USA Today Draft Grades

Wild Bill

Draft Grades, USA Today

C-plus

- Atlanta Falcons: Everything rides on QB Matt Ryan. His stock climbed as the draft approached. The Falcons wanted stability and a new face for the franchise. Not sure the second reason is enough to take Ryan (19 interceptions last year) third overall. Traded back into the first round for OT Sam Baker, who could wind up at G, making this a reach. Like the defensive picks more than the offensive ones, but Ryan ultimately makes or breaks this draft.

:D:D:D:D;):P

MSN's grades  by John Czarnecki gave the Falcons; draft an A grade. He gave the media's darlings Carolina a B+, the Saints got a C+, and the Bucs got a C.

I think the grades at this point depend who is whose pet team, i.e. ESPN's love fest with Carolina. Check at mid-season to see how many of the rookies made the team and how many are keys to their respective team.

Peace

splitstream (4/28/2008)
I love it! We always get great grades on the draft and three years later they're all out of football. I think this may be the best draft in Falcons history, we'll se in three years.

PS I think this may be the best draft in Falcons history, we'll se in three years? no;)

grendel (4/28/2008)
bucman (4/28/2008)
Wild Bill (4/28/2008)
Tampa's draft was poor. This seems to be a re-occuring theme. :D

Opnion's are like @$$ h0les... everyone has one, and they are all full of shyt:D:D

We'll see how you feel after Talib is suspended 4 games for substance abuse.

Tampa doesn't have those player issues like the Falcons do. So we can take a chance on Kids who have told the truth about there past. Plus how Many Kids Said they Smoked pot?

604hof (4/28/2008)
MSN'sgrades by John Czarneckigave the Falcons; draftan A grade. He gave the media's darlings Carolina a B+, the Saints got a C+, and the Bucs got a C.

I think the grades at this pointdepend who is whose pet team, i.e. ESPN's lovefest with Carolina. Check at mid-season to see how many of the rookies made the team and how many are keys to their respective team.

Peace

I actually looked back at our '04 and '05 drafts and the talent was actually enough to give us a B- if we'd KEPT those guys. '06 was a C+ to me and that's only b/c Jerious saved that draft. I honestly still feel good about what '07 will turn out...but this draft...*shrugs

KJW 23 (4/28/2008)
Draft Grades, USA Today

C-plus

- Atlanta Falcons: Everything rides on QB Matt Ryan. His stock climbed as the draft approached. The Falcons wanted stability and a new face for the franchise. Not sure the second reason is enough to take Ryan (19 interceptions last year) third overall. Traded back into the first round for OT Sam Baker, who could wind up at G, making this a reach. Like the defensive picks more than the offensive ones, but Ryan ultimately makes or breaks this draft.

:D:D:D:D;):P

I give it a C-. We could have done better, but did already and filled OT, QB, and MLB needs at an expensive price.

we got hosed and looked like a bunch of *******, we chose a qb that was only marginally better than the rest of the field at 3. then you tell us the lineman were slim pickings and break the bank on one lineman. and with those seconds and that 4th we gave away we make washington redskins come out with abettr draft than we had when they originally had nothing to look forward too. they had no hope of a good draft,but here come santa clause to the rescue (atlant falcons).its sad people that picked behind and with less picks had more of an impact draft than we did.

grendel (4/28/2008)
Wild Bill (4/28/2008)
Tampa's draft was poor. This seems to be a re-occuring theme. :D

yes, but Carolina had a GREAT draft. Yes, they sold their #1 next year to get it, but they got a dominating RB, big powerful LT who's also got very quick feet, very good CB, and got the steal of the draft in Dan Connor, who I think was a top 15 talent. They're going to have a scary good LB corps now, and with Stewart and Otah, and our lack of DL help, they're going to continue the tradition of running the ball down our throats.

oh my god they got otah, looking at the highlights of sam baker compared to him i think we got laughed at.

so, if I read this guys comments correctly, he is saying that if Ryan and Baker do not turn out the way the Falcons hope, its a bad draft - of course, he does not say what it means if Ryan turns out to be another Matt Hasselback and Baker turns out to be a solid LT