My Fellow Falcon Brothers...Let them leave us...Lets see who returns when Matt brings us a Ring

MashDaddy

All these people can denounce their Fanship but me my Friend...Im a Fan till Death even if over the next 50yrs we dont have back-2-back winning seasons...(Hopefully not cause I will die from Heart-attack in mid-40's.) But we will stay strong I have Faith in this Kid(Matt Ryan) to bring us a RING before his time ends in Atlanta. So lets re-unite and run all these unfaithful people off our boards....But when we do get that Ring lets see how many come flying back and saying that their where fans all along with a Tampa Bay jersey on....

MashDaddy (4/28/2008)
All these people can denounce their Fanship but me my Friend...Im a Fan till Death even if over the next 50yrs we dont have back-2-back winning seasons...(Hopefully not cause I will die from Heart-attack in mid-40's.) But we will stay strong I have Faith in this Kid(Matt Ryan) to bring us a RING before his time ends in Atlanta. So lets re-unite and run all these unfaithful people off our boards....But when we do get that Ring lets see how many come flying back and saying that their where fans all along with a Tampa Bay jersey on....

Shouldn't you be making this plea to Arthur Blank? He's the one begging the fleeing fans to come back.

july425 (4/28/2008)
MashDaddy (4/28/2008)

Shouldn't you be making this plea to Arthur Blank? He's the one begging the fleeing fans to come back.

HE is playing it safe by lowering prices.....The season could start and the dome could have 8 striaght Full house games.....But neither you or him would know cause the season dont start till September....So, No I dont need to plea

The term "Fan" gets thrown around, and then people that leave scream "Just because we don't go any more, doesn't mean we aren't fans.

Actually, it does.  Fan stands for fanatic.  If you were only a fan of Mike, or any other single player, then you aren't a Falcons "fanatic."

It is what it is.  As for me, I was a fan before, and I will be from now on.  It's not a judgement, just wonderment on how anyone can leave and say they were a "fan."

Gnorts (4/28/2008)
RING?! 8-0 start? You guys are a owners dream.

Just mail your pay check to the team since you love them so much.

Such blind faith does not impress me.

I must've missed what you're replying to.  Do you actually have posters on this message board that are trying to impress you?  That's pretty impressive!  :hehe:

dirtydirty (4/28/2008)
i live 1700 miles from atlanta and i get alot of #$!@ every dang day for being a fan and i am never ever going to stop. I would be in the stands if i could. it doesnt mean i am not a FANATIC!

Well, I think (actually Im sure) my point was that if you were coming, and stop now, you aren't a fan...

Believe me, I can't afford to always come to the game, but I wish I could.  In your case, if you just switch or stop watching because a player or two is gone, I'd say you weren't a fan.

Certainly sounds like you are though  :)

Gnorts (4/28/2008)

You know, that's weird.  Every other city has "blind faith" at the beginning of a season, yet you mock ours...

No wonder we get ranked as the crappiest sports city in major publications. 

bigbartfan (4/28/2008)
Gnorts (4/28/2008)

You know, that's weird. Every other city has "blind faith" at the beginning of a season, yet you mock ours...

No wonder we get ranked as the crappiest sports city in major publications.

I'm from CANADA, so it's not a Atlanta thing. It's a Atlanta Falcons thing. Last year I saw the blind faith and well... ouch... This year the draft was coming so new hope then... ouch... The fact is I study this team and i have no idea what they are doing... It's not like they are winning and they know more than me... The draft was a strange one. Getting rid of Crumpler. Losing Hall...