac 10, but it is a toss up in the ACC because of the Level of talent each team has.